Burke Thread 2: The Mountain Of Lost Shovels

Feb. 19, 2005, 7:55 p.m.

Originally posted by davet
The slide area is a bit spooky. Constant rocks coming down, it's almost as if it's about to let go. We got past as quick as we could. It would be shitty if it came down, although maybe it would give BC Parks something constructive to do rather than tear down perfectly good mountain bike trails.

WHere on the trail is the slide area?

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Feb. 19, 2005, 10:05 p.m.

Originally posted by Farmer
WHere on the trail is the slide area?

On the road up. You come to a clearing. Where there was a slide long ago. That's the slide area.

Feb. 23, 2005, 4:09 p.m.

oh ya I know where that is. I was thinking on the trail:thepimp:

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

Feb. 28, 2005, 6:58 p.m.

yes me and atn were up there riding thursday and saturday. wow major ice under powerlines. the rest of the trails are in great condition (didnt ride flywheel). a little dusty for winter lol. and then sunday me peter and atn went up with shovels and built up 2 burms and made them real nice. and this rain today should help pack them in good.

BTW, whos farmer?

March 4, 2005, 7:58 a.m.

If anyone is going up to do trail work in the next while (month or 2) let me know. I now live fairly close to Burke and haven't ridden there in a couple of years so I wouldn't mind getting up to do some trail work and find out what's there.

a still pond
a frog jumps in
ripples

March 5, 2005, 10:02 p.m.

shit shoulda said so sooner. we were up last weekend and built up too burms and a small drop. Me Atn and a friend. they can be seen in this vid

we should be heading up hopefully next weekend aslong as its not raining. where abouts are you? and can you hook up a ride to the gate? since we cant drivve.

March 6, 2005, 8:04 p.m.

I was up on Flywheel today(sunday) and the trail was in fairly bad shape. Most of the ladders are broken. IH8XC, were those berms you made on flywheel, cause if they were they were nice, if not, good job to whoever built them there.

March 7, 2005, 11:24 p.m.

Farmer, WHO ARE YOU?

March 10, 2005, 7:57 a.m.

Originally posted by IH8XC
**shit shoulda said so sooner. we were up last weekend and built up too burms and a small drop. Me Atn and a friend. they can be seen in this vid

we should be heading up hopefully next weekend aslong as its not raining. where abouts are you? and can you hook up a ride to the gate? since we cant drivve. **

looks like this weekend is out for me. I am sans vehicle saturday (my wife needs it) and I hve some work to catch up on Sunday.

I may see if I can scam a ride to the north shore saturday and go do some work on CBC, I believe there is a group going up there.

a still pond
a frog jumps in
ripples

April 10, 2005, 7:09 p.m.

Cheers to whoever is doing the work on Triple Crown right now. We rode Upper Red R and then Lower Red R. Had so much fun on Lower Red R we hiked back up and did it again. Then rode Frank's Trail into Galloway, which was awesome! So cheers to the builders!

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

April 10, 2005, 10:26 p.m.

That's cool. I hope all the work is sanctioned by BC Parks and that ATN dude.

wheel reflectors are gay.

April 17, 2005, 5:30 p.m.

That's cool. I hope all the work is sanctioned by BC Parks and that ATN dude.

hug

yeah bro!!

April 17, 2005, 11:42 p.m.

hug

Thanx big L. I needed that. Come on out to the woodlot and ride snakes and ladders.

wheel reflectors are gay.

April 18, 2005, 1:44 p.m.

Thanx big L. I needed that. Come on out to the woodlot and ride snakes and ladders.

once i find/afford a bike, i will take you up on that offer.

r.i.p

yeah bro!!

April 18, 2005, 2:08 p.m.

Greenspringer has a beautiful burgandy one for sale. It really is lovely.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West