Burke Thread 2: The Mountain Of Lost Shovels

July 8, 2003, 6:27 p.m.

I may be all those things, but I am pretty busy.

Sunday works for me, but first I have to go up to TC to check it out. I'm riding quite a bit these days, I should be able to make it up. Right now is Hell Week in the pool, the hardest week of the year, riding up today was harder than normal.

As you have noticed I'm trying to keep quiet because I'm ashamed I haven't been doing much on Burke other than riding, I put pretty much all of my effort into Seymour, we have to go on the 27th and work on the Fromme Baden Powell sections to suck up to DNV, then we get permission to go up to the real trails.

July 8, 2003, 7:01 p.m.

if there was a trailday would you bring your bike or not because i cant ride for like another month :mad:

July 8, 2003, 7:07 p.m.

There's no tools up there, gotta walk.

July 8, 2003, 7:09 p.m.

this should be on a sunny day unlike last time on fly nobody showed up cause of the rain and i think it would be easier to walk up the trail less walking :D

July 8, 2003, 7:17 p.m.

The weather gets better Thursday, then coulds over Saturday, no prediction for Sunday yet.

Friday works too for me, that would be nice, high of 26 degrees, perfect weather. Today me and Paul were lucky that the rain didnt start until we were at the gate riding down, and then it stopped….

As for walking up, the trouble spots are near the top so it's a tough call.

July 8, 2003, 8:45 p.m.

so any set day yet or is it still in the works?…… how many people would come i can bring me and 8 people if they wanna go up but i dont no if they will… how many people would go.. how many people can u bring :???:

CHUUCH

July 8, 2003, 8:48 p.m.

Oh yea and what kind of tools do we need… i have a few shovels/hoe/buckets/ in a trail i started but never got anywhere i could bring up and stash them their…..I think friday would be good its supposed to be scorching hot :D

CHUUCH

July 8, 2003, 8:55 p.m.

Shovels and buckets work good, a maddock is awesome, but nobody I know has one. I am currently toolless, I'll prolly go get a shovel or 2.

More wood cutting and splitting stuff is needed if we are doing that stuff, but most of that isnt needed just yet. Triple already has enough bridges.

A date hasn't been set, but Friday looks like it. I could get at least another guy up, I'm not sure about Team Poland, Paul hopefully can, I think Dion's working.

July 8, 2003, 8:57 p.m.

What about the burke phantoms?? arnt they good with wood and ladders and such sort since they made abyss that a amazing trail:)

CHUUCH

July 8, 2003, 9 p.m.

They are good with structures, but they build while you are sleeping. or I am swimming. Nice and early…. you feel like getting up?

July 8, 2003, 9:03 p.m.

Originally posted by ATN
They are good with structures, but they build while you are sleeping. or I am swimming. Nice and early…. you feel like getting up?

What time?

I talked to a few of my friends and they said they would go.. my brother would go but he is sorta usless with a broken coller bone but ohwell… he can get a few of his friends… and we could make a thread of a trail day up on burke hopefully people would show so i think we would have enough people…. what would we work on. Like structures/fixing rungs or rockwork/tranny fixing…. or both :???:

CHUUCH

July 8, 2003, 9:08 p.m.

I think rockwork, I'd have to go for a ride to say…

July 8, 2003, 9:10 p.m.

Just talked to a friend and he said he had around 40 boards of cedar and like 100 rungs already cut up… so if we need wood we got a supplier and he might beable to get a chainsaw!!

CHUUCH

July 8, 2003, 9:12 p.m.

Even better my friends dad works in a LUMBER ward where he can get FREE LUMBER which is CEDAR and he can cut them all up in the perfect size needed!!! so we could build some nice ladders

CHUUCH

July 8, 2003, 9:16 p.m.

Havng the connection rocks but I don't think any ladders are needed…. the phantoms have done a great job.

Plus we don't have a way of getting it up there.