Burke Thread 2: The Mountain Of Lost Shovels

June 29, 2003, 9:01 p.m.

There was a new a-frame that I didn't see last ride, other than that, maybe some rocks, I havent ridden Burke in 1.5 mths so I don't remember, could be all just nature eroding.

July 6, 2003, 5:53 p.m.

hey guys. i finally got to check out the abyss. while riding upper reds we discovered that the rock drop needs some work on the roll out and one of the ladders on upper galloway needs some work

Also please keep your eyes open for a black mechanics (Brand) glove (Left hand). it was lost between the gate at the top of harper and the dropin to upper Reds.

any help finding my glove will be much apreciated.

Thanks

Tim Gadd

:coo: biking for the Lord. :coo:

July 6, 2003, 10:50 p.m.

what rock drop do u mean? the frist one where everyone hits the trees? or the one with the roll out thing to the right?

July 7, 2003, 1:22 p.m.

the one with the roll out to the right. a bunch of the logs are loose and one broke when i came down the roll out. we patched it up a bit but it still needs work.

:coo: biking for the Lord. :coo:

July 7, 2003, 4:07 p.m.

It's amazing how good the other trails up Burke are because everyone rides TC… moths to a porchlight I say!

There are some awesome trails up there that no one seems to ride anymore, on CBC yesterday one section was blocked off during construction, people accidentaly made a path around it that was more defined than some finished and known-about Burke trails, in 4 hours.

Flywheel is missing a couple rungs, especially on the corner after the mud bridge, where you ride on the right side, turn on the ladder, then go to the left side where it's a 90 degree corner back onto the right side. Right on the corner there's a pretty wide space.

July 7, 2003, 4:25 p.m.

we need to get some kind of trail day on upper tc….that first rock droptranny is horrible now..it needs a proper tranny…manny broken things..the part that burke phantoms rerouted that goes down to the creek bridge..if we could rock that in it would its would help alot with the erosion

www.hootsgear.com
www.243racing.com

July 7, 2003, 6:47 p.m.

Originally posted by twofortythree
we need to get some kind of trail day on upper tc….that first rock droptranny is horrible now..it needs a proper tranny…manny broken things..the part that burke phantoms rerouted that goes down to the creek bridge..if we could rock that in it would its would help alot with the erosion

I've tried to set all that up, but in the end I can't even get myself up there. I was going to ride TC thursday, but we decided to stray away from the porch light. While riding that day we found a section that needs some work just showing where the trail is, stumped up for 10mins, in the end we chose the right way.

Sometimes the best build days happen when you don't plan them.

July 7, 2003, 7:08 p.m.

Originally posted by twofortythree

I'd be down for a trail day on TC….. i could get around 7 people to go if they arnt to lazy to walk their ass up their… anyone wanna set up a trail day on TC or somewere on burke?

CHUUCH

July 8, 2003, 3:48 p.m.

yah that sounds awsome..if u ride it before stack some rocks on that hill before that creek

www.hootsgear.com
www.243racing.com

July 8, 2003, 4:39 p.m.

Haha, where are these ilusive tranny's you speak of? I think I've seen one tranny on tc. :P

Anyway, I'd probably be down for some work. Maybe.

July 8, 2003, 4:57 p.m.

On today's ride me and Paul saw the city installing a gate on Confier, right at Harper. The posts are in, the gate is not.

There is a gate up there already (2 min bike ride) but there is a car burning spot before that, that's why I guess.

July 8, 2003, 5:10 p.m.

Originally posted by phlegm
**Haha, where are these ilusive tranny's you speak of? I think I've seen one tranny on tc. :P

Anyway, I'd probably be down for some work. Maybe. **

the first rock drop on upper ryans….the rocks r starting to show through

www.hootsgear.com
www.243racing.com

July 8, 2003, 5:20 p.m.

The first rock drop.. I can't remember. That's like a 3 or 4 foot drop right? I remember a rock drop to flat. You could call it a tranny if your perception of reality was skewed.

July 8, 2003, 6 p.m.

Originally posted by phlegm
The first rock drop.. I can't remember. That's like a 3 or 4 foot drop right? I remember a rock drop to flat. You could call it a tranny if your perception of reality was skewed.

I heard 5-6 but it's not like I actually do it…. I havent been on TC in ages, I'm trying to find different fun trails to ride.

If rocks are showing through, it means rocks are there (good sign)

July 8, 2003, 6:04 p.m.

so who wants to organise a trail day… Atn you are the smartest and no alot about burke so how about you…?

CHUUCH