Bobsled Closed for Repairs

July 29, 2010, 9:17 a.m.

Ya I got to try half nelson for the first time on Monday. So excited for this on Fromme :)

July 29, 2010, 2:36 p.m.

Hi all. A few of us stopped in yesterday on our way up Fromme to check out the progress the DNV is making so far on Bobsled.

We've just posted a number of photos on the NSMBA site:

http://nsmba.ca/content/2010-07_bobsled-progress-update-photos

But here's one to whet the appetite…

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.

July 29, 2010, 2:51 p.m.

we just need some rain to whet the dirt. It's mindboggling to see this happening on Fromme.

I hope next years project takes the trail up to the fourth switchback or higher!

July 29, 2010, 4:31 p.m.

Whilst I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, I thought this was supposed to be a beginner/intermediate trail? This looks so much fun that the A-Line Pyjama party is going to relocate to Fromme!

I guess the beginners better get used to being barged off the trail a la A-Line… ;-)

July 29, 2010, 6:08 p.m.

Awesome! Agreed with Heckler, extend this sucker. Pumped to ride it when she's done. Great work guys!

July 29, 2010, 9:24 p.m.

Love the concept and execution, just not sure how much maintenance it's going to take to keep in decent shape?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Aug. 1, 2010, 11:52 a.m.

I hiked it this am.
A very ambitious undertaking and I do like the line chosen.
But it begs the question, if the DNV has now decided that this is an acceptable degree of landscaping on the trails, what was the real reason they tore down Groovula? I don't think they can use the "..it's too dangerous for a trail that low down on the mountain.." argument anymore.
Plus, what's next? Without other trails like it in the area, there is going to be a lot of people lining up to finish their day with a rip down Bobsled.
I can't see them putting all this money into one trail and then going back to pick and shovel work for the rest of their work.

Team Crafty

Aug. 1, 2010, 10:56 p.m.

Rain will be needed before it gets opened.

Went for a walk down it on the way up tonight. We are getting our own version of Half Nelson. People are going to be stoked.

Quoted while holding my breath.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Aug. 6, 2010, 1:05 a.m.

Wade [HTML_REMOVED] Adam hang it out on the new Bobsled!

Trailwork is coming along with tremendous progress! The DNV crew is doing an exceptional job, with nearly a full km of beautiful golden trail, smooth [HTML_REMOVED] flowy with delicious berms that wind through spectacular rainforest. Just the recipe to get new people into the sport…

http://nsmba.ca/content/2010-08_fromme-update-bobsled-progress

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.

Aug. 6, 2010, 9:36 a.m.

Bloody hell Wade no skidding up the trail. You've clearly got both brakes locked up and drifting the back wheel.

Aug. 6, 2010, 9:38 a.m.

Bloody hell Wade no skidding up the trail. You've clearly got both brakes locked up and drifting the back wheel.

:lol: good to see the progress continuing.