Any plans for trail days on Pangor for 2015?

Dec. 16, 2014, 4:48 p.m.

Rode Pangor this am for the first time in a long time it was actually really fun , the bottom is a bit clapped after the climb bit in the middle . It would be cool if this trail got some love not buffed but just fixed. maybe replace the worn sketchy skinnies with new wider wood and work on some of the rock work ect ?

Dec. 16, 2014, 9:50 p.m.

I'd love to hear some more ideas on what work it needs. I don't ride it much anymore.

The bottom bit after the climb has always been a riverbed that keeps getting deeper and more eroded. I've wanted to keep the rock faces but reroute the straightline chunder parts to a flow style trail. Thoughts? Bring it on… What should they do?

Dec. 17, 2014, 10:11 a.m.

Still one of my favorite trails. There has been some work done on it the last few years. I'd say to just fix up some of the old woodwork on the upper section. For the first time ever I managed to do the rock face this year. The tricky part is just getting onto it and not being thrown by the step on the first wood section.

That lower section you are talking about took me a while to be able to do it in one go. It's definitely harder than the rest of the trail. The first time I rode it I thought I had inadvertently ended up on Boogie Man. Not too sure what can be done about it though. Would be nice to leave it (maybe patch it up here and there). It is a black diamond trail…

Dec. 17, 2014, 12:58 p.m.

ohh ya I'm not saying make it easier at all just fix up the rock armoured part on the bottom section. Lots of the rocks have come loose and rolled away type of thing and some of the really clapped out old skinnies could be re done with new wood bridges. it would be sweet to have a newer " old school " type of trail to ride not just another flow trail IE severed D/Asian Adonus/Expresso - which are great trails but its nice to have a little variety .

Dec. 18, 2014, 11:54 a.m.

ohh ya I'm not saying make it easier at all just fix up the rock armoured part on the bottom section. Lots of the rocks have come loose and rolled away type of thing and some of the really clapped out old skinnies could be re done with new wood bridges. it would be sweet to have a newer " old school " type of trail to ride not just another flow trail IE severed D/Asian Adonus/Expresso - which are great trails but its nice to have a little variety .

Agreed 100%. Next Pangor trail day I'll be there to help.

Dec. 18, 2014, 1:48 p.m.

Contact [email protected] , they'll be able to tell you who has the permit for this trail for 2015.