another pump track

March 12, 2013, 3:18 p.m.

I take other routes to avoid toll bridge i was traveling east on 64 and just near 169 i seen some big berms on the right side of road have not pulled over to check it out but that's 3 sweet spots in surrey to get your pump on .pm me for other locations in Guilford and bridge veiw just before birdland 148th .

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

March 12, 2013, 3:30 p.m.

Can someone translate?

Pastor of Muppets

March 12, 2013, 5:06 p.m.

Can someone translate?

there is another pump track somewhere

March 12, 2013, 8:05 p.m.

It doesnt even help after you've had six beers, no idea. He saw something.

diggin

March 13, 2013, 8:46 a.m.

Can someone translate?

Let me take a stab at a translation:

_Good evening kind sirs!
One day, I was taking an alternate route to avoid paying the new toll on the Port Mann bridge. During this trip I happened to notice that the Coverdale Athletic Park has a bmx/bike park!

For more information and exact location, click here:
http://www.surrey.ca/culture-recreation/2177.aspx

I have not yet explored further, but I am excited, because now I know of three places to enjoy yourself on a bicycle in Surrey!

Send me (him) a personal message to learn about additional locations, like Invergarry bike park (near 148 Ave)! He will give detailed and accurate (no doubt) descriptions to the surrey bike parks can also be found here:
http://www.sorcebikeclub.org/index.php/bike-parks_

:)

March 13, 2013, 9:17 a.m.

I take other routes to avoid toll bridge i was traveling east on 64 and just near 169 i seen some big berms on the right side of road have not pulled over to check it out but that's 3 sweet spots in surrey to get your pump on .pm me for other locations in Guilford and bridge veiw just before birdland 148th .

Are you talking about the Cloverdale Athletic park?

It's at 6410 168 St and has some cool riding. We used to go there often when I lived in white rock.

The pump track is behind the little park in the pic, but it's in shambles as they haven't maintained it in a while. All in all it's a fun place, plus they have a concrete wave that rides really well.

Imho, it's a worthy place to blow a couple hours after work on a sunny evening.

Birdland has Invergarry which is really cool. That place used to be sketchy as fuck, until the SORCE put time into it. It's a fun ride!

March 14, 2013, 10:24 a.m.

Thanks to the hard work of my Off The Edge co-workers Gary J,Scotty B, and the 2012/13 Capilano University Mountain Bike Operations students Sechelt has a brand new pump track. The District of Sechelt donated the land, Salish Soils donated the dirt,Sechelt Indian Band donated the trucking and Hemstreet contracting donated the machines and talented operators to make a new killer spot to shred. Many locals showed up to lend a shovel and put on the finishing touches on the track.

Can't wait for my busted ribs to heal so i can get out there and scralp some berms. Uber proud of yet another amazing bike community project here on the SSC.

BREAKIN HEARTS AND BREAKIN PARTS SINCE 76'

March 14, 2013, 12:28 p.m.

The one at 156 and 105 next to freeway ive dug for 30 hrs trying to buff it.
Its a real lung burner lots of real estate located around a sub division of new and old housing so it may not last ,try to check it out.Lots of up tight residents do not want you to park or dig/ride there.
Built by Sorce its called 604 pumptrack.
Bmx rolls best through the massive rollers,but a nice little hard tail with 80 mm suspension charges. My best time around is 24 seconds I have installed drainage pipes and trying to fix the west side chicane.When it drys out a bit this should run hot.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

March 14, 2013, 3:04 p.m.

that sounds like a cool setup wheeldrop.
Pump Track days "2013" are almost here.

:coo:

March 18, 2013, 4:19 p.m.

You win ! lol

Let me take a stab at a translation:

_Good evening kind sirs!
One day, I was taking an alternate route to avoid paying the new toll on the Port Mann bridge. During this trip I happened to notice that the Coverdale Athletic Park has a bmx/bike park!

For more information and exact location, click here:
http://www.surrey.ca/culture-recreation/2177.aspx

I have not yet explored further, but I am excited, because now I know of three places to enjoy yourself on a bicycle in Surrey!

Send me (him) a personal message to learn about additional locations, like Invergarry bike park (near 148 Ave)! He will give detailed and accurate (no doubt) descriptions to the surrey bike parks can also be found here:
http://www.sorcebikeclub.org/index.php/bike-parks_

:)

April 10, 2013, 7:16 a.m.

Technically 604 is not affiliated with SORCE it was built by myself and my friend Derek under the banner of dirt west. The track would run perfect if the shicane on the west side (put there by others) was reverted back to just being a roller it was much faster that way.

The exciting news is that alpine bike parks is going to be doing a bunch of work at invergarry bike park this spring.

As for clover dale I am currently trying to get the guys from earth ramps to tune that one up. The city of surrey is also kindly providing me a day with a machine at port kells as well.

Needless to say its going to be a deadly year to jam out on a hard tail in surrey.

Cheers,

Jordan Proctor
President SORCE

April 13, 2013, 11 a.m.

Technically 604 is not affiliated with SORCE it was built by myself and my friend Derek under the banner of dirt west. The track would run perfect if the shicane on the west side (put there by others) was reverted back to just being a roller it was much faster that way.

The exciting news is that alpine bike parks is going to be doing a bunch of work at invergarry bike park this spring.

As for clover dale I am currently trying to get the guys from earth ramps to tune that one up. The city of surrey is also kindly providing me a day with a machine at port kells as well.

Needless to say its going to be a deadly year to jam out on a hard tail in surrey.

Cheers,

Jordan Proctor
President SORCE

Sounds like some amazing stuff happening out there, Jordan. I'll need to come down soon and check all these spots out. Stoked for you man, keep up the good work!

Steve

July 26, 2013, 10:30 a.m.

Such a great pump track!
I spent a couple hours there yesterday with a buddy. Me on my Sanchez, and him riding his BMX. The pt is buff, and so fast. We swept some marbles off the burms and had a blast. The last time I was out there, it was far from completion but it looks like all the effort paid off.

Well done!

July 29, 2013, 8:41 p.m.

@hypa which track did you go to ? 604 beside the automall or the one at invergarry bike park ? we just did a bunch of work at the invergarry one and it's running like a top. we will be fixing 604 this fall when the rains return. Thanks for checking out our tracks it's always nice to hear some positive feedback !

July 30, 2013, 10:50 a.m.

@hypa which track did you go to ? 604 beside the automall or the one at invergarry bike park ? we just did a bunch of work at the invergarry one and it's running like a top. we will be fixing 604 this fall when the rains return. Thanks for checking out our tracks it's always nice to hear some positive feedback !

I've been to 604 a few times this year with my kid and our bmx's. Super fun, and we always had the place to ourselves. Good times and thanks to the builders!!