Addition to Stix n stones

Nov. 24, 2010, 11:52 a.m.

Yep. Might have to do a ride tonight. Before snow then rain makes it you-guh-lee.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Nov. 24, 2010, 1:50 p.m.

its awesome right now! get on it before it rains!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 24, 2010, 7:23 p.m.

cool vid. cool looking trail. gonna have to add that one to the hit list.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Nov. 25, 2010, 9:15 a.m.

Rode it again last night, I gotta say having the ground frozen makes for awesome conditions! kudos to the builder :)

Was also good to see a couple other small groups braving the cold for a lap or two!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Dec. 2, 2010, 11:56 a.m.

Finally got back out on the bike last night for a Bridle Path ride… Loved this new section of Stix n Stones!

I only rode the 'orignal' Stix n Stones once, way back when it first opened. And wow, it has sure packed down and is much nicer to ride now! It drains really well, can't recall seeing any of the big puddles we saw on sections of Bridle.

We did the 'new section' in both directions and I thought it rides really way both ways. Sure there are some tough climbs (and I by no means cleaned all of them) but it's something to work towards.

Really fun trail. Great work Matt!

"I'm not an ambi-turner. I can't turn left."

Dec. 2, 2010, 9:02 p.m.

There are bears in the neighborhood fairly regularly. I think it was last year that there were reports of a cougar that had come down into lower Seymour area, but that's not the norm.

I'd be more concerned about getting skunked.

It's smelled pretty skunky this week!

Stix [HTML_REMOVED] Stones #1, ride east to Cardiac bypass, down S [HTML_REMOVED] S #2 = killer winter training loop!

Dec. 6, 2010, 9:26 p.m.

Hey all,

The positivity in this thread has been really encouraging!!! It's really great to hear how much everyone is enjoying the trail and I'm happy to see so many people out riding it. The Shore is getting new life pumped into it and is getting back some of that allure that has made it a world destination for riding. The work by the DNV crew on Fromme has been unreal and with the new Trail Adoption plan being introduced things are looking up :) Thanks again for the positive vibes~

Dec. 8, 2010, 1:46 p.m.

I think its great Matt - thanks for all your hard work. Now I feel a little guilty accepting beers from you!

I struggled a bit on the 'old' section going clockwise but maybe next time I'll clean more of it. For sure the corner around the boulder will be the crux.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 8, 2010, 2:53 p.m.

Yep, the big boulder move going east is for sure the crux move. In the video that Dave made it looks so easy~ but he told me he had to try it quite a few times before he nailed it. Kudo's to him cleaning the up and around the boulder, followed by the steep climb!!

No worries about the beers Bryce, I'm happy to spread the x-mas cheers :)Can't wait to get out skiing once we get some new snow, hohoho!!!

Dec. 8, 2010, 10:19 p.m.

Great trail, Matt. A lot of people will be spending more time on this when the snowline drops.