A challenge join the fvmba!

Nov. 11, 2011, 11:18 a.m.

Well our toonie series went off with a bang and though lots of work ,it did what was intended ,added paid membership of FVMBA. Matt did the lions share and his uberorganizing skills were severly tested .
Now with winter and our AGM coming on Nov 20 coming up we are again putting on more events for our members and the mtnbiking community at large.
FVMBA 4X Mtbike 6 race INDOOR Series starting on Nov 22nd.
Young and old riders,some who just want to practice will be out in force and the stands of supporters cheering or laughing. Lots of riders growing up some so fast it's just crazy.
I will always remember Anthony Messerie as one of my favorites.
For years his dad bigTony brought him out to every indoor race ,as he always ripped it up.
Even as a little boy Anthony was so competetive, he has always been small but don't let that fool you ,below beats the heart of a lion.
G
FVMBA moving forward, look to another toonie series for 2012 thanks again to Matt and the entire executive.
Got ideas? or concerns Nov 20 AGM

FVMBA Website

Nov. 11, 2011, 5:52 p.m.

Awesome job Gary and the FVMBA crew!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Feb. 8, 2012, 10:18 a.m.

It was nice to reread this posting and Thanks Sparkplug for the nod there.
This thread remains relevant today as yesterday.
The FVMBA has just posted the 5 race springfling all mtn series ,starting feb 26th .
Feb 14th ends the FVMBA 6 race 4X indoor winter series.
If all goes well by summer Abbotsford should get it's first legal dirt jump park,with FVMBA entering into a maintenance agreement for the site.
Sumas while the lower EmmaPeel is just finishing getting logged,a new lower parking area with toilet and kiosk is being put in.
Matching the new upper parking area by the TimeKiller .
(Serious $$ are being poured in,due to Sumas's legal trail status)
The XC loop on Sumas has been revamped into just a gem,1hr up 1 and a half down on singletrack.
A new to be completed twin being made as we speak ready for this summer,rideable both ways.
The FVMBA has spent a lot of money on trail supplies for you the riders.
Our entire executive is working like a well oiled machine,passion. (Sprokids program coming)
Vedder is getting it's trails upgraded as we speak,Mission trails /Woodlot are all getting worked on .
So to you the riders, are you supporting us.
Signup,renew, give us your input ,traildays .
We are here for you ,but you also must be here for us.
Travel this great land and you will see we live in paradise when it comes to riding.
Passion.
Gary
to make the valley trails better,politically,enviromentally

FVMBA Website

Nov. 23, 2012, 10:35 a.m.

Well last month's TAP meeting for our local builders by MarkWood was well attended.
This week it's IMBA trail crew day. Starting at 9-12 details on our fvmba.com site.
We are also two races in our FVMBA 7 race 4X series . Race numbers are down? Maybe it's just been
bad timing so far. I am hoping we continue with our membership growing,and with races year round ,indoor no less. That riders and users buy into the club.
Mission Springs has entered into a great for both of us agreement . They give us cash,we bring members mtn bikers into their fine establishment. So riders in Mission after a ride drop in to the Springs and buy a "Trail Blazer Pilsner" fvmba get 25 cents to the club for each beer.
Me and my friends have been dropping in steady (to support the cause,really )
Beer ,bikes,you know the rest.
Our spring series is being looked at hard,look for a few changes as we try to be responsible and do what's best for our trails and builders. I don't think it will stop,but dates of real early spring put on later. The series has made our numbers grow and numbers mean more cash at our disposal for our builders and capital purchases of trail equipment.
As the club quartermaster i have been handing out tools and equipment to every area.
Purchases of spikes in the $1600 range and stihl weedeater/myriads of attachments etc. Chains for chainsaws ,oil . You name it lately I've bought it. Our liability insurance for the volunteers /legalized trails of Sumas and signage coming soon for Mission. Need something? our builders rep in each of the areas ,contact them and I will see what we can do. You of course must be a member.
At the end of the day I hope we all see the power of banding together ,to get what we want,better legalized trails and representation at the table of the powers that be.
Our AGM was a thing of beauty ,in representation. MOf/bcit woodlot/sumas woodlot owner/1st nations sumas/ Moforestry/District of Mission.
And a keg of free beer and appies courtesy of Mission Springs.
check out our facebook page fvmba/fraser valley mountain bikers association.
Gary

FVMBA Website

Jan. 2, 2013, 12:02 p.m.

Happy New Year to you all.
With this new year ,it's a great time to signup or renew your membership,if it isn't current.
Those of us who aren't skiers, with the snow and cold, a lot of trailwork has been going on.
Check out our facebook page ,now easily accessible off our front page.
19 days till indoor opens.
smile, it's good for you.
g

FVMBA Website

Feb. 16, 2013, 2:54 a.m.

Signed up! lookin forward to the Trail class thinger on Wed.

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Feb. 18, 2013, 1:53 p.m.

Subplop,wed???
While I know we have some course's coming up and our 4x finals this tues at 8pm
Wed course? you got me?
g

FVMBA Website

Aug. 6, 2016, 10:20 a.m.

Where's our voice in relation to the proposed strip mine? Let's raise our voices!

http://www.abbynews.com/news/389227901.html?mobile=true

d

www.fvmba.com

Aug. 6, 2016, 11:24 a.m.

I made a quick overlay showing what trails this quarry would affect:

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov