5th Horseman - IMPORTANT

April 27, 2019, 6:03 p.m.

It appears that the District of West Van has put sign at the top of 5th Horseman (below) saying that an unauthorized trail is being decommissioned, with orders of Do Not Proceed.

I have contacted the District for more information but my contact was seemingly unaware. The District is supposed to be consulting with the community before things like this pop up - Im not sure why we are finding out about this in this shocking manner, if indeed the sign is meant for 5th and meant to be at that location.

DWV might be attempting to decommission 5th or there may be another trail that runs off of it that it wants to decommission, I don't know, but either way....

Watch this thread for info if you are interested.

Last edited by: Ddean on April 27, 2019, 8:45 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 27, 2019, 10:54 p.m.

That sign, or at least one exactly like it, has been posted for well over a year on a trail that ends near the start of 5th. I recall spotting the sign some time back. It was sitting a few hundred feet below the sharp left once into the entrance to 5th. Don't know the specifics but it appeared the sign was directed at that other trail and not 5th.

April 27, 2019, 11:58 p.m.

That’s my hope - that it’s that sign that has been inappropriately moved. 

Stay tuned

April 29, 2019, 2:41 p.m.

Update: while the sign is from DWV, it is not meant to be at location. 

DWV is removing it ASAP. 

Phew, great news.