5th

May 22, 2013, 3:03 p.m.

gave 5th a little love last weekend. Needs more but its a start.

before

After

needs more dirt but is a start and it rides beauty. And yes cut a drainage hole in the slab at the bottom of the tranny

May 22, 2013, 8:04 p.m.

you was probaly the same one who put work on Sex girl? :beer:

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 22, 2013, 9:45 p.m.

Nice work! Glad to see that someone cares enough about those moves to throw some dirt on them.

The sad reality is that the guys who built that stuff have moved on to other things, or life has got in the way. I doubt you will see any of them around, whether it is riding or building …

May 22, 2013, 10:26 p.m.

Nice work! Glad to see that someone cares enough about those moves to throw some dirt on them.

The sad reality is that the guys who built that stuff have moved on to other things, or life has got in the way. I doubt you will see any of them around, whether it is riding or building …

and really - thats fine. Why is it a sad reality? They put in the time, they had the foresight to build it, and probably 1000s of rides have gone down it with smiles all the way - and this is a bad thing? Where does it say that you must have a life commitment to something you build in the woods for the pleasure of others? I really think this mentallity towards trails has to change or everything will become an exact duplicate of one group/persons vision of how trails should be built and maintained. We are a community. Someone else has picked up the 5th gauntlet and is running with it. Good for them - but for you put the original builders in a negative light (thats how i see it anyway- feel free to correct me if im wrong) i feel is inappropriate.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

May 22, 2013, 10:56 p.m.

dubprof, appreciate the response and you are correct, i should have worded my reply differently. it is not a "sad" reality.

most trails are built and worked on by different people over the years. pretty sure it is fairly rare that someone builds a trail and maintains it for decades on end.

May 23, 2013, 6:12 a.m.

gave 5th a little love last weekend. Needs more but its a start.

Excellent work Deadend! way to take the initiative.

I remember helping Dave and Trevor on that section years ago. With so much beautiful cedar and gold around that section it could be rebuilt over and over again for decades to come.

May 23, 2013, 8:23 a.m.

Thanks guys, I look after my own stuff and just try to maintain the quality when stepping into other areas. This trail is def a keeper( as is the girl)so look forward to tightening up a couple other areas as well. I wont change any lines, haha but ya with all the cedar laying around I have dreams of sky bridges, wall rides and table tops!! Already dealing with some stunt removal in other areas so will refrain;)

May 23, 2013, 9:31 a.m.

Thanks for maintaining the quality. Love that little hip and now eager to get back to it.

May 23, 2013, 10:36 a.m.

Dave is still building trails just not on cypress and not for mountain bikes.

good to see that stuff buffed up. I drank alot of beer there whilst being a rock bitch. funny thing was the whole rework began with intent of just fixing one little washout.

May 23, 2013, 1:41 p.m.

nice job deadend, always good to see trail maintenance, even on moves that school me

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 24, 2013, 2:57 a.m.

If you ever feel moved to do it, it's so worth it bud. the feeling of popping on it then dropping off right after is verry sweet

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 24, 2013, 6:59 a.m.

when it was first built the guy who first hit it didnt bank the turn and aired it right off the side into the bushes. it was pretty funny at the time.

May 24, 2013, 7:38 a.m.

^^^ I have almost pulled the same move rollin in with to much speed, haha, its a good pucker when you leave the deck not sure if your gonna be able to keep er inside the line!

May 25, 2013, 9:41 p.m.

I miss Cypress for sure.

Would love to taste 5th again.

Any of the old SH in for a night ride? Remember the BBQ we used to have :)

May 27, 2013, 7:49 a.m.

while we're on the subject of Cypress trails and past builders … the guys who built the stuff on 5th also built the Upper / Lower Tallcans lines. so these trails no longer have active maintainers also. although i hear that Lower Tallcans is rarely ridden?