Washington State 2014

Jan. 26, 2014, 12:29 a.m.

Figure a few of us go down and ride in the USA.

Galbraith was better than summer conditions today. Tacky goodness around every corner and lots of speed to make the jumps smoothly on unemployment. Lots of fresh work done. I've been up a few times over the years and haven't found anything I didn't like.

For those not in the know, the lower mainland rain belt often stops before Bellingham and Galbraith drains very well. Buy a WMBC map to support the area and enjoy some of the funnest riding around.

If you like a post ride brew, Elizabeth Station downtown bellingham is top notch. Hundreds of beers from around the world sold in singles, plus their own stuff on tap. There's also a wine "cellar" as well.

Jan. 26, 2014, 8:06 a.m.

See you there late today!

Jan. 26, 2014, 8:07 a.m.

Rode there for the first time on Friday, so much fun.

Jan. 26, 2014, 8:58 a.m.

is Lake Padden still popular too ride at ?? used too ride there a fair amount back in the 90,s

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 26, 2014, 7:12 p.m.

Perfect cnditios at Galby today.Sooo good.

Sustainable will be around forever.

Jan. 27, 2014, 8:53 a.m.

I see the name cascadia as location on some seriously awesome looking trails over at pinkbike. What mountains would that be? I'd love to go ride there at some point.

Jan. 28, 2014, 1 p.m.

Cascadia = BC, OR, WA

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 12, 2014, 10 p.m.

Where's the best place to park off of Cleator Road, going to explore the Chuckanut Sunday.

Shed head!

Nov. 13, 2014, 8:08 a.m.

Where's the best place to park off of Cleator Road, going to explore the Chuckanut Sunday.

If you want somewhere near Cleator, I’ve parked at Larabee State Park before and climbed Fragrance Lake Rd to start the loop. I think it’s more common to start at Arroyo Park (North Chuckanut Mountain Trailhead) and ride the Interurban out to Cleator. After you’ve had enough, just ride the Lower Ridge or Lost Lake back to Arroyo. I usually just ride from my favorite watering hole in town, as it’s not that much further. The Interurban is a nice way to warm up the legs in cold weather;-)

Nov. 13, 2014, 9:08 a.m.

If I'm not looping from the house, I park at North Cknut Trailhead. It's a pleasant spin on the interurban to Cleator or the Fragrance Lake Service Rd (both are good options for the up). As mentioned above finish up with lower ridge [HTML_REMOVED] Hush Hush [HTML_REMOVED] Arroyo and a little Interurban back to the rig.

Nov. 13, 2014, 6:45 p.m.

If I'm not looping from the house, I park at North Cknut Trailhead. It's a pleasant spin on the interurban to Cleator or the Fragrance Lake Service Rd (both are good options for the up). As mentioned above finish up with lower ridge [HTML_REMOVED] Hush Hush [HTML_REMOVED] Arroyo and a little Interurban back to the rig.

Cool thanks for the heads up. Planning to ride Double Black, Two Dollar and climb back up to the Ridge trail all the way back as you suggested. Never been but are the trails well marked?

Shed head!

Nov. 14, 2014, 7:54 a.m.

That is a good route. The trails aren't extremely well marked, but they are pretty well worn. If you have a map and don't mind peeking at the phone a few times, you'll be fine.

Nov. 14, 2014, 8:52 a.m.

Once you get off doubleblack and hang a right, there is some signage to Fragrance Lake. Other than that, I don’t think there’s much. As mentioned above, you really don’t need it. Here is a map and route description from the Enduro of Subdued Excitement that will provide some help.

Nov. 16, 2014, 9:55 p.m.

Chuckanut conditions were mint. Dirt was prime and trails were running fast.

Shed head!