Vedder Washout

Jan. 20, 2009, 12:40 p.m.

Here's a pic of the road totally washed out above the dirtbike parking and below Dilemma. Can anyone confirm this? Any idea when it'll be fixed?

Jan. 20, 2009, 1:12 p.m.

Cant confirm it, but i think vedder road is a decomishioned road. Unless some company has a reason to go up there, they may not fix it. Logging companies usually maintain these roads unless there is contract to harvest they may not bother. With no income to save and all the other flooding in that area it may get low priority to get repaired, and some one to put up the money. I know it took a long time to fix the sumas wash out when it was left to GVRD and no loggers had an intrest.

WTF, Over?

Jan. 20, 2009, 1:24 p.m.

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

Jan. 20, 2009, 1:27 p.m.

you better pray Synchro doesn't read this thread

Jan. 20, 2009, 1:37 p.m.

THat there is damn near sig ready.

Jan. 20, 2009, 6:52 p.m.

If we build a little kicker we can jump it in our trucks like evil kenivil

Jan. 20, 2009, 7:01 p.m.

Look on the bright side, for all u guys that hike vedder there will be less shuttlers up there and therefor trails will be in better shape:)

Jan. 20, 2009, 7:15 p.m.

I wish some of our shuttle roads would wash out too…

~Mattsquatch

Jan. 20, 2009, 8:29 p.m.

We will all have to join Ballom and rde up

Jan. 20, 2009, 10:09 p.m.

Be reasonable! lol

Jan. 20, 2009, 10:12 p.m.

Cant confirm it, but i think vedder road is a decomishioned road. Unless some company has a reason to go up there, they may not fix it. Logging companies usually maintain these roads unless there is contract to harvest they may not bother.

They have some logging planned for 2009 so likely the road will be back in place.

Jan. 20, 2009, 10:15 p.m.

Know anyone with a descent sized saw mill …. Mill up some big fir beams,joists,deck boards and build a bridge over that sucker.
I'm serious

In Session

Jan. 20, 2009, 10:30 p.m.

Be reasonable! lol

no kidding. i wonder how long it would take to get to the den (this is before the usual hike up). 2.5 hrs?

Jan. 21, 2009, 11:47 a.m.

I was up riding on Saturday and was surprised to see the massive pit. This thing was a challenge just to climb through. But after negotiating it, the ride up was pretty doable. I managed to get up to Skidder and was able to ride about 80 percent the way up. There was a good deal of snow on the road after the entrance to Dilemma. Skidder/Hidden Pleasures was just simply awesome. One tree down after the log drop and everything else was very, very good. No washouts and almost no mud. Super fun. Dilemma has been mega-buffed by Todd and is in as good shape as at any time. I bow in homage to thee Todd.

I rode again this morning and to my surprise Emil Anderson had machines up past the first "Y" repairing the culvert and it appeared that they were heading up past the second "Y". It appears that they may be prepping to repair the mighty hole despite the decommisioned status of this roadway.

Regardless, the ride up was awesome and more that 50[HTML_REMOVED]#37; of the snow that was present on Saturday is now gone and I was able to ride about 95% the way up to Skidder. Rode down TurdFerg to Ditch Chicken. Turdferg is so ridiculously awesome and in summertime riding shape. Ditch Chicken has a biggish Maple down after the second bridge but the rest was superb. Gerald has been a busy beaver putting in a new line to replace the decrapitated Mango Mango and it looks pretty ambitious. Femur was the same as ever.

So, if you are willing to ride, hike, or however else, get up to the trails, you will be rewarded with stellar (though lonely) riding.

"Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away from him and have his shoes."

http://www.valleyvetservices.com
www.vmta.ca

Jan. 21, 2009, 12:38 p.m.

I rode again this morning and to my surprise Emil Anderson had machines up past the first "Y" repairing the culvert and it appeared that they were heading up past the second "Y". It appears that they may be prepping to repair the mighty hole despite the decommisioned status of this roadway.

wow, that was quick.
they told me they weren't going to get to it till next week.
I think I'll head up this afternoon and see if i can't convince them to dump a few extra loads of gravel on the rest of the road:)

A rat is just a squirrel with street cred