Vedder conditions 2013

March 7, 2013, 10:12 a.m.

Those who haven't rode Vedder lately will see next time a lot of work has been done to improve these trails.
Electric Lettuce's/to Mango/mango like the old elevated log ride redone.
It's been gone for years but it's back and fun.
The shaky bigtable jumpon/off has been redone as well with a ladder up/down or jumper,your call.
Other small jumps in line make for funstuff. Mango/mango exit ladder broke for a long time replaced and bomber. The long gone stumpjump is back and better with a big landing tranny ,while retaining it's choice on jump or roll.
The Den from what I heard is running good as well.
Riders who love Vedder and want to give back by being part,your chance is here.
Lately RefR a bigboy trail is being looked at for a redo.
PM me if you have some time like this weekend maybe. Reason maybe is if no one answers the call well it will
be another time.
There is some exciting talk and action starting on a full on DH shuttle trail ,
Permission is being asked and early planning taking place.
The Den has been redone,but forget it for now due to snow. I always used to like the fir log ride which had fallen on hard times but love was in the air and come spring you can feel it,by riding it.
Riders who would like to help out, contact Scott the Fish/ Steve U fvmba rep/ Ernie or PM me.
g
I would love to post some of the improvement pixs but I can't seem to get them right,Not a computer genius. Check out fvmba facebookpages for some nice pixs.

FVMBA Website

March 7, 2013, 5:45 p.m.

Awesome Gary!

What's FVMBA's address, I'd like to mail a small donation….. over and above a membership.
I dont have a lot of money, but I have even less precious time to offer a hand, so the very least I can do buck up for the cost of some shovels, or some beer for the builders.

March 7, 2013, 6:42 p.m.

PO Box 603
Abbotsford Station A
Abbotsford, BC
V2T 6Z8

March 10, 2013, 10:02 a.m.

Rode yesterday. My buddy and I were lucky to get shuttled 3 times by a group of strangers. Vedder has such a friendly vibe.

The trails are in great shape. 2-Cents, Terd Ferg, Dilemma are all good. Mongoloid, Mexican Ninja, Ditch Chicken, Electric Lettuce, and Femur are also running really well right now. No trace of snow anywhere.

We hiked up The Den part of the way. There was a lot of deadfall. We tried to clear what we could, but most of it requires a saw.

June 2, 2013, 6:25 p.m.

I lost my Garmin 60csx GPS on vedder today.

Did a lap upto refr after the race.. I must have put the GPS down at some point.

If you've found it and would like to give it to me, please let me know!

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Dec. 5, 2013, 9:57 p.m.

might be headed to chilliwack this weekend, hoping to check out the trails on vedder. how are conditions? any suggestions for am trails/loops?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Dec. 6, 2013, 11:41 a.m.

^ Conditions are probably nice given the lack of precip and low temps. Mid summer conditions.

Dec. 6, 2013, 12:34 p.m.

Check Lips and Landings before sending the gaps, lots of frost heave and ice here and there….at least on the set of jumps call the "Impossibles" that are on Mongoloyd. I nearly paid dearly on the the third gap……,the first 2 gaps were fine, but of course the third and biggest gap was icy.
Luckly I made it through.

Other than that it should be like summer, just frozen

Dec. 6, 2013, 9:17 p.m.

yeah, frozen summer is what i'm envisioning

what are the trails like - well signed? is there a map at the parking lot or available in bike shops?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Dec. 7, 2013, 6:01 p.m.

Purchase a map, or download a gutsploder…
Strava should also work for most of the Mtn, reception gets dodgy at the top

Trails are marked well, but a map will help u link them up