Tri-cities 2015

May 5, 2015, 11:57 a.m.

The internet has told me there is a cougar family (mother and cub)hanging out in the Bert Flynn area spotted at Mossom Creek and Eagle Ridge Elementary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68o94Fwpl_U

I guess the trails are wet today.

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

May 6, 2015, 10:30 p.m.

To who ever had been doing all that work to those lower trails. Thank you, they're awesome.

May 7, 2015, 11:11 a.m.

The internet has told me there is a cougar family (mother and cub)hanging out in the Bert Flynn area spotted at Mossom Creek and Eagle Ridge Elementary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68o94Fwpl_U

I guess the trails are wet today.

Is it time to be putting the "eyes" stickers on the back of the helmet?

Wrong. Always.

May 12, 2015, 12:48 p.m.

There have been a SHITLOAD of sightings in the past week.

Wrong. Always.

June 7, 2015, 6:59 p.m.

There was a bit of a gathering today just up the road from the gun club with a BMN hike afterwards.
There were a few dozen hikers and one guy with a bike, me.
There were short speeches by Mike Farnworth poco mla, the president of BMN, and the bc parks rep who is heading up the new park management plan.

When the group photos started I took a few steps back but the bc parks rep motioned me in for the photos. She asked what trail I was riding and if it was difficult.
You can guess what I asked her and her response was that MTBs ARE included in the new management plan they just need to determine where we will be able to ride. She mentioned something about first nations. Hopefully we can ride all the trails we have now in the park. Probably a little to soon to celebrate but our future on Burke looks good.

There is a new topo map available on Burke, Eagle and surrounding area with all the hiking and biking trails, from the publisher .

Sorry about the real crappy pics.

Chainsmoker 8)

June 7, 2015, 7:05 p.m.

Thanks for attending the event!

Yes, this positive info regarding mtb in the Park was shared at the TORCA AGM last November. We seem to be starting off with a good working relationship with BC Parks. Hopefully, the Draft Management Plan will be completed this fall.

June 7, 2015, 7:27 p.m.

I was unable to attend the agm due to out of town work. Wasn't the parks survey done shortly before the amg, and you knew already? I talked to several who did attend the agm and I have not heard that it was for sure. Well….consider me out of the loop.

Edit, actually the survey was concluded Nov 30 2014. How on earth did you know that it was for sure?
I am guilty of not reading torcas facebook too often and even may miss some of the torca newsletters.
Maybe it has been mentioned there as well, that FOR SURE mtbs will be included the management plan?

Chainsmoker 8)

June 7, 2015, 7:42 p.m.

Yes, the survey was still ongoing but TORCA had attended the Stakeholders' meeting earlier in the month. As far as I'm concerned nothing is for sure until a plan is finalized and in black and white. Discussions do seem favourable, though.

Glad to hear you are still hearing positive news!

June 7, 2015, 8 p.m.

When the bc parks rep who is heading the management plan asks me what trails Im riding and says its for sure that we will be in the plan, we will as far as I'm concerned. To what degree remains to be seen. :rolleyes:

Thanks to TORCA, and all the individuals inside and outside Torca for making this happen

Yes we will have to wait and see………"FOR SURE" lol

Chainsmoker 8)

June 30, 2015, 2:36 p.m.

nice looking map, for sale locally?

June 30, 2015, 2:50 p.m.

nice looking map, for sale locally?

On-line only. A friend bought one. Very nice. Surprised at some of the trails on there. Great for Coquitlam SAR.

http://tricitiesmap.com

http://www.straight.com/life/474636/new-map-reveals-abundance-hiking-and-mountain-biking-trails-coquitlam-and-port-moody

June 30, 2015, 7:52 p.m.

Thanks WH

July 2, 2015, 11:45 a.m.

I'm the creator of the map. Lots of great trails out here in the Tri-Cities!
The map is only available online (TriCitiesMap.com) and that is likely to remain the case for the time being. Any questions about the map then please free to email me ([email protected]). I am also a member for Coquitlam SAR, and we will be using the map for our operations (it's also a fundraiser for the team). Please feel free to share :)

July 2, 2015, 12:41 p.m.

I'm the creator of the map. Lots of great trails out here in the Tri-Cities!
The map is only available online (TriCitiesMap.com) and that is likely to remain the case for the time being. Any questions about the map then please free to email me ([email protected]). I am also a member for Coquitlam SAR, and we will be using the map for our operations (it's also a fundraiser for the team). Please feel free to share :)

Fantastic, I'm sure the local cycling organization who actively builds and maintains many of the trails on your map would not object to some sort of contribution as well
http://www.torca.ca/

Chainsmoker 8)

Aug. 10, 2015, 11:24 a.m.

Went for my first ride at Eagle on Saturday. We only had a few hours so climbed IBMY/Physio and did East Bound and Down to Hammer Time then over to Juan Valdez. We were really impressed with the trail quality out there. Soft and grippy (recent rain helped?) and appeared to be some recent work on drops/jumps/gaps. We only saw a few hikers and no other riders.

I'm keen to back and check out things higher up, especially Full Pull.