Tri-Cities 2014 Trail Conditions (PoMo, Coq, PoCo) (Merged)

Oct. 13, 2014, 6:42 p.m.

To whomever was doing the maintenance on garbage and ridden art. Thank you

Oct. 14, 2014, 8:22 a.m.

I have been pretty impressed with the Wesbuild crew…they were out there late last week with a ?Pounder" making the new exit solid and very riddable.
It will be very sad to see the lower trails disappear as they are such great "beginner" trails, something I was hoping to get my girls on eventually.
I've had the last 2 weeks off, and road burke 4 days last week…all I can say is that was some of the best trail conditions I've experienced on Burke…"A perfect powder day" is how I would describe last Thursday. Thanks to all doing the maintenance…

Big Boy Time was also in amazing condition…this is such an under rated trail…It's like a "big boy's" version of Franks…just love it.

After the deluge this weekend, I'm curious to see how things are…back up tomorrow!

Hope everyone plays nicely with the builders…it will go a long way in allowing us to ride longer and safer.

Oct. 14, 2014, 10:24 a.m.

Hey, with the incoming rainy winter season at the door, are there any specific trails which are recommended and ones to avoid as far as preventing trail damage?

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 16, 2014, 7:57 a.m.

It has been brought to our attention that someone has been modifying Hammertime on Eagle Mtn without consent from the builder. If you have any concerns about any of the trails in the Tri-Cities then please either contact the builders or send a message to TORCA so that we can forward concerns and address the situation. Rogue modifications are not acceptable.

Oct. 17, 2014, 9:05 a.m.

During the summer months with long daylight hours and options to ride a-plenty, you sometimes forget about hitting old favourites.

Last night a did a double-lap of Randy's (IMBY makes that so logical). Damn… what a fun trail. Landings were all in brilliant condition. No water running on the trail just greasy happinness of the roots and baby-heads. Great job whoever is maintaining, as the drops and gaps are well tended, but the tech/burl between remains. :rocker:

Oct. 19, 2014, 9:10 p.m.

burke conditions are perfect. Unfortunately I flatted on my second lap.

Oct. 20, 2014, 12:01 p.m.

Bullet dodger: several broken bridges. I didnt have time on my hike out to fix them so just marked them. Careful
j

Oct. 20, 2014, 12:28 p.m.

Lost my dualsport plate up burke this morning, it would be delightful if someone found it or grabbed it.

yeah bro!!

Oct. 20, 2014, 4:50 p.m.

Good looks to whoever threw a bunch of logs off the trails

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

Oct. 21, 2014, 11:54 a.m.

I have been pretty impressed with the Wesbuild crew…they were out there late last week with a ?Pounder" making the new exit solid and very riddable.
It will be very sad to see the lower trails disappear as they are such great "beginner" trails, something I was hoping to get my girls on eventually.
I've had the last 2 weeks off, and road burke 4 days last week…all I can say is that was some of the best trail conditions I've experienced on Burke…"A perfect powder day" is how I would describe last Thursday. Thanks to all doing the maintenance…

Big Boy Time was also in amazing condition…this is such an under rated trail…It's like a "big boy's" version of Franks…just love it.

After the deluge this weekend, I'm curious to see how things are…back up tomorrow!

Hope everyone plays nicely with the builders…it will go a long way in allowing us to ride longer and safer.

Volvo…pm sent

Oct. 21, 2014, 12:25 p.m.

Yup. Trails riding well. Big Boy might be a bit soft. Would be interested in builders impressions on riding this one through the winter, or voluntarily staying off of it so it can firm up in the spring?

Also, this posted on TORCA's FB page:

Someone has been cutting the fencing down at the hairpin on Burke Mtn. If this continues, we will lose access to the trails. Wesbild has been working with the community to keep the trails on their property viable but if vandalism continues (including removal of survey posts) these trails will be closed permanently. Please do us a solid and share this post with everyone you know who bikes or hikes on Burke Mtn.

Oct. 21, 2014, 12:29 p.m.

Saturday with the boy and the Mrs. Triple to Slayer to OT to Braap.

Cell phone shots.. but you get a visual for the conditions right now.

The boy:

The Mrs:

Great riding.

Oct. 21, 2014, 12:42 p.m.

I would say if you're gonna ride in somewhat questionable conditions, please pay a toll and pile some rocks beside what you think is some of the worst mud holes .lol. One of the builders can't walk very far without a cane. Searching for rocks is one of the hardest things for him to try and do and he really has to pay a price when he goes off searching for them. If it's been really wet it would be best to avoid any questionable trails. Thanks.

The above statement only applies to the trails my dad and I work on. I can't speak for any of the other builders on the mountain.

Also, when the builders are working please be polite. The old boy had someone ride through and kinda made a questionable remark as he was filling mud holes ..not cool.

Who ever is tearing down the fencing is a fool. Please if anyone sees someone doing this call em out on it. Wesbuild is really trying to be accommodating on what is their property. At the moment I think its a small price to pay for continued use of trails on THEIR property.

Oct. 21, 2014, 3:19 p.m.

Yup. Trails riding well. Big Boy might be a bit soft. Would be interested in builders impressions on riding this one through the winter, or voluntarily staying off of it so it can firm up in the spring?

Since you have the decency to ask, you didn't really need to ask… make the right call for the trail in question. I think you know the best answer for the trail. :)

Oct. 21, 2014, 3:57 p.m.

Since you have the decency to ask, you didn't really need to ask… make the right call for the trail in question. I think you know the best answer for the trail. :)

Yeah… It seemed right on the edge of acceptable conditions and the boy had worked hard to hit that combo. But as more rain comes all week, I was hoping to elude to your conclusion. Insert emoticon smiley face of your choice here. Will be more selective through the winter.

And lame about people blasting around the builders.