Tri-Cities 2014 Trail Conditions (PoMo, Coq, PoCo) (Merged)

Aug. 25, 2014, 11:20 p.m.

Sparkplug, inride starz all the time but wondering where stinger and north starz are in relation to the main starz lines?

Aug. 25, 2014, 11:22 p.m.

Have you ridden in Bert Flinn Park? It's a good starting point. Although there is not a ton of land there, you can link up the trails into multiple loops. There is North Starz, 3 lines of Starz, Stinger, Lower Backyard Trail and a few others. Basically, just go explore. At the worst, you'll come out in a development and can then just ride back up the road.

Inride the starz lines all the time but where is stinger and north starz in relation to starz?

Aug. 26, 2014, 8:38 a.m.

We saw the same dog last week… think it was Thursday. Looked menacing, so we just booted it by, plus we had a dog with us and didn't want any issues.

BTW, think we saw you pullin' the baby, as we were spinning home from the ride down near Rocky Point. We gave each other the "I'm too cool to actually be trying to see what kind of bike you're riding snob look" as we passed (we were on the road). Nice baby-pulling rig.

I think I saw you 2x, when you were riding up too. We were going for a picnic at Yellow Dog.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 26, 2014, 11:40 a.m.

Inride the starz lines all the time but where is stinger and north starz in relation to starz?

pm sent

Aug. 26, 2014, 12:45 p.m.

Slightly off topic, but beer and bikes work well together….

Connor, does YellowDog have regular operating hours? Do they serve food as well? We live too close to there not to know this.

Aug. 26, 2014, 1:06 p.m.

Slightly off topic, but beer and bikes work well together….

Connor, does YellowDog have regular operating hours? Do they serve food as well? We live too close to there not to know this.

yes. no food, BYO.

https://www.facebook.com/YellowDogBeer/info

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 26, 2014, 3:37 p.m.

pm sent

Can you pm me any descriptions/locations of those trails too? I know Starz pretty well (broke a helmet there once) but Stinger is new to me. I may have ridden it already though. There are some nice trails that go down to the elementary school area.

Aug. 26, 2014, 9:36 p.m.

Stinger is one of those trails. How's the beer at yellow dog? Been hoping to find somewhere closer to home for the growler fills…

Aug. 27, 2014, 12:35 p.m.

the beer is really good.
growler fills and nice folks running the place.
and they're often 'testing' out new things

Aug. 28, 2014, 9:34 a.m.

pm sent

Thanks, and replied

Sept. 25, 2014, 9:30 a.m.

Burke was running brilliant Sunday/Monday and will be stellar once this water settles into the earth a bit.

The 9 year old did his biggest Burke ride to date. Upper Triple to Slayer to the new trail the cuts off midway and hooks up with Overtime. Up to Garbage/Last run, then back up to Dawg/Hustler, then back up to the truck at the gates.

He did it all with a smile in under 2.5 hours. Cleaned everything on the down. Great to see such growth over the summer. :rocker:

Ongoing thanks to the Burke builders and maintainers.

Sept. 28, 2014, 4:47 p.m.

Burke was draining pretty well. Stuck to the classic west side today, hitting Bean to Lower Vic's to Last Run/Garbage. The boy wanted tech loamy old school. So we went for the steepest and greasiest Burke has to offer.

Trails were running great between the roots - too bad there's almost no trail between the roots! Roots were greasy as snot. Amazing to watch his comfort just letting the rear end go and riding things out.

More roots than dirt:

Creeks were running pretty good:

Squamish style granite here and there:

New Exit from Lower Vic's:

Greasy Schmeasy:

Finally pretty much has Last Run/Garbage dialed:

Sept. 29, 2014, 11:31 a.m.

It pains me that your little guy can outride me.
:mad:

:beer:

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 2, 2014, 9:26 a.m.

Lower Eagle from powerlines down through Starz running so well with the rains and all the work TORCAA and other volunteers have done. This is the zone for after-work rides now.

Pin a quick lap on Blue Line, Juan Valdez, or Randy's, through Starz and spin back to Heritage just in time for them to put on the cleats and hit soccer practice.

Oct. 2, 2014, 10:04 a.m.

How is Triple Crown running after all that rain?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.