Tri-Cities 2014 Trail Conditions (PoMo, Coq, PoCo) (Merged)

May 26, 2014, 1:19 p.m.

Six was fine 2 weeks ago? You ride past Franks all the way up past the tower construction, the road turns left and Six is at the flat part. (along with Deliverance, Elevator) Did you go too far along the top?

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

May 26, 2014, 3:37 p.m.

Six was fine 2 weeks ago? You ride past Franks all the way up past the tower construction, the road turns left and Six is at the flat part. (along with Deliverance, Elevator) Did you go too far along the top?

It's quite possible that we are talking about a different trail. I know where deliverance and Elevator are…this trail is another 100m along at least, and you actually start to descend again for a bit…(not very long).

2 weeks ago, access to it was fine, piece of cake…not so much anymore…

Maybe I've got the name wrong…

May 26, 2014, 3:55 p.m.

Are you referring to the "jump trail"? It starts on the road to TC then push up once you hit the powerlines?

:canada:

May 26, 2014, 4:09 p.m.

Sounds like he's talking about Six/Slayer. Haven't been up there for a month or so. Are you coming up from the south/Frank's road? Or are you coming up the traditional way, hitting Upper TC first?

From Upper TC, if you go straight across the road, you're on Deliverance. To the left is Six/Slayer.

If you are trying to come up the powerline road from the north to hit this trail, rather than from the south (Frank's side), it's impassable.

The "jump trail" I assume, you are meaning GOC? This is best accessed from the road about 400m before reaching entrance to Upper TC. But last time I hit that, I hit some clear-cut prior to the powerline and I'm guessing that's still there?

May 26, 2014, 8:04 p.m.

The clear cut is still there and a mess to access Elevator/Six… I rode Burke a month ago.

May 26, 2014, 9:44 p.m.

Hey guys,
This was accessed from the south side/past franks…once up top, you ride west past deliverance and the next part of TC…
The best I can describe it would be as you are going back west following the power towers, cross the "bailey bridge" and then the road "splits", one up to a higher power tower, and then one on the left to the lower power tower. The trail is right at the base of the lower power tower…It is/was clearly a well used trail as it has some woodwork early on it across a river, and then, yes…it's a series of amazing little jumps/gaps etc…the trail bisects at least 1 or 2 trails before it joins slayer. The trail travels "south east" across the ridge of burke…(as best as I could describe it).
Again, I'm also calling it out, as it the access to it was a dramatic change week over week…
What trail am I talking about?!?!

May 26, 2014, 9:58 p.m.

Hey guys,
This was accessed from the south side/past franks…once up top, you ride west past deliverance and the next part of TC…
The best I can describe it would be as you are going back west following the power towers, cross the "bailey bridge" and then the road "splits", one up to a higher power tower, and then one on the left to the lower power tower. The trail is right at the base of the lower power tower…It is/was clearly a well used trail as it has some woodwork early on it across a river, and then, yes…it's a series of amazing little jumps/gaps etc…the trail bisects at least 1 or 2 trails before it joins slayer. The trail travels "south east" across the ridge of burke…(as best as I could describe it).
Again, I'm also calling it out, as it the access to it was a dramatic change week over week…
What trail am I talking about?!?!

You talkin about jump line.

diggin

May 26, 2014, 10 p.m.

You talkin about jump line.

steller - Thanks for the clarity….

Now - Gunna take some "tools" up with us next time to see if we can gain ridable access again…I hate hike a bike…and it's a great trail.

May 27, 2014, 1:05 a.m.

Speaking of Burke trails, my buddy and I spent two
Hours searching for Mental Floss with no luck. I think we searched
The whole left side forest off the road, from all the way just past
Sandinista until well after the snow line before we gave up.
Followed all the clues i knew to no avail,,,im almost convinced this trail
Is a myth or someones bad joke at this point

May 27, 2014, 6:06 a.m.

Speaking of Burke trails, my buddy and I spent two
Hours searching for Mental Floss with no luck. I think we searched
The whole left side forest off the road, from all the way just past
Sandinista until well after the snow line before we gave up.
Followed all the clues i knew to no avail,,,im almost convinced this trail
Is a myth or someones bad joke at this point

Ha no its up there keep trying. Hiked it earlier this year first snowfall.

yeah bro!!

May 27, 2014, 9:31 a.m.

Yeah jump line. I pushed up that 2 weeks ago and came out to the power lines and it was a mess. Couldn't figure out how peeps could get into the entrance that way.

Mental Floss, eh….?

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

May 27, 2014, 10:21 a.m.

It' about 20 mins past WG. Probably on Strava by now.

May 27, 2014, 10:30 a.m.

It' about 20 mins past WG. Probably on Strava by now.

Sadly the answer is in the affirmative.

May 27, 2014, 10:39 a.m.

Never ridden WG, but we did go waaay past a creek and was told by a hiker
We were 15min from the old ski runs so i know we went high enough,
The trail head must be completely overgrown for us to have
Missed it

May 28, 2014, 9:33 a.m.

Hi all! We are TORCA, the Tri-Cities Off Road Cycling Association, and we are the hub for all activities related to Burke and Eagle, as well as any other areas in the Port Moody, Anmore, Belcarra, Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam regions (And the tri part of our name is as accurate as the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy trilogy).

Currently, no issues to report on the mountain, but there is some fresh dirt work on Starz that looks great!

This Sunday (June 1st) we are having a public trail day on North Starz, trying to fill in those last few soft spots from previous trail days.
If you would like to attend, please sign up at:
https://www.facebook.com/events/632098176866133/?ref=22

Signing up allows us to plan for the free lunch. If you aren't a facebook type, then e-mailing [email protected] will work too!