Squamish Trail Conditions (2012)

Feb. 24, 2012, 8:03 a.m.

drove up from the city this morning, slushy snow on the ground at alice lake turn off

March 5, 2012, 12:26 p.m.

Rode Valleycliffe yesterday. Meet your maker was rideable about half way up the climb, then we were hiking through an inch or two of snow. The descent was fully ride-able though and a lot of fun.

Seven stitches and a lot of the lower stuff was all good though, and some great conditions between the snow!

March 21, 2012, 4:33 p.m.

The pedal up to entrails is still a bit snowy but the trail is fine. Rock faces are super grippy.

March 29, 2012, 11:53 a.m.

Any update on the trails in Squamish?

March 29, 2012, 2:12 p.m.

We just had a major deluge, so any of the deep soil trails should be avoided I would think. THis is the prime time to majorly F-up good trails, so if you just give it a week or two to drain, you will derive benefit from your better judgment all season long:)

Valleycliffe has been in good shape this past week, Farside, Meet Yer Maker, 7 Stitches, Graduate, Cougar Ridge are all good. Plunge is good. I also rode Icy Hole and Roller Coaster 2 days ago, both were fine.

NOTE- Lower Pseudo Tsuga, Phil and Cams, and Flat Alley are all CLOSED at this time for significant maintenance, including a full on trail day this Saturday. This means that access to that lower lot (above the Uni) will be very limited. You are better off riding something over towards Alice Lake (like Squirrel, Icy Hole, Nemesis etc) or Valleycliffe. Not sure it is rideable up to Nelson or any of the uppers yet.

Cheekeye is fine as well ;)

April 1, 2012, 9:31 p.m.

This notice was posted by SORCA today- just a heads up for any Squamish riders. Looking at the weather, might be best to give this area a week or two. Looking forward to a _long _season on these trails :)

* TRAIL CLOSURE Reminder ***
Just a reminder that all trails below flat alley are closed at the moment. This includes Phil and Cam's, Pseudo-Tsuga (to the water fall), and of course the new work Dream Wizards has done on the legacy/climbing trail. In other words, anything that finishes at the lower shuttle lot is off limits (with the exception of Deliverance) until trail work has been completed. Please respect all closures for your safety. Also, the new work that has been put in in these areas is too soft at the moment, and riding it will result in severe damage to the trails.
Thank You!

April 1, 2012, 10:14 p.m.

Climbed up to Rigs in Zen today, and the trail was all clear. A smattering of snow at the entrance, and a bit on the road up. But trail itself was fine (if a little lacking in grip on the roots!). Needs a bit of love in places, but it looks like that's all in hand.

Also went up and did Value Added -[HTML_REMOVED] Icy Hole of Death. Mikes Loop was pretty muddy on the way up, but the descents were all fine. Cleared a few small trees, nothing serious to worry about though.

April 1, 2012, 10:51 p.m.

rigs doesn't get ridden much these days so its pretty slick. needs some work for sure.

April 1, 2012, 11:11 p.m.

rigs doesn't get ridden much these days so its pretty slick. needs some work for sure.

I can see why. The climb up was a bit of a drag, and with all the sketchy slippery log rides I'm not sure it was worth it. Nice views from the top though, and looked like there was some maintenance in action.

April 8, 2012, 7:49 p.m.

Just rode Cheshire Cat - absolutely ideal conditions. I've never ridden that trail with such dry roots and tacky dirt. Lovely :-)
(Also, there's a report on the SORCA website suggesting the Cat Lake access road is impassible by car. Well, the road has now been repaired and there were plenty of people camping up thereā€¦)

April 12, 2012, 12:10 p.m.

Also good for killing trees that get in the way of your 32" bars. Be sure to leave the stumps nice and high!

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not, but I'd like to know.

April 12, 2012, 12:26 p.m.

definitely piss-taking

nah I'd leave the trees alone

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

April 12, 2012, 4:42 p.m.

carbon trees are coming down in price. I'm not in the market, but good info.

April 12, 2012, 5:48 p.m.

don't cut trees that aren't on a trail you built.

April 12, 2012, 9:10 p.m.

PLEASE, do NOT cut trees.