Squamish 2016 Trail Conditions

Feb. 3, 2016, 12:19 p.m.

I didn't see a thread so figured I'd start one (mods feel free to merge if I am blind and missed it).

Did Alice Lake area get snow the last few days? Was reading people claiming great conditions on Facebook/Trailforks but that was last weekend.

Feb. 3, 2016, 1:09 p.m.

I was actually wondering this myself! I'm thinking of hitting up Alice lake this weekend

Feb. 3, 2016, 1:18 p.m.

Parked at Perth on Sunday and rode most of the Alice Lake and Highlands area, finishing with a descent down to Coho Park. Everything was clear of snow and mostly running very well. Lots of areas still saturated which provided plenty of opportunities to stop and clear/create drains to empty the puddles.

Feb. 3, 2016, 5:57 p.m.

Rode angry midget Sunday which was in excellent condition. Might snow in town tonight though

Feb. 3, 2016, 6:42 p.m.

Rode angry midget Sunday which was in excellent condition. Might snow in town tonight though

Yeah just talked to someone who drove up this afternoon and it was snowing there. But didn't sound like it was really sticking so we'll see. Rode a bunch of Alice Lake area stuff yesterday, was great.

Feb. 3, 2016, 6:59 p.m.

good to know was up there a few weeks back and everything was still covered in snow and frozen .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 4, 2016, 3:28 p.m.

I heard there was some recent work done on the trail? I love AM, one of my faves. I want to check out it out but don't want to damage recent builder efforts if it's fresh.

Going to play it by ear, maybe Alice lake Monday depending how this next storm comes in.

Feb. 4, 2016, 4:52 p.m.

love AM as well , last time I rode it , it was pretty beat-up , Alice Lake is some sweet riding as well .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 4, 2016, 7:49 p.m.

I heard there was some recent work done on the trail? I love AM, one of my faves. I want to check out it out but don't want to damage recent builder efforts if it's fresh.

Going to play it by ear, maybe Alice lake Monday depending how this next storm comes in.

Was in decent shape, couple of new berms and a new jump which is pretty fun but a soft landing. Might not be in great shape after the torrential downpour today. Mind the sign at the top "don't skid you fucks!"

Feb. 10, 2016, 3:47 p.m.

AM was in good shape Saturday, great dirt and no puddles or mud. Two dude working on it, one fixing corners near the top and one with a chainsaw working on that stump ladder-bridge roll-down. Stopped to chat and he said another crew had taken it out a while back and he was building a replacement with some options to jump. Both builders were cool with people riding it that day.

May 2, 2016, 9:52 a.m.

Went up to Alice Lake on Saturday… trails were pretty much perfect as was the weather, nice and cool in the forest pedaling up in the morning then warm in the sun at the lake after.

Hadn't ridden Man Boobs in a while, very nice trail work on the berms at the top. Rupert was fun as always, love that trail. We rode Entrails/Room with a View/Dirk's Diggler, first time in that area and those trails. I took the easy lines on Dirk's and that was about good for my confidence/ability right now. Looked at some of the harder lines and had a look at In-N-Out Burger… yeah, confidence is not quite there yet haha.

Squamish rules.

May 2, 2016, 3:50 p.m.

^^^ Very nice! We're doing a similar route in a couple of weeks time.

Anyone know the trail/logging situation around Skookum -[HTML_REMOVED] IMBA Smart -[HTML_REMOVED] Fred -[HTML_REMOVED] Tinder -[HTML_REMOVED] Your Mom? We're planning on doing these trails as part of a route sometime.

May 2, 2016, 5:56 p.m.

^^^ Very nice! We're doing a similar route in a couple of weeks time.

Anyone know the trail/logging situation around Skookum -[HTML_REMOVED] IMBA Smart -[HTML_REMOVED] Fred -[HTML_REMOVED] Tinder -[HTML_REMOVED] Your Mom? We're planning on doing these trails as part of a route sometime.

That area (skookum/imba smart) has been on the slate for a while but haven't heard any whispers of logging starting any time soon.

May 3, 2016, 10:18 a.m.

What's the progression of difficulty on the slab trails like? I remember reading it goes something like Room with a View -[HTML_REMOVED] Boney -[HTML_REMOVED] Dirk's -[HTML_REMOVED] Gouranga -[HTML_REMOVED] Hueso -[HTML_REMOVED] In-n-Out Burger -[HTML_REMOVED] Penthouse -[HTML_REMOVED] Larvicide -[HTML_REMOVED] Intestinal.

May 3, 2016, 10:38 a.m.

What's the progression of difficulty on the slab trails like? I remember reading it goes something like Room with a View -[HTML_REMOVED] Boney -[HTML_REMOVED] Dirk's -[HTML_REMOVED] Gouranga -[HTML_REMOVED] Hueso -[HTML_REMOVED] In-n-Out Burger -[HTML_REMOVED] Penthouse -[HTML_REMOVED] Larvicide -[HTML_REMOVED] Intestinal.

Larvicide is the hardest easily.
Last and only slab on intestinal is intimidating but super grippy, so not so bad.
Penthouse can be super easy unless you go for the drop.
Gouranga, hueso, dirks and in-out are kinda similar levels depending on line choice.