Squamish 2015 Trail Conditions

July 15, 2015, 9:15 p.m.

Where does in N out burger fit on the difficulty continuum with boney, hueso, DD and intestinal?

July 15, 2015, 9:52 p.m.

Easier than intestinal.
harder then the rest.
The builder speaketh.

Just yell "canadian coming through!" and you will be fine.
;)

July 15, 2015, 10:04 p.m.

Easier than intestinal.
harder then the rest.
The builder speaketh.

Just yell "canadian coming through!" and you will be fine.
;)

Perfect. Intestinal was a bit much for me. The rest I am good with. Going to hit up the Burger this weekend. Thanks in advance!

July 16, 2015, 12:11 p.m.

Thanks everyone… got some good ideas of how things link up now. Think we will start with Entrails/Room/Hueso and then move onto DD and In-n-Out Burger if we are feeling good next time. Time for some granite :)

July 16, 2015, 3:03 p.m.

I would go for entrails/boney elbows/hueso.
Room with a view is a great trail, but pretty mellow as far as difficulty.

July 20, 2015, 3:36 p.m.

rode whistler for 2 days then headed to squamish on out way home. We were pretty blown up from peadling all over the village the days before so we thought we would take a mellow lap….. Parked at perth, rode the connector, met a local showing his friends around. Somehow he talked us into doing treasure while they pealed off and did credit line…. Wow really old school trail….We rode everything but the huck over the stump and the massive stepdown to mega holes.near the end of the trail..Then pedaled back up and did endtrails, pointy, huesso. (is there any videos of the old panty dropper line, that looked insane, we couldn't find any on our drive home)

The grip on your rock is insane! Total mind fuck that you can ride steep rollers and have complete control.

I think next time I would like to check out the other trails near the school

July 20, 2015, 3:38 p.m.

treasure trail is actually only a couple of seasons old…

July 20, 2015, 3:41 p.m.

treasure trail is actually only a couple of seasons old…

well then……. it felt old, like all the stuff you would see in the old movies

Aug. 14, 2015, 3:43 p.m.

Hi

What's the Elfin lakes out and back like? I've never hiked/biked up there. Trailforks shows it as a green, and the pics look like a relatively smooth double track with 2000ish feet climbing over 8km so not that steep. Wondering if it would be an enjoyable ride with the wife to get some views on a nice day.

Are there any decent look-outs prior to the lakes in case she isn't up for the whole ride? Any technical sections (up or down) that could result in walking for a newbie? Steep sustained climbs? Shes on a Giant Trance so that will smooth things out and has the option of locking fork/shock.

As a bonus I could ride down 19th and have her pick me up below Pseudo Tsuega :)

cheers

Aug. 14, 2015, 3:54 p.m.

It is pretty much green the whole way. With conditions this dry and loose, there may well be a few spots where a new rider may end up stepping off…but this would be due to conditions rather than the trail. Coming down is pretty straight forward. Might be good to stop along the way down, so fatigue doesn't cause a problem…I learned this the hard way riding with newbies in the past…don't wait for them to want to stop; be proactive and take breaks so they don't feel pressured to keep up.

Not much in terms of views along the way, but even a modestly active person should be able to make it. Good place to take the GF. Lakes are refreshing but very swimmable. Bring bug spray.

Don't leave ANYTHING in your car. F*cking thieves everywhere in this town right now.

Aug. 14, 2015, 4:33 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2884497]It is pretty much green the whole way. With conditions this dry and loose, there may well be a few spots where a new rider may end up stepping off…but this would be due to conditions rather than the trail. Coming down is pretty straight forward. Might be good to stop along the way down, so fatigue doesn't cause a problem…I learned this the hard way riding with newbies in the past…don't wait for them to want to stop; be proactive and take breaks so they don't feel pressured to keep up.

Not much in terms of views along the way, but even a modestly active person should be able to make it. Good place to take the GF. Lakes are refreshing but very swimmable. Bring bug spray.

Don't leave ANYTHING in your car. F*cking thieves everywhere in this town right now.

That's encouraging to read. Also read reports on clubtreads of folks doing it on old rigid bikes with V-brakes so that is reassuring as the wife is not a confident rider yet. Good tip on proactive rest stops on the long descent, have to remember that newbies might be death gripping the handlebar and tensing their body. Hoping to get up there Sunday after the rain, I figure if I can get her to Paul Ridge (~6.5km) she will be keen to ride the whole thing. I'll bring a bigger pack with lots of food and water and let her use my hydration pack.

Roger that on the effing thieves. We've been lucky and never had a break in at the 19th Hole shuttle parking but have heard about how bad it is these days.

Aug. 15, 2015, 9:48 a.m.

Option number two for a ride and hike.
Look up watersprite. Top of nine mile.
Park at km 16 on the new skookum ipp road. ride bike up to the top of old fsr road. Park bike at trail head and walk in.

Gorgeous spot, no maddening crowds.

And no thieves!!! (yet)

Aug. 15, 2015, 9:36 p.m.

we rode Alicelake area last Friday 2nd car in the parking lot when we got there , had no issues , no issues in Highlands later when we did a lap up there .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Aug. 17, 2015, 5:10 p.m.

We had a late start and only went to Paul Ridge (about 7km in). Wife was suffering a bit with a lot of pushing on the loose pitches. She was fine once we got into the alpine as the grade mellows out and the views are great, but burned too much gas getting up there. Still a great afternoon in the mountains and some nice views.

Parking lot was full when we came in around 3:30pm Sunday. Didn't see any evidence of break-ins.

Oct. 2, 2015, 12:52 p.m.

Have things dried out down around Alice Lake? Thinking of cruising around with the wife tomorrow afternoon, stuff like Four Lakes, Bob McIntosh, Rock n Roll and Cliffs Corners area.

cheers