Squamish 2015 Trail Conditions

Jan. 26, 2015, 8:44 a.m.

I heard that Angry Midget is getting troughed from people riding in the wet. Maybe remove that one from the wet weather riding list?

Jan. 26, 2015, 6:51 p.m.

It was never a good winter choice. I spent a lot of time improving drainage but it's impossible to keep up with amount of wet traffic it gets. I still think the unpopular winter closure was a good idea.

Jan. 26, 2015, 7:28 p.m.

Good luck with that when you see the crowd that was parked on the road yesterday. Both sides, parked at least 100 m in each direction from the start of the climbing trail.

Jan. 26, 2015, 7:29 p.m.

SDBA trails were in mint condition though! Some new ones out there to be found too.

Jan. 30, 2015, 5:34 p.m.

Can anyone share a good 2hr, 500m climbing rip around alice lake?

Was thinking 50 shades, entrails, gouranga, mashitar then credit line and maybe depending on time jacks and crouching tiger..

Is it better to park at alice lake for that, or down by Pia? Is all this stuff ok with current conditions?

Jan. 30, 2015, 7:55 p.m.

nortonwhis - pm-ed you.

Jan. 30, 2015, 8:33 p.m.

For that loop, parking at Alice Lake would be good. So many awesome trails in that area. Could park at end of Perth, go up mashiter up tracks from hell down credit line, up 50 shades down Rupert (if dry!) or entrails, then add roller coaster (easy) or hueso (hard) to finish off by the end of Perth. Or Park at Alice Lake go up 50 shades down entrails then take icy hole of death down to Jack's then up debicks Hill down crouching and dirty Jane (or just crouching the whole way) then back up bracken trail and Jack's to Alice Lake… There's a lot of good ways to go, pro's and cons on where to park, Alice Lake is better because there's tons of room, Perth not much room (so sunny weekend maybe not a great idea, and you're parking in front of people's houses) but you can make a loop that will finish right there instead of climbing Jack's to get back.

Jan. 31, 2015, 10:17 a.m.

For that loop, parking at Alice Lake would be good. So many awesome trails in that area. Could park at end of Perth, go up mashiter up tracks from hell down credit line, up 50 shades down Rupert (if dry!) or entrails, then add roller coaster (easy) or hueso (hard) to finish off by the end of Perth. Or Park at Alice Lake go up 50 shades down entrails then take icy hole of death down to Jack's then up debicks Hill down crouching and dirty Jane (or just crouching the whole way) then back up bracken trail and Jack's to Alice Lake… There's a lot of good ways to go, pro's and cons on where to park, Alice Lake is better because there's tons of room, Perth not much room (so sunny weekend maybe not a great idea, and you're parking in front of people's houses) but you can make a loop that will finish right there instead of climbing Jack's to get back.

Thanks! Yer the climbing jacks at the end is what is making me think Perth.

Jan. 31, 2015, 2:55 p.m.

SDBA trails were in mint condition though! Some new ones out there to be found too.

I like the sounds of this. If you ever have room for an extra person, I'd love to get a tour!!

Jan. 31, 2015, 4:33 p.m.

Alice Lake/Highlands trails were awesome today. Virtually no mud. Just damp, tacky goodness. Perfect riding weather and ridiculously good conditions in the middle of Winter.

Also, found a Giro helmet and a pair of gloves on the side of the road on Perth Dr. Identify and I will get them back to you.

Feb. 2, 2015, 8:47 p.m.

Was alot wetter out there today then i thought it would be. Rode Entrails, Gouranga, Credit, Crouching. Lots of puddles. Entrails and crouching much drier than credit.

Feb. 16, 2015, 10:30 a.m.

Does anybody know anything about this trail? I could only find some old posts from guys who'd heli dropped it. If the gondola will allow bikes in the next year or so I guess there's no need to splurge. Any info would great. Looks truly epic!

Feb. 16, 2015, 10:43 a.m.

As far as gondola goes.
Directly behind it is Al's habrich trail (which was built by trials riders).

Has a sign stating hiking, biking, and trials allowed.
No point pedaling all the way over to Petgill lake and hiking up to the ridge.

The zone behind the Gondola has endless options, and that trail alone has one of the best slabs in the STS.

Feb. 16, 2015, 10:44 a.m.

Does anybody know anything about this trail? I could only find some old posts from guys who'd heli dropped it. If the gondola will allow bikes in the next year or so I guess there's no need to splurge. Any info would great. Looks truly epic!

Back in the day you'd arrange for the helicopter to meet you in Britannia to take you up. The ride itself was a weird patchwork of cool rock faces linked with some significant hike-a-bikes - it was complicated day and most people brought a guide to make the most of it (and save getting lost). I didn't think many people were going up there these days. When the gondola opens to bikes it will begin a new phase of trailbuilding in the area.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 16, 2015, 7:06 p.m.

a buddy did Disneyland back in the day he said it was one hell of a trip was around 8hrs , he ran out of fluids and food not being well enough prepared

#northsidetrailbuilders