Squamish 2014 Trail Conditions

Feb. 8, 2014, 12:32 a.m.

Flip, those pics are friggen awesome!!

WTF, Over?

Feb. 8, 2014, 4:35 p.m.

Conditions are all time. Traction is off the chart. Did two laps of Mice and Men hill and cleaned it like was paved….like riding a spider-bike….or a spider-pig-bike…crazy grip whichever way. Slabs are like sandpaper, just a bit dusty in the run-outs. Pretty much best February ride ever.

Tomorrow night could be spectacular. If we get a few cm of powdery snow on a cold grippy ground, it could make for magic riding conditions for just a very short window. Imagine carving down your favourite line, leaving white rooster-tails as you slash the berms. Could make for some truly unique footage if one were to get out there with a camera and a well-insulated crew. All depends on timing. If the snow comes in the late afternoon as the ground begins to cool, it could be absolutely magic. Doubt we'll see these conditions again this year.

Feb. 8, 2014, 4:50 p.m.

Alice lake area is good to go. Watch for ice but that's about it. Trails are running loose right now.

Rode powersmart/imba/Fred's/ur mom today. Top bit in a few inches of old snow and 5-6 ice sections. Great in the trees.

Thanks! I'll have to get up there. Best conditions ever! :)

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

Feb. 8, 2014, 5:47 p.m.

Pedalled up to angry midget. It was positively dusty but hardpack. Primo.

Feb. 8, 2014, 7:01 p.m.

Alice Lake area was so good today! Endless slabs, as far as the eye can see. There was sporadic ice but nothing that caught us off-guard. Just keep your eyes open for it and you'll be fine.

Feb. 8, 2014, 8:03 p.m.

Dry and dusty. Checked out Tamiami after riding by it so many times. Glad I don't do that again

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Feb. 10, 2014, 4:35 p.m.

Glad I went yesterday, trails were bone dry even dusty, now it's ski season haha

Feb. 10, 2014, 5:17 p.m.

I was able to pedal 75% of the way up to full nelson this afternoon until you cross full nelson on the climb trail, hit the cutblock and it gets steeper. Full nelson was in fantastic condition with 2-3cm of snow on it but it was still frozen so grip and speed were still awesome. Once you get onto trails out of the cover of the trees that extra 5cm makes things a bit spicer. Still rideable but you've got to watch your front tire more.

Feb. 12, 2014, 11:40 a.m.

Cool little website that I stumbled upon last night with some trail descriptions and recommended rides in Squamish:

http://www.squamishsingletrack.com/

Most people on here are probably already pretty familiar with the trails in Squamish but there are probably some people like me who are looking for good loop recommendations.

Feb. 19, 2014, 2:27 p.m.

Is Squamish snowy right now? I was thinking of coming up to ride the Entrails/Credit Line area this weekend.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 19, 2014, 2:30 p.m.

Is Squamish snowy right now? I was thinking of coming up to ride the Entrails/Credit Line area this weekend.

Valleycliffe trails were all clear last night. I'd think most of Alice Lake would be clear right now as well, but I've not been up there in a while.

Feb. 23, 2014, 2:51 p.m.

Snow on the ground but not to much under the trees. Everything is very wet.

There is a tree across entrails. Crosses 2 sections of trail half way down. A good hand saw should get it sorted. About 14" at the thickest.

Feb. 24, 2014, 8:29 a.m.

unless you're a certified tree slayer, better just leave it. you could get hurt you know.
haha

March 10, 2014, 3:49 p.m.

Went for a rip on Sunday. Patches of snow here and there, but all rideable (perhaps a touch squirrely in sections). Went Mashiter-Tracks From Hell-Mike's Loop-Credit Line-Jacks-50 Shades of Green-Mike's Loop-Entrails-Roller Coaster.

Grip is awesome, but the trails are a bit wet and muddy in patches. Great way to spend a Sunday for city-folk like myself

March 16, 2014, 10:12 p.m.

Wet, miserable, and wet. Broke my chain and bent a few links, broke a RD, and broke my cranks. 3 separate encounters with sticks, senders that shouldn't be done on a 4" XC bike or mashing the pedals a bit too hard on some of the climbs (credit line climbs anyone?). Rode the cat lake stuff to crouching to credit line. All in good shape.

Still a fun day!