Squamish 2014 Trail Conditions

Jan. 7, 2014, 10:45 p.m.

no, that's the moto trail called blindside, built shortly after hoods in the woods, and around the same time as SOT. the climb between the fork for hoods and the start of SOT is technically the start of blindside. its a cluster-fuck in that zone. the moto guys are generally friendly, a lot of them pedal too, so not much of an issue. there's a new (parallel) bypass for STP.

Jan. 8, 2014, 9:12 p.m.

…. The first big rock roll had a nice g-out from the moto guys running up it from the bottom. Made for an interesting entry onto the trail.

The g-out has been slowly developing but it's not from the trials guys, fun as it is… In trials you aren't digging a hole at the bottom or you're not going anywhere. The g-out is from mtb'ers skidding down the rock and hammering into the bottom, then dragging dirt out of the exit.

Clark is right, this zone has lots of history and plenty of pissing matches but it is relatively quiet now. More signage is on the way so that full size moto guys don't go the wrong way to their peril and the trail's. I know…I ride all 3 things in that area…and even run there :)

Jan. 16, 2014, 2:28 p.m.

Mountain biking’s impact: $8 million
SORCA seeking grant-in-aid to maintain trails

http://www.squamishchief.com/article/20140116/SQUAMISH0101/301169988/-1/squamish/mountain-biking-8217-s-impact-8-million

Jan. 17, 2014, 6:25 p.m.

How are Highlands trails looking? Want to head up tomorrow. Its been dry for a few days so Im thinking it should be good.

Jan. 17, 2014, 7:41 p.m.

I haven't been in about 10 days but some friends went 2 days ago and said it's prime time

Jan. 18, 2014, 4:38 p.m.

I haven't been in about 10 days but some friends went 2 days ago and said it's prime time

Your friends are right. Great day on the trails. Rode Legacy trail [HTML_REMOVED] Angry Midget [HTML_REMOVED] fsr [HTML_REMOVED] Freds [HTML_REMOVED] Word of Mouth. It was a beautiful day to be in the mountains. Cool, sunny and minty conditions. Middle of January? I can't remember seeing so little snow in the Sea to Sky.

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:20 p.m.

Are they still going to have mountain bike trails off the new Squamish gondola? Their website doesn't seem to mention anything about mountain biking but I thought I remembered them saying they were going to be building some mtb trails… did this get scrapped or is this something that will get developed in the future?

Jan. 21, 2014, 11:30 a.m.

Are they still going to have mountain bike trails off the new Squamish gondola? Their website doesn't seem to mention anything about mountain biking but I thought I remembered them saying they were going to be building some mtb trails… did this get scrapped or is this something that will get developed in the future?

Looks like they plan to have biking, from their site…

http://www.seatoskygondola.com/adventures/mountain-biking

"
FUTURE PLANS FOR PROFESSIONALLY BUILT TRAILS!
Squamish is home to some of the best mountain biking trails in North America, and the terrain surrounding Sea to Sky Gondola is no exception.

Situated on the neighbouring ridge to famous heli-biking trail “Disneyland”, we have 900m of vertical descent to build some of the longest trails in the area. While we won’t have any trails open to the public in 2014, we do have plans for professionally built and manicured mountain bike trails to open in the near future.
"

Jan. 21, 2014, 8:21 p.m.

this popped up earlier. it's from one of the Councillors

"District of Squamish agrees to pay full request for 2014 trail crew. Great news this year it was unanimous"

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Jan. 27, 2014, 7:32 p.m.

Perfect trails today, better than summer

Feb. 2, 2014, 9:27 p.m.

we got into some steeps today, insane how good the riding is in Squamish right now.

Feb. 2, 2014, 10:58 p.m.

we got into some steeps today, insane how good the riding is in Squamish right now.

That is awesome, need to get out and ride that trail again! Trails around Alice lake were in fantastic condition once again. fyi there's a tree down across 50 shades about 100m up from Jacks it might be a bit big for a hand saw.

On another note, I found some riding glasses by Quest and picked them up (Friday). Let me know if you lost them/ message me a description and I'll return them.

Feb. 7, 2014, 4:19 p.m.

Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me how the trails are running in the Alice Lake / Entrails area? Snow covered? Ice on the rock slabs? I'm thinking of getting up there Sunday.

Thanks!

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

Feb. 7, 2014, 4:32 p.m.

Is this Larvacide?

Feb. 7, 2014, 9:55 p.m.

Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me how the trails are running in the Alice Lake / Entrails area? Snow covered? Ice on the rock slabs? I'm thinking of getting up there Sunday.

Thanks!

Alice lake area is good to go. Watch for ice but that's about it. Trails are running loose right now.

Rode powersmart/imba/Fred's/ur mom today. Top bit in a few inches of old snow and 5-6 ice sections. Great in the trees.