Squamish 2013 conditions

March 29, 2013, 3:48 p.m.

I find the squamish trail app quite handy. Worth the $10.

What's the name of the app? Sounds like it could be a good investment!

March 29, 2013, 5:18 p.m.

Trail Mapps: Squamish by Cory Braden

March 29, 2013, 5:20 p.m.

What's the name of the app? Sounds like it could be a good investment!

Well worth it. Highly recommended.

March 29, 2013, 8:26 p.m.

Well worth it. Highly recommended.

Used it today. One spot I could not a location but I was pretty sure where I was anyway. It's handy as hell coming to intersections that may be new.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

March 29, 2013, 9:34 p.m.

Anywhere online that would have directions or would I be best off to go to a bike shop and ask?

Or if anyone is free tomorrow to show me around a few Squamish trails that would be awesome. I have heard so much about the area but never ridden there.

Mishtar- Try to hit the new climbing trail that leads you up from the lower lot above the University. I recommend taking this up to hit Full Nelson, then into Half Nelson, from there, maybe try another lap, and check out Recycle, which feeds directly into Pseudo Tsuga (parts 1, 2, and 3). Those would be my first recommendations, with the caveat that Full Nelson is quite BMX'y (jumpy), and Half Nelson far less so. If you want to try the Valleycliff area, try going Farside- to Meet Your Maker - to The Graduate - Seven Stitches- Endo - 31 Seconds - and out. A few rock faces on Meet Yer Maker, but nothing to hairy.

There will be a lot of people out and about, so you won't have any trouble getting directions on the fly. Most people here are super friendly.

March 29, 2013, 10:10 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2738808]Mishtar- Try to hit the new climbing trail that leads you up from the lower lot above the University. I recommend taking this up to hit Full Nelson, then into Half Nelson, from there, maybe try another lap, and check out Recycle, which feeds directly into Pseudo Tsuga (parts 1, 2, and 3). Those would be my first recommendations, with the caveat that Full Nelson is quite BMX'y (jumpy), and Half Nelson far less so. If you want to try the Valleycliff area, try going Farside- to Meet Your Maker - to The Graduate - Seven Stitches- Endo - 31 Seconds - and out. A few rock faces on Meet Yer Maker, but nothing to hairy.

There will be a lot of people out and about, so you won't have any trouble getting directions on the fly. Most people here are super friendly.

Sounds good, thank you for the tips!

March 29, 2013, 10:38 p.m.

Is Recycle the one that you see on the right, coming up the road, with that nice new berm at the end? Right beside another trail with a bunch of woodwork?

Great to see the trails are still there despite the clear cut logging.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

March 29, 2013, 11:18 p.m.

Is Recycle the one that you see on the right, coming up the road, with that nice new berm at the end? Right beside another trail with a bunch of woodwork?

Great to see the trails are still there despite the clear cut logging.

Recycle starts at the top of Half Nelson, you actually ride onto HN about 50 feet then take a quick right before the first little drop. It comes out and feeds directly into Pseudo Tsuga. No berm or woodwork at that point. It is more of an XC pedalling trail with fun sections.

March 31, 2013, 6:20 p.m.

First time riding Dirty Jane today - fun little trail. Trails are prime - not a spot of mud to be seen.

March 31, 2013, 8:56 p.m.

Trails were great today. Thanks to the guys giving "shouts of encouragement" on Angry Midget!

March 31, 2013, 9:09 p.m.

First time riding Dirty Jane today - fun little trail. Trails are prime - not a spot of mud to be seen.

Ran into a guy on Friday who found me and my crew on Credit Line on DH bikes (was that a mistake). He showed us over to Dirty Jane Too/Dirty Jane. Major thanks to him for the directions as those trails were a bit more suited for the bikes. :rocker:

April 1, 2013, 8:35 a.m.

Stellar conditions up there this weekend. And the new climbing trail is both awesome and relentless!

We decided to make a go up Skookum to Powersmart. Lots of blowdown - we did what we could to move stuff that didn't require sawing. Still quite a few left on the climb and descent that will require a chainsaw.

Does anybody know when the Skookum/Powersmart area will be logged? Seems like it's been flagged for a long time so I keep expecting it to not be thereā€¦.

April 1, 2013, 6:18 p.m.

Rode it today too, super fun. Bit of a challenge on the hardtail but following a buddy on a reign x I just rolled through all the gnarly spots without really looking lol.

April 1, 2013, 6:29 p.m.

never themind

April 1, 2013, 10:24 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2738808]Mishtar- Try to hit the new climbing trail that leads you up from the lower lot above the University. I recommend taking this up to hit Full Nelson, then into Half Nelson, from there, maybe try another lap, and check out Recycle, which feeds directly into Pseudo Tsuga (parts 1, 2, and 3). Those would be my first recommendations, with the caveat that Full Nelson is quite BMX'y (jumpy), and Half Nelson far less so. If you want to try the Valleycliff area, try going Farside- to Meet Your Maker - to The Graduate - Seven Stitches- Endo - 31 Seconds - and out. A few rock faces on Meet Yer Maker, but nothing to hairy.

We rode Full Nelson and then when we got to the bottom we went up a fire road that was right there and it took us to a climbing trail that brought us back up by full nelson, I take it that was the climbing trail you meant. Our next run was the trail that climbs up just next to full nelson, you stay to the right instead of going straight into full nelson. Any idea what that trail is? It spit us back down on to the climbing trail where we did the bottom part of full nelson again.

Your trails up there are amazing and the dirt and waether could not have been better.