Southern Chilcotin (2015)

Aug. 6, 2015, 10:34 p.m.

i hear certain people have been banned from using the float plane for repeated off trail scree riding. very good to hear this.

the sooner the bros with the trail roosting and shredding attitude are shamed the better. you're either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Aug. 7, 2015, 9:44 a.m.

Just noticed the East end of ROR is now on Trailforks:
http://www.trailforks.com/trails/ridgeorama-east-section/

That should cut down on the number of lost people in Cinnibar basin. ;)

Interesting.

Knowing where to go in cinnabar now i would happily hit it up again. It was a blast riding in the basin there.

Aug. 7, 2015, 9:54 a.m.

the number of people dropping anchor down low hanging fruit scree just off the side of the trail is growing every year. saddly the self entitled bucket listers have very little respect for the area or the threatened access we currently enjoy. but hey, the chilcos was sick last weekend bro!

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Aug. 7, 2015, 11:34 a.m.

typically takes about 50 min to ride up the puker as far as molly dog. can not really be done slower then that unless your pushing, hence the nick name. ;)

Sandbag!

yes sir, much pushing :)

Aug. 9, 2015, 11:34 p.m.

Sandbag!

yes sir, much pushing :)

Thank you both. Will try to keep my lunch down!

Aug. 18, 2015, noon

Just got back from my first trip in the Chilcotins. 3 nights self supported tour that would probably be perceived as vanilla by others on this board. Between the overwhelming landscape, buff trails, and the wildlife, I found the experience of riding there pretty intense. EASILY the most beautiful place that I’ve ever spent time in. Twas hard to return to the Specialized video of “local” riders railing the trails. I wonder how Tyax feels about that video? The thought of drones flying ridge top really left me feeling sick to my stomach. Another glaring example of how fucked humanity is.

Aug. 18, 2015, 12:28 p.m.

Just did a Tyax ride on Sunday. Will definitely be back next year for a multidayer. Now that I'm a little more familiar with the terrain and how it all 'works' where do you generally park and ride from? I'm guessing you ride along Gun Creek into Trigger, Warner etc?

Aug. 18, 2015, 2:01 p.m.

hey, we were just up there this w/e as well. just did the spruce lake puddle jump on sat. really neat area. the prospect of doing a self-supported multi day sounds very cool indeed.

Aug. 18, 2015, 3:06 p.m.

hey, we were just up there this w/e as well. just did the spruce lake puddle jump on sat. really neat area. the prospect of doing a self-supported multi day sounds very cool indeed.

You didn't happen to be in the lodge on Saturday night enjoying dinner did you? We rolled in about 8ish and crushed some beers and played pool.

Aug. 18, 2015, 3:41 p.m.

Just did a Tyax ride on Sunday. Will definitely be back next year for a multidayer. Now that I'm a little more familiar with the terrain and how it all 'works' where do you generally park and ride from? I'm guessing you ride along Gun Creek into Trigger, Warner etc?

main trailhead at bottom of taylor is probably most popular…ride up to cabin, then you can split and either go left to camel pass, or right towards Windy/Spruce…

Aug. 18, 2015, 5:58 p.m.

You didn't happen to be in the lodge on Saturday night enjoying dinner did you? We rolled in about 8ish and crushed some beers and played pool.

yup. was having romantical dinner w/ the wife. were you the larger group?

Aug. 18, 2015, 6:02 p.m.

yup. was having romantical dinner w/ the wife. were you the larger group?

No there was just the 4 of us that sat at the bar and then moved to the couches. I was feeling like an asshole for not saying hi! Haha!

Aug. 19, 2015, 9:45 a.m.

Just got back from my first trip in the Chilcotins. 3 nights self supported tour that would probably be perceived as vanilla by others on this board. Between the overwhelming landscape, buff trails, and the wildlife, I found the experience of riding there pretty intense. EASILY the most beautiful place that I’ve ever spent time in. Twas hard to return to the Specialized video of “local” riders railing the trails. I wonder how Tyax feels about that video? The thought of drones flying ridge top really left me feeling sick to my stomach. Another glaring example of how fucked humanity is.

nothing vanilla of going self supported back there. good on ya. couldn't agree more about that video but i think we are the minority. most think it's rad and are hoping to go and duplicate the shreddage…

i can't speak for Tyax but Tyax Air surely can only benefit from the marketing. personal feelings and business interest may not jive though, who knows?

Aug. 19, 2015, 10:06 a.m.

..the prospect of doing a self-supported multi day sounds very cool indeed.

Yes, it is

Aug. 19, 2015, 10:35 a.m.

Just got back from 4 days myself. Dropped into taseko then back over iron pass to Lorna. Probably wouldn't recommend that route unless you're really into hiking /Bushwhacking with your bike for hours but absolutely beautiful area. Had to thread our way through a grizzly mother and 2 cubs on either side of us (yes 6 total). Photos to come.