South Chilcotin - 2013

Sept. 11, 2013, 11:16 a.m.

these places are starting to look like whistler at 1pm on a powder day. do i think it matters on the grand scale, maybe, but thats not the point. the point is that its a provincial park and one of the few places in the province that actually has a management plan. meaning it's one of the few places your actions, can have a negative impact on the future access of mountain bikers.

I understand exactly what you are saying and agree with most of it but I was up on the Eldorado ridge trail on Labour Day weekend, following the 'mountaineering route' on the Trail Ventures map and the 'trail' consisted of a slight depression in the shale about 12inches wide in some places…in other places, there was no discernible line and I was just following a line of horse shit!

In the grand scheme of things, a 15ft snow pack is gonna flatten out most off-trail "erosion" on this type of surface. I'm thinking we probably agree on this but the 'noise' this generates within the park management plan process may be the problem rather than any actual damage (notwithstanding any genuine flora/fauna damage - I did notice some flighty ground nesting birds in that area as I pushed/rode past…)

Sept. 27, 2013, 2:15 p.m.

Lots of snow on the passes. still rideable but not ideal conditions on the 25th sept.
Lower stuff is amazing.

Sept. 27, 2013, 7:42 p.m.

and dear pass was as good as I have ever ridden it.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Oct. 11, 2013, 2:21 p.m.

Any snow level updates? (Or, I should say, snow depth…) Next week looks nice.