Seymour 2016 Conditions (merged)

Dec. 26, 2016, 2:17 p.m.

The climb up Academy/RTC/Pussyfoot/PennyLane/GSM is all good, traction is sometimes hard to maintain on the steeper bits, but was actually the best its been for me on any of the snow rides I've been on.

So much fun on Severed (including the new entrance) - I'm loving the unpredictability :) Cut out the tree that was blocking the trail just past the junction with JD.

Wind is picking up, so I expect to see more downed trees/branches, and the snow has turned to rain at Hyannis, so tomorrow will be a whole different adventure I'm sure.

Dec. 26, 2016, 3:23 p.m.

New entrance?

Dec. 26, 2016, 3:56 p.m.

New entrance?

Well, it's not exactly "new" anymore, but that's the name that stuck…we'd planned to call it Dicky

http://www.trailforks.com/trails/new-severed-entrance/

Dec. 27, 2016, 1:04 p.m.

Oh yeah, I thought there might be another one. I was confused :D

Dec. 27, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

Went out for a short lap today… it's warmed up a lot and with the rain it's slushy and slippery. Bridle / Cardiac Bypass / Academy were mostly rideable. Pussyfoot / Penny Lane / GSM were mostly a push. Only went up as far as John Deer. Slip and slide the whole way down.

Most recent reports on Trailforks here: http://www.trailforks.com/region/mount-seymour/reports/

Dec. 28, 2016, 12:41 p.m.

Went up this morning (for a tour through the woods).

The snow was falling / sticking at the 2nd switchback at 8:00 but had dropped down past the BP parking lot by 12:00 when I was on my way down. Wet snow / rain at the Old Buck Lot.

Dec. 31, 2016, 11:39 a.m.

For this morning:

BP is mainly pedalable from Old Buck. Academy climb clear. Pussyfoot and Penny Lane were a mix of walking/riding and GSM was a relatively pleasant push.

Powerline was easily manageable. Again combo of ride/walk.

Severed was 100% rideable (and a lot of fun). It's slippery hardpack snow but staying light on the bike and brakes it was totally controlled.

Only scary moment was going in high/wide on the largest of the three rolls as it ended up being iced over (acceleration!). Staying low/tight was no issue.

Highly recommended if you need to turn some wheels and have the proper mindset to make it fun.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Dec. 31, 2016, 12:41 p.m.

For this afternoon:

snowing heavily at 60 m elevation.

Jan. 2, 2017, 9:23 a.m.

We rode old buck, BP, severed, GSM, John Deere. All 100% rideable, yesterday at least. Upper dales, not so much.

Jan. 2, 2017, 2:21 p.m.

Old buck, good sir Martin, severed, Asian Adonis, John Deere all good today.

Jan. 2, 2017, 4:54 p.m.

I started at Hyannis- all the climbers were hard pack and totally rideable. Adonis and JD quite grippy and fast.

Jan. 4, 2017, 1:05 p.m.

Just finished a lap Old Buck -[HTML_REMOVED] Severed -[HTML_REMOVED] John Deer -[HTML_REMOVED] Bridle Path - Empress Bypass and it was awesome!

Snow is super packed and dry since it is so cold so there is actually pretty good traction. We were able to pedal the entire way up to new entrance on Severed except for maybe a 100' push on Baden Powell where the rut is pretty narrow.

The ride down was awesome. Way more traction than I expected… I probably could have gone faster but I had a mental block since it 'looked' slick :)

As long as it stays cold it is a ton of fun.

Jan. 4, 2017, 9:31 p.m.

Old buck, good sir Martin, severed, Asian Adonis, John Deere all good today.

Your welcome.

AA was a slog on Sunday, first tracks down, with a crust on top to make line choice impossible, had to clear all the low slung branches to.

At least I can feel good about somebody else enjoying the trail after me.

Ha, it was actually fun once it got a litte steeper, plus the were a few good OTB's that made me laugh.

Jan. 4, 2017, 10:15 p.m.

Did a lap up old buck, JD and Boogie nights, was really grippy for the most part, I hit a couple slick patches and when going fast you get a bit of drift happening! I assume severed would be just as fun.

I wonder if Boogieman and pangor would be worth checking out.. I only saw a few foot tracks. Maybe not enough sustained steeps?

Jan. 5, 2017, 5:39 p.m.

Get out there. It's sweet! So good to be back on the bike. Severed is especially exciting.