Seymour 2016 Conditions (merged)

Nov. 16, 2016, 10:34 a.m.

From memory I am pretty sure you'll get denied doing a bunch of shuttle laps after the cones are up, but as stated they'll let you retrieve once.

Nov. 16, 2016, 11:33 a.m.

Thanks - what's the point of closing the road anyways? is it because it is a provincial park?

I'm not planning on doing a bunch of shuttle laps, was just thinking it might be a good way to do a solo night ride… park at the top, do a downhill lap and then climb back up the road so you don't get screwed if your light battery dies (i.e. you aren't caught in the middle of the forest).

Nov. 16, 2016, 1:28 p.m.

Thanks - what's the point of closing the road anyways? is it because it is a provincial park?

I'm not planning on doing a bunch of shuttle laps, was just thinking it might be a good way to do a solo night ride… park at the top, do a downhill lap and then climb back up the road so you don't get screwed if your light battery dies (i.e. you aren't caught in the middle of the forest).

I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
-Vanilla Ice

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Dec. 13, 2016, 3:52 p.m.

Colder temps mean the trails are rideable again after the messy slush from the weekend.

Crunchy and slippery, not as good as Friday in the fluffy stuff. Tricky maintaining traction on the steeper ups. Descent was great.

Rode Cardiac / Academy / RT / RTC / Pussyfoot / Penny Lane / GSM to JD - very rideable, I lost traction on a couple steeper bits so had to push (i.e. Christmas Corners)

Watch out for falling things. Heavy snow / ice and changing temps -[HTML_REMOVED] some trees have uprooted, branches and ice falling

Dec. 14, 2016, 6:42 p.m.

Colder temps mean the trails are rideable again after the messy slush from the weekend.

Crunchy and slippery, not as good as Friday in the fluffy stuff. Tricky maintaining traction on the steeper ups. Descent was great.

Rode Cardiac / Academy / RT / RTC / Pussyfoot / Penny Lane / GSM to JD - very rideable, I lost traction on a couple steeper bits so had to push (i.e. Christmas Corners)

Watch out for falling things. Heavy snow / ice and changing temps -[HTML_REMOVED] some trees have uprooted, branches and ice falling

Any trees down across the trail(s) along your route? I'm debating whether to head out with a bike or a saw…

Mike

Dec. 14, 2016, 10:05 p.m.

Rode again today and did 2 laps, Don't even bother trying to drop into corkscrew, it's unrideable imo. But Pingu was great, and JD was unreal same with Severed, I even gave empress a go but got scared at the end.. that last chute is covered in ice.

I pedaled up the road and was much faster, there's a few spots that could use a chainsaw, just before the powerlines dropping into severed, and another along bridal and a bunch up Old buck. I was actually planning on bringing a hand saw but forgot the bugger!

That was the most fun I've had on a bike in a while!

Dec. 19, 2016, 3:07 p.m.

So, Can we guestimate on how many days of rain it will take to wash away the snow?
I'd love to be on the bike for Wed afternoon.

Thoughts, guess's…..

Dec. 19, 2016, 5:42 p.m.

No snow until the 27th apparently.

Thread killer

Dec. 20, 2016, 10:23 a.m.

I live pretty close to the Seymour lot. The snow at my place is not melting very quickly at all. Will see what it looks like tonight but it was right around zero when I was shoveling the snow bank last night and it was pretty crusty again.

I think tomorrow would be quite optimistic.

Dec. 20, 2016, 1:42 p.m.

I live pretty close to the Seymour lot. The snow at my place is not melting very quickly at all. Will see what it looks like tonight but it was right around zero when I was shoveling the snow bank last night and it was pretty crusty again.

I think tomorrow would be quite optimistic.

Thanks Max,

Your right, the snow is no hurry to go.
Fingers crossed for Friday or Xmas Eve.

Dec. 21, 2016, 3:10 p.m.

A quick pedal around the lower demo forest (by the cemetery) tells me to bring your A-game and brand new tires! Frozen slush, ridable on the packed in walking trails, but don't bother going on any trails that haven't been packed down, and don't think you'll be slashing any berms at speed.

Dec. 22, 2016, 12:02 p.m.

Damn I was hoping to pedal a bit on the 26th/27th. On dirt.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 22, 2016, 12:04 p.m.

Go ride lower Lonsdale. No snow there. Stanley park forest might be clear.

Dec. 23, 2016, 12:35 a.m.

From a buddy who rode Dec 22:
Well let me tell ya little fella, we pushed up old buck witch was squishy, down to severed dont get bummed cause it's deep [HTML_REMOVED] sucky till you hit the trees [HTML_REMOVED] kind of start stop till u hit the trail head but that's where the fun syarts it a good rip , we pushed back up martin [HTML_REMOVED] cut into john deere asap its super fun bike all over the place fun

Dec. 25, 2016, 1:23 p.m.

I rode Bridle Path and High School League today. It's below zero out there so the trails are hard packed. I'd say about 80% is snow covered, 10% has ice and the other 10% is bare. However, it's very rideable. There were two trees down across the trails but I went back after to cut them so it should all be clear now.

It's a beautiful day out there - get out and enjoy it.