Seymour 2016 Conditions (merged)

June 2, 2016, 9:34 a.m.

If they eventually decide they want us to get involved, then I'll be there for a trail day(s) for sure. And we can have a beer afterwards :)

Trail work and beers always makes for a good day!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

June 2, 2016, 9:49 a.m.

Rode CBC last night between rainstorms. Was in way better shape than expected. Could definitely use some love but ran great. Top of Corkscrew to Neds, a personal fave…. everything was wet but traction was great.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

June 8, 2016, 8:12 a.m.

What's the story with Dirty Diapers? I rode it for the first time last night and there were trees down every 50 feet. Is it no longer actively maintained? It would be a nice way to continue from TNT to Ned's without the creek crossing.

Just to confirm, Dirty Diapers is in LSCR, correct?

June 8, 2016, 10:06 a.m.

Does anyone know who has been trying to do maintenance on John Deer in the last week or two? I'm the official TAP builder so trying to contact them.

Thank you.

Sustainable will be around forever.

June 8, 2016, 11:17 a.m.

Does anyone know who has been trying to do maintenance on John Deer in the last week or two? I'm the official TAP builder so trying to contact them.

Thank you.

The work you have done on this trail is great. Fantastic trail - Thank you.

I noticed on the very first rock roll someone had put a log in the hole a little over a week ago, but had been cleared the next time I rode. Even though I could ride the feature with the log added, I felt cheated as I still could not ride the original line as intended without the hole being filled in. Not certain if this is the type of maintenance being done on the trail you built or if there is more going on.

Might just be someone that doesn't realize making changes to a new and maintained trail is not actually a good thing.

Quick question. Is the bottom part going to stay natural or will it be buffed out like the upper section?

June 8, 2016, 11:29 a.m.

The work you have done on this trail is great. Fantastic trail - Thank you.

I noticed on the very first rock roll someone had put a log in the hole a little over a week ago, but had been cleared the next time I rode. Even though I could ride the feature with the log added, I felt cheated as I still could not ride the original line as intended without the hole being filled in. Not certain if this is the type of maintenance being done on the trail you built or if there is more going on.

Might just be someone that doesn't realize making changes to a new and maintained trail is not actually a good thing.

Quick question. Is the bottom part going to stay natural or will it be buffed out like the upper section?

Thank you :)

We'll be continuing to upgrade the trail to a sustainable standard as the "natural" sections degrade. The maintenance I'm talking about is some patching over mud holes.

Sustainable will be around forever.

Aug. 3, 2016, 8:30 p.m.

Roots [HTML_REMOVED] rock faces are very nice, but the dirt is getting loose. The rains may have helped things.

Thread killer

Aug. 7, 2016, 7:29 p.m.

Just a heads up that we got chased by a bear on TNT today. Wife was scoping lines down the rock rolls just a bit up from the cabin trail junction while I was below and a rather large black bear snuck up about 10 feet behind her and was very interested in us. We hopped on our bikes since it was downhill and sped away but the bear chased after us! (I know you are supposed to make yourself big and yell but this one snuck up on us and was very close so retreat seemed like a better option.) I'm guessing its a mum with some cubs nearby and didn't appreciate us hanging around. Cute though! Keep your head up if you are in the area.

Aug. 7, 2016, 8:19 p.m.

Just a heads up that we got chased by a bear on TNT today. Wife was scoping lines down the rock rolls just a bit up from the cabin trail junction while I was below and a rather large black bear snuck up about 10 feet behind her and was very interested in us. We hopped on our bikes since it was downhill and sped away but the bear chased after us! (I know you are supposed to make yourself big and yell but this one snuck up on us and was very close so retreat seemed like a better option.) I'm guessing its a mum with some cubs nearby and didn't appreciate us hanging around. Cute though! Keep your head up if you are in the area.

Probably wanted you to throw it a stick.
Glad everyone is OK

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Aug. 8, 2016, 10:52 a.m.

Man- Seymour, so much to offer!

Had a wicked ride yesterday on trail link ups I didn't know existed! Thanks to the very busy builders!

Sept. 27, 2016, 3:26 p.m.

Thumbs up to the trail fairies who have patched up a few spots near the start of Penny Lane with some fresh gold.

Nov. 16, 2016, 8:47 a.m.

Does the gate at the Mushroom lot get closed every night? if so, what time?

Nov. 16, 2016, 9:48 a.m.

Does the gate at the Mushroom lot get closed every night? if so, what time?

Gate to the lot doesn't usually close, they control access to the road at the bottom. Not sure exactly what time it closes but expect it at dark/dusk.

Nov. 16, 2016, 9:52 a.m.

Gate to the lot doesn't usually close, they control access to the road at the bottom. Not sure exactly what time it closes but expect it at dark/dusk.

So it's generally not possible to do shuttle laps with lights at this time of year? Once the ski hill opens the road must be open pretty late, no?

Nov. 16, 2016, 10:05 a.m.

So it's generally not possible to do shuttle laps with lights at this time of year? Once the ski hill opens the road must be open pretty late, no?

Gate (cones) set up at bottom of hill at 8pm now with someone taking plate numbers if you need to head up; will be set up later in evening once there is night skiing. Never had a problem recovering vehicle if you up there before they set up at bottom, not sure how keen they are for shuttlers to head up after 8.