Seymour 2016 Conditions (merged)

Jan. 20, 2016, 3:41 p.m.

time to get the game cameras out… why are there so many douches in mtb'ing?

Interesting. Was out there from 730-9am and didn't see or hear another rider. I don't understand what the appeal is when there are far better (drier, faster) trails to ride. I love slippy, slidey, fall line stuff but the middle of Seymour is not the place for it.

Jan. 20, 2016, 11:44 p.m.

The downed trees at the top of Ned's have been cleared.

I was just up there a couple hours ago (evening of January 20th) - there are 2 tree's still down on the top of neds, and one tree down between the start of dale's and ned's. (or before Dale's.. it was dark, not paying attention)

Jan. 21, 2016, 2:37 p.m.

On a related topic, saw Lee post this on a Facebook thread.

http://mtbtrails.ca/wet-weather-approved-trails/789

Jan. 21, 2016, 4:24 p.m.

I was just up there a couple hours ago (evening of January 20th) - there are 2 tree's still down on the top of neds, and one tree down between the start of dale's and ned's. (or before Dale's.. it was dark, not paying attention)

yeah i saw those trees on that side cut that drops you just below dale's and cut one of them out but left the other two for now as they could potentially be used as stringers and aren't causing any issues the way they are.

where are these other trees on ned's though? the two i cut out were right at the start of the trail just over that bridge and while i didn't venture down the trail from my point of view i didn't see anything down the first little bit of ned's.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 22, 2016, 5:41 p.m.

yeah i saw those trees on that side cut that drops you just below dale's and cut one of them out but left the other two for now as they could potentially be used as stringers and aren't causing any issues the way they are.

where are these other trees on ned's though? the two i cut out were right at the start of the trail just over that bridge and while i didn't venture down the trail from my point of view i didn't see anything down the first little bit of ned's.

Thanks for the saw work! The other tree's were 100-200 meters down Ned's. The remaining tree on Mushroom was across the trail, quite large. Not sure if it's the same your referring too. (Haven't been back up there since Wednesday, so not sure of current status)

Jan. 22, 2016, 5:54 p.m.

Thanks for the saw work! The other tree's were 100-200 meters down Ned's. The remaining tree on Mushroom was across the trail, quite large. Not sure if it's the same your referring too. (Haven't been back up there since Wednesday, so not sure of current status)

damnit - i thought about walking down the trail a bit too to see if there was anything else. i'm up there again tomorrow though so i'll go take them out.

hmm, the one on mushroom must be new, as it was clear in the morning when i went down there.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 24, 2016, 7:12 p.m.

Pinch Flat Alley…WTF!!

Not that it's a trail I ever enjoyed riding, but LSCR must have taken a large bulldozer in there and pulverised everything. It looks like an access road to a new sub-division!!

I thought LSCR were putting in a new trail??? There's no info on the website.
Oh well, at least it's an easy ride up to TNT/Cabin….

Jan. 25, 2016, 1:41 p.m.

Pinch Flat Alley…WTF!!

Not that it's a trail I ever enjoyed riding, but LSCR must have taken a large bulldozer in there and pulverised everything. It looks like an access road to a new sub-division!!

Wasn't there something about a jump trail going in there?

Pedaled up and did Corkscrew/Salvation/Pingu/Pangor yesterday. Trails running great, not really any mud, some water running on rock armored sections of Pangor but that's ok. The new wood berms and jumps on Pingu are really nice, thank you builders. Some nice work in progress on Salvation too from the looks of it.

Feb. 9, 2016, 7:11 p.m.

Rode Ned's this morning. Only one, really big tree down. Other than that good to go. No snow in sight either….

Feb. 9, 2016, 8:03 p.m.

I guess the climbing trails were in really bad shape yesterday judging by the amount of really expensive carbon enduro steeds that were on the back of vehicles stuck in a traffic jam from hell on the road up Seymour :D

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 9, 2016, 9:36 p.m.

Rode Ned's this morning. Only one, really big tree down. Other than that good to go. No snow in sight either….

where is it on Ned's? ie how far down the trail from the start?

Ellen Langer

Feb. 10, 2016, 2:18 p.m.

Pinch Flat Alley…WTF!!

http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/parks/ParksPublications/Enquist.pdf

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Feb. 16, 2016, 9:35 a.m.

where is it on Ned's? ie how far down the trail from the start?

It's about 1/3 of the way down or i guess not too long after dirty diapers intersection

Feb. 20, 2016, 3:01 p.m.

Tree down on pangor top of switchbacks above rock roll. Will need a chainsaw

Feb. 22, 2016, 5:17 p.m.

To hell with the chain saws time for some ladder bridges. Take what nature does to your trail and add a feature.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?