Seymour 2015 Conditions

Aug. 29, 2015, 8:50 p.m.

R[HTML_REMOVED]R, Penny, GSM, Dales, Forever, HSL

Fun loop, the upper part of Dales is tons of fun. The lower section is certainly old-school, however a good bit of slippery fun in the rain.

I removed most live/dead-fall around the trail, but this was early morning, so things certainly could have changed when the wind hit.

-Gord

Aug. 31, 2015, 11:06 a.m.

Large tree down on Dales right where the ride-around merges back with the big rock roll line. I posted a picture/report on Trailforks. Will need a chainsaw to deal with it.

Was surprised that was the only major tree down on our ride (Old Buck/Mushroom, Dales, Forever After, Bridle Path, Empress Bypass).

The dirt was nice (Sunday AM).

Sept. 2, 2015, 11:55 p.m.

Large tree down on Dales right where the ride-around merges back with the big rock roll line. I posted a picture/report on Trailforks. Will need a chainsaw to deal with it.

Was surprised that was the only major tree down on our ride (Old Buck/Mushroom, Dales, Forever After, Bridle Path, Empress Bypass).

The dirt was nice (Sunday AM).

No chainsaw ladder bridge time North Shore old school fix.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Sept. 3, 2015, 12:05 a.m.

No chainsaw ladder bridge time North Shore old school fix.

the pic says it's perfect for a little dropper.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 3, 2015, 12:46 p.m.

the pic says it's perfect for a little dropper.

It's within a few feet off that swamp, rock, and that large tree that's been down and a feature of the trail forever. I don't believe you could get down and still deal with all that, unless said feature went over top of all that as well.

¯\(?)

Sept. 3, 2015, 12:52 p.m.

It's within a few feet off that swamp, rock, and that large tree that's been down and a feature of the trail forever. I don't believe you could get down and still deal with all that, unless said feature went over top of all that as well.

¯\(?)

hmm, well i'll have to take a look as I put in the bypass around that large tree that went down back in like 2008 i think.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 5, 2015, 4 p.m.

Rode R[HTML_REMOVED]R, Penny Lane, GSM, Severed, AA, FA as well as pedalled around the spaghetti factory of trails on Lower Seymour (without ever really knowing where I was). Saw surprisingly few people on the trails today and most of them were climbing PL and GSM. Conditions are pretty damn good out there right now.

Nov. 20, 2015, 9:23 p.m.

Report any blowdowns on Trailforks please. The more precise you can be with location, the better.

Rode Severed and Forever After yesterday which I think was the day after the storm. Zero blowdown worth mentioning and what few pieces I saw I picked up easily. Either somebody went through and removed it all before me, in which case thanks, or we got lucky. There was a green carpet of needles but that was it. Also rode that piece of BP between Severed and Forever After which was also good. What is not down to luck is how well the trails are holding up in this crazy fall weather. I've ridden a few times after some monster rainfalls and you can literally count the puddles and eroded spots on the fingers of one hand. Props to the NSMBA and all the builders.

Nov. 21, 2015, 10:43 p.m.

Here it is, Niner.

Thread killer

Nov. 27, 2015, 11:24 p.m.

Tree down on cbuster just after the AA split.

Not a single puddle on the whole mtn. Conditions are prime, get out there!

Dec. 19, 2015, 4:35 p.m.

Tree down on cbuster just after the AA split.

The downed tree is still there.

Dec. 20, 2015, 3:11 p.m.

The downed tree is still there.

Not anymore more. We hiked in with a saw this afternoon, but someone beat us to it. :)

Dec. 21, 2015, 3:24 p.m.

Not anymore more. We hiked in with a saw this afternoon, but someone beat us to it. :)

Thanks for checking it out!

Our community is so awesome.

We would have been up there early but ski season started… and hasn't slowed down…

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Dec. 23, 2015, 7:57 p.m.

Anyone know what the snow is like on Seymour right now?

Dec. 23, 2015, 9:01 p.m.

Anyone know what the snow is like on Seymour right now?

judging from the snow line on the trees everything below the mushroom lot, aka vancouver picnic area (corkscrew lot) will be good. similarly pretty much everything on fromme should be fine.

Ellen Langer