Seymour 2015 Conditions

July 31, 2015, 10:55 p.m.

Does the gate at the Mushroom lot get closed each night?

Aug. 2, 2015, 10:49 p.m.

On C Buster there is a tree across the end of the canoe, just before the 'new' ladder off the log.

I couldn't figure out where it came from, as it is huge, but looks placed.

No damage to the structure.

Aug. 3, 2015, 8:13 a.m.

On C Buster there is a tree across the end of the canoe, just before the 'new' ladder off the log.

Saboteur on Seymour? I thought they stuck to fromme

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Aug. 3, 2015, 3:15 p.m.

It was deadfall,luckily nobody was around to get hit/hurt. I've cleared it out and also some other standing dead trees close by as well.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 3, 2015, 9:39 p.m.

Thanks for clearing everything today Syncro!

Aug. 4, 2015, 10:31 a.m.

i also put in this new skinny/log ride i've been thinking about for years.

i left it totally old school, no rungs and not topped/flattened. you'll have to be on your game to be able to nail it, particularly the uphill part, but it is doable.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 4, 2015, 10:44 a.m.

Rode CBC last night, first time this season. It is beat. Most of the armouring is falling apart so the upper section is like one big rock garden. Once you hit the woodwork near the swamp it is fun again. I noticed some orange flagging tape on some of the trees in the lower half which read "culvert" on it. Some big sign that said "team BC" or something too after the log ride, didn't get a chance to read the sign so not sure if it was related. Seems like maybe Metro has plans for that zone that don't include a bike trail? What was once a crown jewel trail now seems discarded, it will take a ton of work to bring it back if Metro ever lets us.
On a positive note ran into Syncro on Salvation, sounds like he has some cool plans for that trail, keeping some gnar on the shore! Also rode Boogieman for the first time. Wow that was fun! Classic shore, great stunts, the trail seemed to be in great shape too, perhaps from lack of traffic? That last rock face sure is gnarly! Woodwork is fun, I think there will be some upper oilcan and boundary in my future!

Aug. 7, 2015, 1:20 p.m.

First time down CBC and Boogieman for me last night, brought the DH bike for shuttling which was much appreciated (although CBC wasn't quite as chundery as I was expecting - I really liked the trail). I walked down some features on both trails which is motivating me to go back up and try again soon. We did another quick lap down Corkscrew/Salvation/Pingu/Pangor starting about 8:20 and racing the daylight, that was some high speed fun. Thank you to all involved in what looks like recent trail work on Boogieman and Pingu/Pangor.

Dirt was nice and grippy, some of the rocks and wood were a bit slippery from the moisture, but a welcome change all in all.

Thanks to Jeff (if you are on NSMB) for showing us around on the first lap.

Aug. 9, 2015, 11:51 a.m.

http://www.trailforks.com/report/22616/

Aug. 9, 2015, 11:52 a.m.

The Pangor logride is still closed though - still working on it!

Aug. 9, 2015, 12:09 p.m.

The Pangor logride is still closed though - still working on it!

hey Sven, if you ever need some help ripping beams let me know.

Ellen Langer

Aug. 9, 2015, 12:14 p.m.

Thanks. We've got it covered for now. Sean's using his mill. Cheers!

Aug. 9, 2015, 8:44 p.m.

Rode a trail I haven't for some time.

Ridge Runner to Mystery Creek.

Ridge Runner is a short, but fun natural loamer. It doesn't see much action and the over-growth reflects that, but it is quick and fun. I was able to ride it faster than I have in the past and I had a blast.

This is the kind of ride that reminds me why I am in love and obsessed with this sport.

Aug. 24, 2015, 7:19 a.m.

I saw a couple guys climbing the machine-built Upper Dales yesterday (Sunday) mid-morning. Not smart.

Aug. 26, 2015, 3:27 p.m.

Bears seen on Cambodia, on the level section about halfway down. Adult bear and one, perhaps two young cubs. Walking slowly south towards lower tnt and neds. Also last week saw a large recent bear scat on a nearby trail, probably from the same adult.