Seymour 2015 Conditions

May 19, 2015, 10:26 a.m.

Checked out Circuit 8 with the wife for the first time yesterday. Big thanks to all those who worked on it. She's a noob and hand't been out since last fall. The green bits are nice and smooth and the blue loop on the south side was good practice for her getting up/over roots. It was in great shape obviously.

Will have a look at Richard Juryn next time.

June 1, 2015, 1:33 p.m.

The weirdest thing happened yesterday… we rode Seymour. I don't know why we don't ride Seymour, but we don't. I guess we are just averse to places that (in our petty little minds) are often purveyour's of a shuttle-based environment.

Well… I eat crow.

Be, the Mrs. and the boy parked at Old Buck parking and spun our way up Old Buck (how remarkably gentle a climb that is), then up the non-finished part of Old-Buck (also not too bad, except the first pitch), then onto the road and over to Corkscrew.

Corkscrew was much fun - a great way to warm-up. Still pretty old school is-what-it-is trail. Finished on Incline chunder as it seems this portion is open to bikes, but not much maintenance. I think we should have gone Salvation/Pingu, but it was latish.

Then Upper Severed to C-Buster to Asian Adonis. My goodness, that was an excellent feast. Those rollers, this mini-doubles, the switchbacks. Needless to say, good times were had. Watched the boy case one bigger set of doubles and almost eject, but he pulled it together. Then across Penny Lane… great shape… onto bottom of Severed. That lower Severed was about as fun as Asian Adonis. All comfortably cleanable hitting it blind by our party of 3, but still so fun. Well built and maintained and great condition - perhaps getting a bit dusty, but tomorrow will help with that.

We finished on Empress after the Bridle Path pedal. Empress was awesome to hit some old school challenge when nicely warmed up and pumped for riding. The boy managed the first slab and then left down the first steep rough face. Blew my mind. He then hit the next more flowy slab. Then was done and walked the last couple challenges. The Mrs was a little chuffed, as she has now officially been "out-ridden" by her 10 year old boy - she knew it was gonna' happen, but it's still an "adjustment". She's still faster than him… With a quick scope, it was my turn and the Transition Patrol cleaned the whole thing, and inspired confidence. Nice thing about a trail like this, is it is what it is with less maintenance. You either ride the rock lines or you walk.

We'll be back. Thanks to the Seymour trail folks. That loop is prime.

July 2, 2015, 3:23 p.m.

Rode a few trails on Seymour on Canada Day…Forever After was kicking up a large amount of dust with just two of us riding….I couldn't help but wonder how much of a dust bowl it would be when the several hundred riders from BCBR go through it!

July 12, 2015, 1:08 p.m.

Rode a few trails on Seymour on Canada Day…Forever After was kicking up a large amount of dust with just two of us riding….I couldn't help but wonder how much of a dust bowl it would be when the several hundred riders from BCBR go through it!

Rode Forever After today… the rain has really helped things. Some damage to a couple of the very bottom corners by Bridle but otherwise was riding great.

July 13, 2015, 7:47 p.m.

Rode the new climber today….spectacular! A couple of tight switchbacks but totally rideable! Kudos to the trailbuilder…..tied it all together with a climb up old buck…down Severed..up Good Sir Martin..down Pangor and finished with Empresss. Nice change from a long climb up and quick descent!
We are very fortunate on the shore to have what we have!

July 14, 2015, 5:10 p.m.

Rode up Sir Martin last night aswell…well walked some of it to admire the craftsmanship. Beautiful trail, well done folks. It made the otherwise trudge up Old Buck a hell of a lot more fun!

July 15, 2015, 1:53 p.m.

fantastic climb from Academy up. Kudos to Martin and Penny and everyone involved in building/buffing out that route. :smokey:

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

July 17, 2015, 11:25 a.m.

Thank you to Martin and Penny (who I think were chilling with beers watching folks enjoy their hard work last night?) and everyone else for the climbing trail. We did Old Buck/AA/Penny Lane/GSM/Pangor last night. The climb trail is awesome, looking forward to doing multi lap loops on the regular in that area now.

July 17, 2015, 2:10 p.m.

Thank you to Martin and Penny (who I think were chilling with beers watching folks enjoy their hard work last night?) and everyone else for the climbing trail. We did Old Buck/AA/Penny Lane/GSM/Pangor last night. The climb trail is awesome, looking forward to doing multi lap loops on the regular in that area now.

That was them. I rode that again too. Brilliant little climb. I descended the new Dales trail. Holy highway! Fun but a distinctly different character to what was there before and what follows and everything else on Seymour. It is fun it's not a bad thing but I would have done it differently.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 20, 2015, 10:23 p.m.

That was them. I rode that again too. Brilliant little climb. I descended the new Dales trail. Holy highway! Fun but a distinctly different character to what was there before and what follows and everything else on Seymour. It is fun it's not a bad thing but I would have done it differently.

Haven't tried the new Dales yet. Is the crazy cliff line still in or can you ride around it now? Thanks.

July 20, 2015, 10:27 p.m.

There's a ride around.

July 21, 2015, 7:44 a.m.

Has the top of Dale's had work done? Haven't been on that for a while. Kudos to all who've been spending time working on Seymour, btw. Amazing place to ride. I'll be pitching in on the next trail day.:rocker::rocker:

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

July 21, 2015, 7:54 a.m.

Has the top of Dale's had work done? Haven't been on that for a while. Kudos to all who've been spending time working on Seymour, btw. Amazing place to ride. I'll be pitching in on the next trail day.:rocker::rocker:

Looks like trail days have been suspended until September due to the fire hazard. I too will be there when they start again.

July 26, 2015, 5:43 p.m.

Logride on Pangor closed temporarily.

Both exit ramps are rotted out, and the log is listing to port. Needs major rework and some propping up.

http://www.trailforks.com/report/21631/

July 31, 2015, 6:55 p.m.

Across the new bridge after the canoe. 8-10"

On another note, I checked and there's still plenty of gnar left on lower CBuster for all the flow haters out there!