Seymour 2015 Conditions

March 29, 2015, 6:18 p.m.

Rock Roll is open for business.

http://www.trailforks.com/report/10222/

March 29, 2015, 9:20 p.m.

Built Like the Master Builder builds Heckler!

More puddles drained, at the R[HTML_REMOVED]R/Applicator exit.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

March 29, 2015, 9:33 p.m.

Built Like the Master Builder builds Heckler!

There was some inspiration there. It's yellow cedar, which DOES NOT SPLIT, so I ended milling most of the day.

March 31, 2015, 8:20 p.m.

Looking at the Seymour map on trailforks now:
- the new penny lane trail, is the idea to ride asian adonis and then take penny lane over to ride the bottom of severed?
- I think that "RT connector" trail is new too, right? According to trailforks this is supposed to be ridden east to west (uphill) - is this so that you can do the academy climb, then take a right at rapid transit and then take the RT connector over to ride the bottom of C-buster? or does trailforks just have the direction wrong?

March 31, 2015, 8:33 p.m.

Looking at the Seymour map on trailforks now:
- the new penny lane trail, is the idea to ride asian adonis and then take penny lane over to ride the bottom of severed?
- I think that "RT connector" trail is new too, right? According to trailforks this is supposed to be ridden east to west (uphill) - is this so that you can do the academy climb, then take a right at rapid transit and then take the RT connector over to ride the bottom of C-buster? or does trailforks just have the direction wrong?

RT connector is signed as bi-directional. However, my preference is to only use it as the east-west climber from Academy and then head down C-Buster to the BP/Bridle junction (or climb up to Penny Lane now). For west-east, better (more fun) to climb up the knoll and descend Applicator.

March 31, 2015, 10:12 p.m.

I was trying to find RT connector at the top of R[HTML_REMOVED]R and screwed up. What the hell did I miss?

March 31, 2015, 10:24 p.m.

I was trying to find RT connector at the top of R[HTML_REMOVED]R and screwed up. What the hell did I miss?

Turn left at top of R[HTML_REMOVED]R. Then after a very short flat distance look for the trail on the right.

April 9, 2015, 8:54 p.m.

Gnomer - gone in the night !

Nice knowing you buddy - you will be missed
- always harder than you looked

It looked like some gold was going in a few muddy spots and the whole trail gets kai -boshed -

Any chance of a new trail to hook-up with forever after?

April 9, 2015, 9:44 p.m.

Is CBC still closed for the winter or is it open this year due to the unusual weather?

April 9, 2015, 10:36 p.m.

It looked like some gold was going in a few muddy spots and the whole trail gets kai -boshed -

Very sad, this was my favorite way to add a bonus round on a ride and get over to the west side. Hopefully an alternative in the works.

April 10, 2015, 9:08 a.m.

Yes unfortunate. I also knew of many people who started on Dales and even BP into Forever After and exited on this trail when they realized Forever After was too difficult for them.

I thought it was the start of the successive loops being created in that area to enhance the cross country and beginner state of Lower Seymour.

Hopefully the NSMBA can continue to work on establishing this connection. Seems strange for it suddenly to be closed considering how long it has been there.

April 10, 2015, 11:47 a.m.

Yes unfortunate. I also knew of many people who started on Dales and even BP into Forever After and exited on this trail when they realized Forever After was too difficult for them.

I thought it was the start of the successive loops being created in that area to enhance the cross country and beginner state of Lower Seymour.

Hopefully the NSMBA can continue to work on establishing this connection. Seems strange for it suddenly to be closed considering how long it has been there.

the "rule" per sey is that no new trails are allowed to be built without the land managers permission. was gnomer built with the land owner's permission? i'm not 100% sure, but i don't think it was. same fate for lola.

even though i've never ridden it from what i've heard i do agree that it's unfortunate that it's gone for the reasons you mentioned.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 10, 2015, 11:57 a.m.

There will be a trail day tomorrow on the steep entrance section of Severed. Please avoid this piece of trail if possible. Thank you.

If you'd like to lend a hand we're meeting at Old Buck lot at 9am. We'll give you a free lunch!

Sustainable will be around forever.

April 10, 2015, 12:39 p.m.

http://nsmba.ca/content/2015-01_2015-town-hall-meeting-april-15

Town hall this Wednesday would be the right place to find out the plan and ask questions.

April 10, 2015, 12:41 p.m.

And holy smoke, heres a pretty good answer to many other questions.

http://www.nsmba.ca/nsmba-101-0