Seymour 2015 Conditions

March 2, 2015, 8:05 a.m.

Yes, looks good. I saw the work where AA crosses over C-Buster and then continues down to BP.

Not certain if it will be a two way trail up to that point, but it makes for a great loop to climb BP from the kiosk, to what would be the lower part of AA, then climb lower AA to C-Buster, then down the bottom of C-Buster, up Immonator, then loops around RT-Extension, Salamander, and now R[HTML_REMOVED]R.

That whole area is super fun, short little punchy technical climbs with fun descents.

Excellent trails and fantastic work by the builders.

Thank you.

March 2, 2015, 6:29 p.m.

Looks like another excellent climbing trail :P

March 3, 2015, 8 a.m.

Not certain if it will be a two way trail up to that point, but it makes for a great loop to climb BP from the kiosk, to what would be the lower part of AA, then climb lower AA to C-Buster, then down the bottom of C-Buster, up Immonator, then loops around RT-Extension, Salamander, and now R[HTML_REMOVED]R.

That whole area is super fun, short little punchy technical climbs with fun descents.

Excellent trails and fantastic work by the builders.

Thank you.

I've been climbing AA up to C-Buster, the new Severed D entrance to the powerline then loop to the old Severd D entrance. Holy cow is that a FUN loop ! Getting to the top of Severed D without riding to Old Buck is a fantastic quick early weekend morning loop then get home to the family.

I don't know if AA was intended to have anyone climb it, but, it is one fun climbing trail. Seems that there was a need for a climbing trail on that side.

Seriously . . . the North Shore trails just get better and better !

March 3, 2015, 8:19 a.m.

This trail is built and designed as a descent, hence the berms and jumps. If you want to climb it givr but respect the nature if the trail and in this situation it would be wise to yield to the intended downhill user.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

March 3, 2015, 9:11 a.m.

I've been climbing AA up to C-Buster, the new Severed D entrance to the powerline then loop to the old Severd D entrance. Holy cow is that a FUN loop ! Getting to the top of Severed D without riding to Old Buck is a fantastic quick early weekend morning loop then get home to the family.

I don't know if AA was intended to have anyone climb it, but, it is one fun climbing trail. Seems that there was a need for a climbing trail on that side.

Seriously . . . the North Shore trails just get better and better !

Agreed on the fun factor. I have only climbed AA once, that was a while back before it's popularity sky-rocketed. Back then it was hike a bike up end of C-Buster, then up C-Buster to AA, up AA top of AA and onto C-Buster. Did this to find out where it began. Also had a granny gear on the bike at the time. Don't think I could do it with the current 1x10 setup.

I was still using the BP to lower AA to C-Buster loops, but might have to reconsider or be real careful with AA traffic bombing down. I would definitely yield to a downhill rider if I was climbing lower AA.

Need to get myself over to Fromme to explore the Dempsey area more, but having way too much fun on the Seymour. First world problems.

March 10, 2015, 7:58 p.m.

Also getting loose [HTML_REMOVED] dry on Seymour (like the Cypress thread). Sounds weird to say for this time of year, but we could use some rain to get the tackiness back. Props to the builders on Boogie. Steep ramp is…Steep!

Thread killer

March 11, 2015, 8:16 a.m.

I sure hope anyone who climbs a descending trail is really listening for bikes. The dh rider on AA can be going really fast and there isn't always long sight lines giving one time or space to pull over. It's like climbing a narrow Aline.

If one wants a climbing trail, get involved with the NSMBA, go through the proper channels and put in labour building. I think it would be way safer than climbing AA.

March 11, 2015, 9:21 a.m.

Speaking of ripping down AA, I got out for a night lap of it last night. So good! Major thanks to all that have worked on it!

March 11, 2015, 12:56 p.m.

Also getting loose [HTML_REMOVED] dry on Seymour (like the Cypress thread). Sounds weird to say for this time of year, but we could use some rain to get the tackiness back. Props to the builders on Boogie. Steep ramp is…Steep!

ya I noticed that. Both times that its been rebuilt recently, its gotten steeper. I wonder what was wrong with teh last version? Looks like lots of peeps are running it out into the woods.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

March 11, 2015, 1:03 p.m.

I wonder what was wrong with teh last version?

Rotten stringers IIRC

Sustainable will be around forever.

March 11, 2015, 5:03 p.m.

I sure hope anyone who climbs a descending trail is really listening for bikes. The dh rider on AA can be going really fast and there isn't always long sight lines giving one time or space to pull over. It's like climbing a narrow Aline.

If one wants a climbing trail, get involved with the NSMBA, go through the proper channels and put in labour building. I think it would be way safer than climbing AA.

What she said

March 11, 2015, 10:28 p.m.

started climbing it a few momths back, now only doing so on early morning weekend rides. Not a lot coming down it at 8 am on Sat. But, did ride it mid day a while back, a few groups coming down. The other riders were cool, but I felt tike a bit of an ass.

I've put in labour building, but don't have time to get involved enough to push the agenda of a west side Seymour climbing trail.

March 12, 2015, 12:09 a.m.

started climbing it a few momths back, now only doing so on early morning weekend rides. Not a lot coming down it at 8 am on Sat.

Other way to decide on a choice of action, ask yourself…. if everyone did what I am about to do, would it make things better or worse?

:agree:

March 12, 2015, 12:45 a.m.

^^^^ You're good.

Hence why I felt like an ass climbing it with people coming down and I'm now only climbing it early. If it's busy when I'm on trails, I'll go over and climb OB. If AA starts seeing people coming down it early, I'll stop.

Not trying to act entitled. Just as I felt it okay to hike with the dogs up Expresso at 9pm last week and down Pipeline, unless it gets busy or my climb is ruining the trail, I don't see an issue in riding up AA early morning before riders are descending. I know, I know…. I shouldn't be hiking up Expresso… the grand total of three riders tht have passed me later in the evenings over the past month leaves me comfortable in my choice. Can see those lights well in advance.

But, I welcome other opinions and perspectives.

March 15, 2015, 8:33 p.m.

New exit on C-buster canoe! Don't worry the chinky old skool line is still there and we put more duff in the hole that were forming.

We also filled in some more mudholes.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram