Seymour 2014 Conditions

June 24, 2014, 1:55 p.m.

Keep the rock face and cut the cheater route, Dales will be a ghost trail.

:canada:

June 24, 2014, 6:02 p.m.

Actually D(C), that's not quite right. The course is going in at the new entrance to Severed, then switching right at BP. Mark and Digger have smoothed BP out a fair bit but it's still nice and techy. Then it switches to a new connector back to the powerlines for a very short section before dropping into Forever After.

Will this become a new access point to Forever After for the general public or is this route just specifically for the BCBR?

June 25, 2014, 9:13 a.m.

Will this become a new access point to Forever After for the general public or is this route just specifically for the BCBR?

It'll be there forever

Sustainable will be around forever.

June 25, 2014, 9:21 a.m.

I was just visiting, so I may have got the trail wrong. But there is a 14-22cm tree with jabbers at about neck level on a blind rock chute on what I think is Dirty Diapers. It's in a spot right before it meets up with Ned's. Right when the trail dips over a creek or something and starts to go uphill (coming from CBC). I thought I was on TNT… But I think I somehow made it to dirty diapers? Otherwise, it's on TNT.

Barely noticed it in time.

June 28, 2014, 5:52 p.m.

The Baden Powell is the oldest trail on the North Shore so I don't imagine it going anywhere.

Hopefully some sort of conflict mitigation has occurred, I know a lot of people who hike this trail and appreciate that they never had to worry about mountain bikers while on it.

June 29, 2014, 11:17 a.m.

More woodwork gone on CBC? :(

Is the zig zag skinny by the drop going to be replaced now that its been yanked out? I love trying to make that stupid thing.

June 29, 2014, 1:40 p.m.

The Baden Powell is the oldest trail on the North Shore so I don't imagine it going anywhere.

Hopefully some sort of conflict mitigation has occurred, I know a lot of people who hike this trail and appreciate that they never had to worry about mountain bikers while on it.

That part of BP is quite lightly traveled by hikers.

July 3, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

Rode Dirty Diapers for the first time the other day. Fun technical trail, albeit awkward in a few spots. Much more interesting way to get to neds from cbc than mushroom. There are two really large trees down on it but judging by the number of riders using that trail probably no one cares.

July 22, 2014, 7:33 p.m.

Tonight was my first pass on the recent work on Severed. I like.
Be warned there is a fairly large tree fallen across the trail towards the bottom, part way between the last steep section and where it meets the Bridle Path.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

July 22, 2014, 9:04 p.m.

Thanks for the heads up, I nipped up tonight and chopped it out, all good to go!

Sustainable will be around forever.

July 22, 2014, 10:41 p.m.

First time taking the BP route down to Forever After this weekend (same route from the BC Bike Race) - that section of BP is actually a pretty fun piece of trail IMO. I had never ridden it before because I was always under the impression it was a rugged hiking trail that wouldn't be fun on a bike but I thought it was great. Had any work been done on this to make it more appropriate for bikes (aside from the connector back to the powerlines to get to Forever After) or had it always been like this? I noticed that it seemed to get a lot more rugged after the exit out to the powerlines.

Aug. 18, 2014, 9:13 a.m.

Tree has fallen across the trail at the bottom of Pingu.

Sept. 3, 2014, 1:14 p.m.

Might head up for a loop tonight. Will Dale's/New Aftertaste need an extra day after the rain from yesterday or would it be good to go today? I've only ridden it bone-dry and not sure if the updated trail was designed to handle wet weather riding….

Sept. 3, 2014, 1:46 p.m.

Might head up for a loop tonight. Will Dale's/New Aftertaste need an extra day after the rain from yesterday or would it be good to go today? I've only ridden it bone-dry and not sure if the updated trail was designed to handle wet weather riding….

Might see you up there. Was going to try TNT into that.

Not certain on the trail condition, have been riding some trails lower down. The key as always ride don't slide.

Sept. 3, 2014, 2:08 p.m.

Dale's is good to go, might be a couple of mucky spots but we'll get to those later this year… enjoy ;)

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding