Seymour 2014 Conditions

May 15, 2014, 11:06 a.m.

^^^

yes, exclusive is maybe not the best word to use, but it's just the way the conversation had flowed. i don't know if every trail should be open to everyone though; if you can't ride it then maybe it makes more sense to not ride it until one can. i don't see that as exclusionary, entitlement or arrogance at all but an acceptance that one is simply not ready for a certain challenge - yet.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 15, 2014, 11:33 a.m.

sync i think dales still fulfills the purpose/vision you are outlining quite well. i went riding with an old friend last weekend, a very fit and capable rider who had bad memories of the last time he rode dales many years ago. he loved it when we rode it this time, appreciated the ride around, and was super stoked to be in a new area of the mountain; it was a great ride. he watched me ride the rockline just past the ride around - and then went back the next day, screwed up his courage, and hit it for the first time: progression!

yes all of the maintenance and effort going into the trails is making them more accessible. but on the flip side many trails and features still provide a high degree of challenge, and (at least in my riding lifetime) the trails in general have never been in better shape

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 15, 2014, 12:11 p.m.

I only ride park

:canada:

May 16, 2014, 10:38 a.m.

Can we talk about Severed Dick? The new trail work is out standing! Many peeps were checking out the flowey fun nature of this trail.
Huge props to the builders!

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

May 16, 2014, 11:05 a.m.

Can we talk about Severed Dick? The new trail work is out standing! Many peeps were checking out the flowey fun nature of this trail.

I agree! Severed is awesome these days. Severed, Shorn, lower Cbuster, Crosstown, Salamander… is a super fun, mostly downhill lap for minimal effort pedaling up.

May 16, 2014, 11:07 a.m.

Did anyone see the pics on Facebook today? Is there a new entrance off the power lines so that you avoid the BP?

May 16, 2014, 11:25 a.m.

Are there any plans in the works to clean up the bottom of Severed ?

May 16, 2014, 11:27 a.m.

I agree! Severed is awesome these days. Severed, Shorn, lower Cbuster, Crosstown, Salamander… is a super fun, mostly downhill lap for minimal effort pedaling up.

Crosstown - which trail is this ?

Thanks!

May 16, 2014, 12:06 p.m.

Thank you. It's taken a year to get to this point and my vision of more flow and fun on Severed has now become a reality :)

Crosstown - which trail is this?

They're talking about "Rapid Transit".

Did anyone see the pics on Facebook today? Is there a new entrance off the power lines so that you avoid the BP?

That would be a good idea wouldn't it?!

Are there any plans in the works to clean up the bottom of Severed ?

I'm working with Different Bikes and NSride this year on the trail (it's amazing how quickly work gets done with a dozen people!). The first 2 trail days are complete, the remaining 3 trail days will be working on the bottom section. I hope to have the whole trail rejuvenated by the end of the year.

The next trail day is June 1st if you want to lend a hand!

Sustainable will be around forever.

May 16, 2014, 1:16 p.m.

Yes. Rapid Transit. The dementia is setting in…

Thanks for the efforts on Severed Skip.

May 16, 2014, 2:13 p.m.

What concerns me when I hear the word 'exclusive' is that this requires 'exclusion' to be part of its fundamental definition-the yin to the yang. To me, exclusive equals entitlement and this is a form of arrogance. For example, building a trail, then keeping the entrance and exit closed and only known to the 'elite' few. Unless you are building on your own private land, the trail is for all to use.

So you're saying Digger is entitled and arrogant for keeping the Bookwus entrance closed? I dunno man, expecting every builder to volunteer and their time and money and to conform just exactly to your style of building seems a little…

Arrogant: having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities

May 16, 2014, 2:16 p.m.

Looks like the Dale's re-route around the steep rock section has been shut down unfortunately. For those of you riding the steep rock section - do you ride the steep route on the right side or do you sort of take a wide left and go down that way (this way seems a little safer). I don't think I would attempt this with an AM bike and an XC lid but on a DH bike and wearing a full face I don't think it would be too big of a deal.

May 16, 2014, 2:31 p.m.

wide left, then back across right (rather than straight down). Hard to describe. It was the 'old' chicken line.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 16, 2014, 2:53 p.m.

wide left, then back across right (rather than straight down). Hard to describe. It was the 'old' chicken line.

I think I know what you are saying… I walked it yesterday and was thinking "this isn't as bad as I thought" (referring to the line you are describing) - I usually ride solo though, with an XC lid and minimal gear though so prob not the best idea to test it out.

May 16, 2014, 3:44 p.m.

the area has changed a bit but I go the way this guy is going

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40