Seymour 2014 Conditions

March 11, 2014, 9:46 p.m.

there's a tree down on the lower/downhill part of greenland at ~head height. i pulled a bunch of branches off, so you can duck and ride through, but its a descent sized number

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 12, 2014, 2:22 p.m.

Lapped Severed and Dales last night. Surprisingly dry and tacky with occasional puddles

March 12, 2014, 10:19 p.m.

It's like powder days for biking out there. Get it while you can.

March 13, 2014, 10:22 a.m.

Great work on Severed!

The top section is like butter and the new berms on the descent are loads of fun.

Well done, that trail is night and day from a year ago.

March 13, 2014, 10:41 a.m.

Great work on Severed!
The top section is like butter and the new berms on the descent are loads of fun.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it :clap:
Different Bikes [HTML_REMOVED] NSride are joining in the fun on Severed this year as TAP adopters so there'll be trail days and more trail love!

Sustainable will be around forever.

March 13, 2014, 10:54 a.m.

Great work on Severed!

i concur. a fantastic update.

March 13, 2014, 1:37 p.m.

Lapped Severed and Dales last night. Surprisingly dry and tacky with occasional puddles

ya weird eh, i guess everything was pretty dry and sucked up all the heavy rain we had last week

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

March 13, 2014, 1:40 p.m.

ya weird eh, i guess everything was pretty dry and sucked up all the heavy rain we had last week

Not really so weird…a lot of the work we've done on Severed has been water management. :-)

March 13, 2014, 2:32 p.m.

I'm certainly not complaining!

Kudos to everyone involved w/ the trail work! :rocker:

March 13, 2014, 4:36 p.m.

Awesome work on Severed!

I checked out a Trek Remedy Demo 650b from Obsession bikes. Nice bike!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

March 13, 2014, 8:53 p.m.

can some one explain where salamander runs? I found the start ( i think on Bridal). Also there is some new one way trails ( new to me at least) is there any others? Forever after? I dont recal sticks and stones crossing Bridal either? I have only done the "bottom" loop of it. Lots of great new work up there.:clap:. Today was a great ride, legs and lungs in full protest. Conditions as mentioned were awesome.

WTF, Over?

March 13, 2014, 11:16 p.m.

can some one explain where salamander runs? I found the start ( i think on Bridal). Also there is some new one way trails ( new to me at least) is there any others? Forever after? I dont recal sticks and stones crossing Bridal either? I have only done the "bottom" loop of it. Lots of great new work up there.:clap:. Today was a great ride, legs and lungs in full protest. Conditions as mentioned were awesome.

Salamander runs from near the 'noticeboard' on Bridal to, more or less, the start of Sticks N Stones if you are travelling west to east along Bridal. (So, basically, just an elongated loop off Bridal)

You can ride Salamander either direction - both ends start with a climb to a high point in the middle, where the 'Rapid Transit' trail joins. Rapid Transit is a connector from near the end of C Buster (At a junction low down on C Buster, take the right trail which leads directly back to the notice board on bridal or go left, and climb the end of C Buster to a lookout then descend to Rapid Transit into Salamander)

There are two short one-way/climb only sections along BP if you are heading from Hyannis to Old Buck. IF you are going the opposite way, you should just take the old trail.

Hope this helps!

March 14, 2014, 12:29 a.m.

^^^^^thanks. Great info. I was not going the opposite way. But i need to do more exploring up there. I have not heard of rapid transit either.

WTF, Over?

March 14, 2014, 12:02 p.m.

^^^^^thanks. Great info. I was not going the opposite way. But i need to do more exploring up there. I have not heard of rapid transit either.

This should help you out. Maps are available at the local bike shops. or as an App
here: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/locals-guide-to-north-shore/id524920272?mt=8

10% of App proceeds to the NSMBA!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

March 14, 2014, 2:41 p.m.

10% of App proceeds to the NSMBA!

Sharon, do any of the Book's proceeds also go to the NSMBA?