Seymour 2014 Conditions

Feb. 22, 2014, 9:26 p.m.

Conditions were fantastic. Ended up riding the lower trails off of old buck. Cleared S[HTML_REMOVED]S except for the very end which was pretty good as I didn't have a granny gear.

For those riding tomorrow, might be a sizable amount of snow.

Feb. 23, 2014, 2:22 p.m.

Fresh tracks for me on Salamander, Sticks and Stones and Bottletop! No sign on any Fatbikes out there :-). Snow varies from about 5" out in the open to bare dirt under heavy canopy. A couple of trees and branches down, notably the section of BP between the two new climbing loops. Lots of over hanging branches sagging under the weight of snow so practice your limbo skills…

Feb. 23, 2014, 3:19 p.m.

4-12 inches (yes really) on old buck and BP so it was hike-a-bike for our fresh tracks this morning but it was rideable from exit of incline to BP turn to severed. Severed was fun but had to keep stopping for sagging branches. Good clean fun ;)

Sustainable will be around forever.

Feb. 26, 2014, 9:59 a.m.

Anyone been up since the weekend?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 26, 2014, 12:11 p.m.

I rode up from Riverside Drive up to Hyannis Point and then across to the end of Bridle and down Empress Bypass (Tuesday the 25th around 6pm).
Ankle deep slush everywhere and a few downed trees. Riding was tough; I would recommend spikes if you are really motivated.

Feb. 26, 2014, 2:34 p.m.

Went from Mushroom today, there's at least a foot of snow and pretty unrideable.

Feb. 27, 2014, 5:24 p.m.

Still lots of snow on Bridle. When it all clears there will be plenty of branch clearing, few trees down as well.

Feb. 27, 2014, 8:04 p.m.

I hiked up tonight. Looks like it's fairly ridable at bridle path level but it quickly gets to 2-3 inches of heavy slush as you go above that. 3-4 inches at top of Severed and not really worth trying to ride yet.

Sustainable will be around forever.

March 1, 2014, 12:57 a.m.

Went for a walk with the saw and cleared some branches today. Bridal is all ride able, as well as lower Severed, Shorn, Salamander, and C buster. If it stays warm, most trails below Mushroom should be clear soon.

March 3, 2014, 9:43 a.m.

Rode from Mushroom lot yesterday. 3-4 inches in the lot. 1st lap was Corkscrew to Dales to Forever. Patches of snow here and there but overall pretty rideable.

2nd lap we pushed up to TNT, which had quite a bit more snow. Severed is good to go w/ some patches as well.

March 8, 2014, 8:46 a.m.

Friday March 7:

Rode up old buck to Pingu entrance. Down Pingu Pangor.

Almost no snow. Just a little bit left at top of Pingu, probably gone now.

VERY Wet conditions. Puddles and flowing water in all the places you'd expect to see it.

One tree had been pushed over on Pangor near the start of the second half of the trail. If you ride it, take a saw if you have one. It won't be hard to clear.

Sundays weather forecast is looking good. Hit the bike show today, ride tomorrow.

March 8, 2014, 1:51 p.m.

Got out this morning before the rain, and everything is running well. Minimal snow on the power lines and a bit at the very entrance to Ned's.

One thing of concern: there's a huge tree that looks like it was blown over, but got caught up in a bunch of other trees and didn't come all the way down. It's precariously suspended above the first climbing only section on Bridle on the way back from Hyannis. Not sure who to alert for that.

Ride, don't slide.

March 8, 2014, 2:34 p.m.

No idea at all who to alert? :)

Can you explain context a bit more pls? What direction, what climb.

Ha! D'oh, not even thinking!

On Bridal, coming from Hyannis it's the first of the newish uphill only climbs. Pass the exit of forever after, do the log ride and then the climb. It's pretty sizable. Maybe three or four foot diameter trunk near the base?

Ride, don't slide.

March 8, 2014, 3:49 p.m.

Is it actually obstructing?
There was a severe leaner that looked questionable but didn't obstruct the trail.
Maybe its shifted.
Was just beside the only wood bridge.

That's the one. It's not obstructing, I just never noticed before how severe the lean was.

Ride, don't slide.

March 10, 2014, 9:46 a.m.

No snow from Mushroom down. Pretty wet though.

:canada: