Seymour 2013 Conditions

May 13, 2013, 11:18 a.m.

The nice weather has brought out the douchebags too, a couple of cars were broken into in the mushroom lot just before we arrived.

Should organize a bait car up there… dispense some justice.

May 13, 2013, 5:49 p.m.

Should organize a bait car up there… dispense some justice.

Wear a bear suit when said justice is dispensed. Yeah officer this fucking bear came out of nowhere swear to god and clubbed the guy.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 19, 2013, 7:36 a.m.

Tree down on Baden Powell along the climb up to Severed,Neds. About 10 meters from the intersection with Old Buck, and about 2 meters from the armored climb section. Will need a saw to remove, too heavy to push.

May 25, 2013, 2:12 p.m.

does anyone know when CBC opens?? Thanks!

May 28, 2013, 8:37 p.m.

High School Trail is sweeeet bermy pumpy goodness. Too bad it's not longer.

May 30, 2013, 8:44 a.m.

Do we think the trails are too wet to ride today?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

May 30, 2013, 9:44 a.m.

Is CBC open now?

May 30, 2013, 10:11 a.m.

Is CBC open now?

http://nsmba.ca/

yes

May 30, 2013, 11:05 a.m.

http://nsmba.ca/

yes

Thanks!

May 30, 2013, 1:11 p.m.

Is CBC open now?

CBC would've been killer last night!

May 31, 2013, 11:22 p.m.

5 cars got their windows smashed at the mushroom lot tonight. Seemed more like a vandal, as they didn't take anything. Only one car had their stuff rooted through.

One truck had 2 windows smashed.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

June 1, 2013, 8:31 a.m.

5 cars got their windows smashed at the mushroom lot tonight. Seemed more like a vandal, as they didn't take anything. Only one car had their stuff rooted through.

Sounds like a pretty bizarre location for some random vandalism… someone would have had to drive all the way up there to do this. You think if it was just some shithead kids that they would be more likely to do something like this in a more accessible location. Wonder what the story is here?

June 1, 2013, 9 a.m.

One of the trucks smashed belonged to a friend of mine. They talked to the cops afterward, and they said for the most part they're doing a really quick smash and grab looking for bags, hoping to find electronics in them.

There was a wallet sitting in the center console and they didn't even take it, either they were really stupid or were in fact only targeting one thing (and yes, I think leaving a wallet exposed in a car is also stupid). I can see how it would seem like vandalism, but I agree with B_D and think that it's an unlikely location for it to happen.

The other thing the cops said was keep your eyes peeled for people who are lurking who don't appear to be biking or hiking. I have run into some pretty bizarre people up in the mountains, and will usually try to strike up a conversation with somebody if they look out of place just for my own piece of mind. If you see someone looking sketchy in a car, it doesn't hurt to mark down a make/model/plates. I can think of some pretty sketchy looking mtbikers, but at least I know what they're up there doing…

The shittiest part for my buddy is that it was his first ride in over a year. It's always tough to get him out, and this isn't going to help!

June 2, 2013, 2:50 a.m.

This reminds me of when Jeremy had his Volvo wagon windows smashed with a big rock and all they took was his dirty pants. I know I don't leave anything in my car, but it would still suck to have to deal with a smashed window, especially if it was later and raining. Seriously, if you want money, just wash our bikes and lube em up after,
might be safer too. I can only assume what would happen if a bunch of armoured bikers, just finishing an adrenaline ride would do if they caught "them" even looking in the windows from this point on….

Re: "5 cars got their windows smashed at the mushroom lot tonight. Seemed more like a vandal, as they didn't take anything. Only one car had their stuff rooted through.

One truck had 2 windows smashed."

June 3, 2013, 7:48 a.m.

CBC was very slick yesterday, be careful. Should be prime this week though with the coming sunshine.

Thread killer