Seymour 2013 Conditions

Feb. 23, 2013, 7:07 p.m.

seymour was awesome today! i :heart: salamander/sticksnstones/bottletop

Feb. 23, 2013, 7:30 p.m.

Hopefully this doesn't fall into the "no trail directions" category, but say if you finished Ned's [HTML_REMOVED] did the powerline drop, could you exit left [HTML_REMOVED] ride to Berkley? For some reason I thought I remembered reading that a person has to go right [HTML_REMOVED] end up on Riverside. Going left after the powerline drop is hiking only? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong area. Thanks for any info…

Thread killer

Feb. 23, 2013, 7:46 p.m.

Hopefully this doesn't fall into the "no trail directions" category, but say if you finished Ned's [HTML_REMOVED] did the powerline drop, could you exit left [HTML_REMOVED] ride to Berkley? For some reason I thought I remembered reading that a person has to go right [HTML_REMOVED] end up on Riverside. Going left after the powerline drop is hiking only? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong area. Thanks for any info…

well since it's on the map, here's my 2cents: left after the drop takes you to the powerlines, and then left again takes you to hyannis, which leads to bridle, hyannis again and then to berkley. i usually ride the other direction (from hyannis).

if you go right, you can do greenland to bottletop, to fishermans and back up bridle to hyannis. you don't have to go to riverside.

Feb. 24, 2013, 8:11 a.m.

Hopefully this doesn't fall into the "no trail directions" category, but say if you finished Ned's [HTML_REMOVED] did the powerline drop, could you exit left [HTML_REMOVED] ride to Berkley?

Yes, its the quick way out, flatish downhill. There is a map at that junction too.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 24, 2013, 3 p.m.

hiking only?

You're thinking of the Mystery Creek trail, which LSCR has closed to bike traffic after dropping a bunch of money into resurfacing it. However, some riders have still been ignoring the signs as it is the "easy" way out to Fishermans.

Your options for getting out from the bottom of Neds are:

- Straight/Right to Bottletop, exits on Fishermans at Twin Bridges (left to Riverside).
- Left at the power lines to Hyannis, with the option of dropping down Bridle to Fishermans.

There are signs at the Neds/Greenland intersection with a map showing these options, and explaining that Mystery is closed to bikes.

flickr

Feb. 24, 2013, 3:51 p.m.

Wet on Sunday morning. Snow starts on old buck at the power lines. Power line is a push up. 6 inches of snow at the entrance to Pingu. Little bits of snow on Pingu and boogie. Great to have the log off the log ride on boogie. Unfortunately, because not many people have been riding boogie, the log ride is slickery.

Feb. 25, 2013, 7:22 p.m.

Rode Bridal -[HTML_REMOVED]Salamander [HTML_REMOVED] Old Buck [HTML_REMOVED] Severed [HTML_REMOVED] Applicator [HTML_REMOVED] Salamander. Except for one tree down on the decent of applicator (waist height, and too big to move by hand without a saw), the conditions were fantastic(for february). Watch for blowdown though, the impact the dead trees makes onto the forest bed indicates major injuries if you were to be hit….

March 1, 2013, 5:40 p.m.

Other than being super wet, has this pineapple express gotten rid of any snow?

Shed head!

March 1, 2013, 6:16 p.m.

Probably. There was not much snow left at the Ned's entrance yesterday, and that was a fair bit less than Tuesday. It starts at Dales entrance.

March 1, 2013, 9:44 p.m.

hey folks, any recent trail reports of corkscrew/pingu/pangor?

March 2, 2013, 7:27 p.m.

any more recent updates. Did anyone ride Saturday?

March 2, 2013, 7:55 p.m.

Pangor was a river like I've never seen it today. Go for a hike or pick up a shovel and dig drainages to get the water off the trails.

Caution! The last ladder bridge drop on Pangor is rotted and has been partially disassembled and marked with flagging tape and blocked with debris. Caution!

March 3, 2013, 5:52 p.m.

I rode Corkscrew, Pingu, Pangor this afternoon. No snow or debris on the trails at all, it was super fun !

March 3, 2013, 7 p.m.

I rode Corkscrew, Pingu, Pangor this afternoon. No snow or debris on the trails at all, it was super fun !

I rode up to Severed. Same. Good times. A bit boggy here and there but overall a great quick ride.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 3, 2013, 10:02 p.m.

Cabin trail's been cut, but still need a couple guys to go in and clear the logs off the trail. After 4 tanks of fuel, I ran out of gas (figuratively and literally). If anyone's looking for some easy trail karma, go hike Cabin from Neds to TNT and clear the logs off to the side. Please keep the cedars on the side of the trail so they can be used (that would be the big heavy long ones that smell awesome).

Thanks for doing that, it was a helluva mess.