Seymour 2013 Conditions

Jan. 25, 2013, 9:51 p.m.

At GeoffH- Sharon and I plan on a revised Locals Guide to North Shore Rides probably at the end of this coming summer. We will of course have all the great new trails and new recommended loops! Currently we are hard at work on Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides, which we are hoping to have out sometime this year….stay tuned and thanks for the support!

Mr Simmons, does the iPhone app version have any new content not seen in the hard book? Thinking about picking it up for easier on-trail navigation. Any other user feedback on the app is also appreciated!

Jan. 25, 2013, 11:08 p.m.

I am a map geek. Just like to look at them, whether I need to or not.

I bought the book, lost the book, bought the app, found the book (ok loaned it out and forgot)…

I only look at the app now. I think it is well done. On par with the Squamish and Whistler ones.

Jan. 26, 2013, 8 a.m.

still waiting for android version…

Jan. 26, 2013, 9:38 a.m.

Mr Simmons, does the iPhone app version have any new content not seen in the hard book? Thinking about picking it up for easier on-trail navigation. Any other user feedback on the app is also appreciated!

this again.

I have the book. A great resource but I never take in on the trail. I take pictures of the pages I require on my iPhone and use them. But my finger is still hovering on the buy app button. I have the squamish version and its pretty neat.

Jan. 26, 2013, 9:56 a.m.

Android version please!!

I bet half of us riding out there are on Android.

:bandit:

Jan. 26, 2013, 11:25 a.m.

reegs, currently the app is not updated with the newest trails but that is something we will be discussing with our developer. It would be a download update like software etc..
The reason the Locals' Guide app looks like the Squamish and Whistler ones is because it's the same developer! He creates a great product. If you open the overview map on our app it has the sickest North Shore topo map with hiking trails included…check it out!! We will be creating one for the Fraser Valley too.
Android is still being discussed….

Jan. 28, 2013, 9:21 a.m.

reegs, currently the app is not updated with the newest trails but that is something we will be discussing with our developer. It would be a download update like software etc..
The reason the Locals' Guide app looks like the Squamish and Whistler ones is because it's the same developer! He creates a great product. If you open the overview map on our app it has the sickest North Shore topo map with hiking trails included…check it out!! We will be creating one for the Fraser Valley too.

Awesome !!!

Jan. 28, 2013, 9:52 a.m.

still waiting for android version…

Android version please!!

I bet half of us riding out there are on Android.

Also waiting for Android! :)

Was SUPER excited to learn recently that the SSC, Squamish [HTML_REMOVED] Whistler apps are now on Android :woot:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=TrailMapps.com

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

Jan. 28, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

[QUOTE=ol' dirty;2720921]If you're going to play internet language badcop I suggest using capitals when you start a sentence. Otherwyse u just end up cumming of like a hippocrit. ;)

But I discress….

Seymour is amazing these days and thanks to those clearing the deadfall!

lol - i never use cap, just my thing. look, i get that we all make mistakes with typing, myself included - it's bound to happen. to dicress tho my post wasn't about being a language cop, i just found it quite amusing that the word used wasn't even close to what it should have been - simple as that.

so back on topic what's the situation with the deadfall/blowdown right now? i feel the urge to run the saw.
is this still current?

Tree still down at the bridge east of the Baden Powell / Old Buck junction.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 28, 2013, 1:15 p.m.

so back on topic what's the situation with the deadfall/blowdown right now? i feel the urge to run the saw.
is this still current?

Quite a few trees down on mushroom just before you keep right to head for Dale's and Ned's. Not too much of a problem there since you wont be going to fast at this point… oh wait, maybe I was just slow because I crashed right before them :)

Jan. 28, 2013, 1:33 p.m.

lol - i never use cap, just my thing. look, i get that we all make mistakes with typing, myself included - it's bound to happen. to dicress tho my post wasn't about being a language cop, i just found it quite amusing that the word used wasn't even close to what it should have been - simple as that.

is this still current?

Yeah man, I hear ya…I just took advantage of a joke opp, glad you saw the humour.

Anyway, yeah the tree just east of the OB BP junction is still there, so is the one higher up to the west that you can ride under…

Jan. 28, 2013, 4:44 p.m.

The BC Parks operator was heading in with a chainsaw on Sunday so the ones on BP/Old Buck might be cleared, at least up to the BC Parks boundary sign.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 28, 2013, 8:16 p.m.

And the one over the boogie log ride

Jan. 31, 2013, 4:14 p.m.

So I have a group birthday ride planned for Saturday starting with a lap of Ned's. I was told that there were loads of downed trees ( so much so that it's not worth going) between corkscrew/incline and the entrance to Ned's. Can someone confirm this with up to date info? Thanks. I'm hoping that a chainsaw fairy took a cruise down there recently.

Riding is more fun than not riding

Feb. 2, 2013, 6:45 p.m.

So many friendly faces out there today! The trails are incredible right now…February is awesome.

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews