Seymour 2013 Conditions

Jan. 21, 2013, 10:36 a.m.

What is the preferred direction on Salamander? I ran it a few weeks ago heading East I believe. Looks like a nice one either direction?

It's a great trail either direction just like Sticks n Stones. Plus they have now connected Salamander to the bottom of C Buster.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Jan. 21, 2013, 10:37 a.m.

W to E gets right of way, but discretion and courtesy need to prevail.

Really?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Jan. 21, 2013, 2:09 p.m.

Are there any maps out there that include all the new additions to lower seymour? Locals guide to the shore certainly covers most bases, but with so many trails and so many possible loops in the area I find myself not knowing which trail im riding a lot of the time.

Jan. 21, 2013, 8:40 p.m.

The district and other people that are less then excited about mountain biking check these boards, the shore has tons of closed and illegal trails that everyone knows about. Riding them doesn't make you gnarlier then anyone else, and posting about riding them not only stirs up a shit storm but invites problems upon our entire community.

ride what you will, but use a little digression.
also if your hurting for legal gnar on seymour hitting dales and then cutting back along the bp to c buster is always a good time.

thAn, please and thank you

Jan. 21, 2013, 8:51 p.m.

ride what you will, but use a little digression.

lol

might as well have said digestion.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 21, 2013, 9:25 p.m.

lol

might as well have said digestion.

clearly he meant protection. but I digest…

Epic dry conditions lately, thanks to those who have been clearing downfall. Small areas of snow around top of neds, dales.

Jan. 21, 2013, 10:15 p.m.

Tough crowd. Apparently good intentions are a distant second to syntax around here. Are you guys pretentious dicks out on the trails too? Or do you just save it for the boards?

In other news good to see so many people out yesterday, tons of people pedalling around the lower mountain and mushroom lot was busier then I've ever seen it. Watch out for ice on incline, and I never thought I'd say this but, ned's was unreal yesterday!

Jan. 21, 2013, 10:29 p.m.

Tough crowd. Apparently good intentions are a distant second to syntax around here. Are you guys pretentious dicks out on the trails too? Or do you just save it for the boards?

In other news good to see so many people out yesterday, tons of people pedalling around the lower mountain and mushroom lot was busier then I've ever seen it. Watch out for ice on incline, and I never thought I'd say this but, ned's was unreal yesterday!

dood c'mon, digression is nofuckingwhere close to discretion. they don't even sound the same unless your drunk and even that would be a stretch.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 22, 2013, 11:36 a.m.

So ned's is all good top to bottom?

Jan. 22, 2013, 5:34 p.m.

root transfer line halfway down has big tree in the way, and theres a buncha tree's down on mushroom heading into it, but other then that yeap!

Jan. 23, 2013, 4:47 p.m.

Corkscrew, Pingu, Pangor all clear and in good shape! Dirt was fantastic last night…probably a little mucky today haha.

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Jan. 23, 2013, 7:22 p.m.

At GeoffH- Sharon and I plan on a revised Locals Guide to North Shore Rides probably at the end of this coming summer. We will of course have all the great new trails and new recommended loops! Currently we are hard at work on Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides, which we are hoping to have out sometime this year….stay tuned and thanks for the support!

Jan. 23, 2013, 7:25 p.m.

Another thing GeoffH, the NSMBA will be embarking on a trail signage project this summer too, so hopefully everybody will know _exactl_y where they are!

Jan. 23, 2013, 11:18 p.m.

The 5 way intersection.

flickr

Jan. 25, 2013, 1:46 p.m.

dood c'mon, digression is nofuckingwhere close to discretion. they don't even sound the same unless your drunk and even that would be a stretch.

If you're going to play internet language badcop I suggest using capitals when you start a sentence. Otherwyse u just end up cumming of like a hippocrit. ;)

But I discress….

Seymour is amazing these days and thanks to those clearing the deadfall!