~~~~Sacred Shed Thread II~~~~

Oct. 5, 2011, 2:37 p.m.

My brother in law trying to beat the laws of gravity at the shed.

http://youtu.be/8bgZWYcFuGk

Oi! That blasta needs moar lip!

Oct. 7, 2011, 6:03 a.m.

Nice!
Build something like this on the ridge line!

I can jump and turn my bars.

Oct. 7, 2011, 11:06 a.m.

Will do man!
Let's hook up tomorrow and do some building. The loam is tacky and begging for shape these days.

How's this for an old shed school pic?

That must have been 8-10 years ago.

Oct. 7, 2011, 3:48 p.m.

Man, I don't miss that old brick of a bike!
….I think I'm still rocking the same stinky roach arm pads though.

I can jump and turn my bars.

Nov. 24, 2011, 10:16 a.m.

I was night riding with my wife and kids last night and there are a number of large trees down. Cleared the little stuff as we went, but the other stuff is going to require a chain saw. There along the usual single track trails that majority of the peeps ride. It would be awesome if a trail Gnome packing a chain saw went for a walk. PM if you need a hand pulling away the cut up bits. I can make myself available on the weekend or Monday.

Master of Puppets

Feb. 5, 2012, 3:35 p.m.

Went for a Shed ride today. Quite a few big trees have come down over the winter. I'll have to talk to Brent about how to get them cleared.

Feb. 6, 2012, 2:26 p.m.

I went in there last week and did some cleanup of my own. Pretty much everything that I could move out of the way on most of the biking trails.
In typical february form, the shed is a wreck right now. Goats has turned from a pump track to nicely rounded speed bumps, shedi is in shambles, and someone tore out the jumps on the bus stop trail. Next time I'm in there I'll bring a shovel and hammer, and see what can be repaired. It looks like most of the stuff would be helped by a couple buckets of fresh dirt. The rest may need some more thought.

See how Brent feels about a spring build day. I'm looking forward to warmer weather, and doing some work to polish up the shed trails.

:mullet:

Feb. 6, 2012, 9:21 p.m.

Shed's beat right now. Brett and the Shed Club executive will be getting together to organize some formal trail days as well as some informal build days. Ozibatla is always doing work in the shed and unfortunately he is only one man. Spring will allow us to get down and dirty.

Shed head!

Feb. 10, 2012, 9:49 a.m.

So you're saying we should be spending less time on trail maintenance, and putting more effort into cloning Batla?
It would make for an interesting 2012 season, that's for sure.

:grinno:

Srsly though, I'm in for a trail day. This winter thing is tough on the system, and it's good to see spring coming around the corner.

Is the SBC site still active, or will communication be done through this thread?

March 22, 2012, 2:49 p.m.

what up people. OLD! school member of the shed. funny seeing who is still around lol

cheers!

My son turns 2 Jan 1 06 !!! already smarter then dad

March 22, 2012, 4:13 p.m.

Welcome back Jay!

Shed head!

Sept. 30, 2012, 6:26 p.m.

Heads up for anyone who rides in the Shed with their dog, or walks their dog in there, spotted a very large, healthy looking coyote this afternoon. (I did notice that there are lots of missing cat posters on the boards near the trail heads…)

I didn't get a shot as it was running through the forest, but this is close to what he looked like.

Sept. 30, 2012, 9:17 p.m.

less dog shit is fine by me

diggin

Oct. 1, 2012, 10:06 a.m.

I ran over some cunt's dog droppings on saturday.
Filthy bastards. If I ever catch someone in the act, there will be a rift in the hiker/biker relationshit…. er, ship.

Nov. 4, 2012, 5:27 p.m.

Rode today in between the rain storms, saw 3 other bike groups.

Cleared as much windfall as I could with a folding saw, will need something bigger for the larger trees. Cleared a bunch of puddles.

Anyone riding in there if you could spend a few minutes on maintenance… (You can do a lot with a folding saw for the trees and garden trowel for the puddles)

Anyone think a FB group for the Shed would be useful?