~~~~Sacred Shed Thread II~~~~

July 29, 2010, 2:17 p.m.

Hi

Does the Shed Bike Club have a web site? I see that Tool has shedbikeclub.org, but it does not load?

Master of Puppets

July 29, 2010, 9:35 p.m.

Not anymore unfortunately, our buddy who hosted the site is far too busy now to maintain it so there isn't really any other way other than to get on our mailing list or check in here. email [email protected] for more info.

Shed head!

July 29, 2010, 9:36 p.m.

Aaron, I feel like crap that i didn't join in. I was with my future brother in law and just wanted to show him around for a bit. I was really kicking myself afterwards.

It was fun man, you should've joined in. Maybe next time, last Tuesday of every month for the summer.

Shed head!

July 30, 2010, 11:27 a.m.

Awesome twoonie race last night

I don't get this twoonie race series.
Do you guys race down? or up? or up and down?
What trails do you race? Are there tape lines?

I admit, it sounds like fun, but no one I talk to seems to be able to explain how it works.

Aug. 2, 2010, 8:59 a.m.

^that, and knowing whats up for grabs may entice more to show.

I can jump and turn my bars.

Aug. 2, 2010, 7:44 p.m.

I admit, it sounds like fun, but no one I talk to seems to be able to explain how it works.

Twoonie races are all about fun and riding. Each time there is a race the course changes. Sometimes all down, most of the time it's a combination of the two. We've had a Mini-D which had winning times of 2:40, a two-person team relay which had a total of 10 short laps shared between the two riders to the last race which was a longer more pedally course with a little uphill where times ranged in the 4's to the low 5's. Courses are taped and marked the night of the race and torn down right after. The race series is tryig to promote the possibilities of having organized fun in the shed for everybody, and what we have seen has shown some good success. Young guys to a father and son team to oldtimers who we haven't seen in a long time. Everyone's welcome, the XC guys are racing next to the freeriders in these races and there are ear to ear smiles from everyone. Come check it out on the last Tuesday of this month and see for yourself.

Shed head!

Aug. 2, 2010, 7:49 p.m.

^that, and knowing whats up for grabs may entice more to show.

This isn't Phast Wednesdays or the Thursday night Twoonie races in Whistler so we haven't quite got the sponsorship that those series enjoy to draw the numbers they get. What's up for grabs here is a little competitive racing, some comraderie and a chance at some bragging rights for the winner. This series also adds a little something different to the riding area which we all have come to know very well and can be a little repetitive. Ever ridden a line in the shed and wondered what it would be like to race? Here's your chance………oh and we also provide food and beverages after the race for everyone.

Shed head!

Aug. 3, 2010, 12:43 a.m.

sounds sick! I'll be there on the 24th! where do we meet? and whats the format for this twoonie race. Pm me details

Aug. 3, 2010, 7:44 a.m.

Here's the info on the remaining races

Check it out kids………………..
Tuesday Night Twoonie Race Series !!!!

Registration [HTML_REMOVED] Insurance Info

Last Tuesday of the month - May through September
Registration is @ 6:00pm
Racing @ 6:45pm
Meet @ Pinewood Elementary 11777 Pinewood Dr - Delta BC

All racers must be a Shed Bike Club member - Sign up on site - only $5.00/ year !
All racers must be insured - either Cycling BC http://www.cyclingbc.net/buy-your-race-license - Associate Club membership covers all races and events put on by the Shed Bike Club - only $32.00 per year !!!

Or purchase one time event insurance - only $8.00 and "Twoonie" entrance fee $2.00 - only available day of race !
E-mail [email protected] for more info.

All ages and riding abilities welcome - kids under 18 require parental consent and signature - waiver on site race day of race.

Race Info

August 31st - JIMMY'S JUMP FEST
A downhill time trial showcasing the SBC's newly rebuilt Bender line. A different course for all levels of jumpers - beginner, intermediate or advanced. THIS RACE FORMAT MAY CHANGE: I'LL KEEP YOU GUYS UPDATED.

September 28th - THE PAIN TRAIN
A cross country time trial using a great mix of all the best singletrack the Shed has to offer! Race categories to be set by bike weight - come one come all !!!!!

Shed head!

Aug. 3, 2010, 11:06 p.m.

This sounds like good fun, my citizens 2010 race liscence would set me up for insurance all I'd need is the sbc club 5$ membership plus 2$ for the races right?

Aug. 4, 2010, 7 a.m.

This sounds like good fun, my citizens 2010 race liscence would set me up for insurance all I'd need is the sbc club 5$ membership plus 2$ for the races right?

Yes.

Shed head!

Aug. 5, 2010, 10:15 a.m.

Bender gets B I G at the lower end past the creek drain.
Should be a hell of a race.

:cool:

Aug. 7, 2010, 11:35 a.m.

It does sound like fun.

I can jump and turn my bars.

Aug. 9, 2010, 6:36 p.m.

where is this bender jump line everybody is talking about?? also is there any chance of more trails being built in the watershed?

Aug. 10, 2010, 8:33 p.m.

bender is a hard entrance to describe. It's near the rock drop, off the main trail…
Your best bet is to hop into it at the creek drain, and follow the trail up.

Or maybe someone else might have a better description. Mine sucks the big goat.