~~~~Sacred Shed Thread II~~~~

March 9, 2010, 12:54 a.m.

Judging by the behaviour of some mtb'ers while parked in front of Pinewood that I've witnessed over the years, I might be a bit pissy if I lived there as well….

just saying.

Yup. I never had any run-ins with neighbours when I still lived down there and rode the Shed. In fact, most of them were quite friendly to us.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

March 9, 2010, 7:20 a.m.

Judging by the behaviour of some mtb'ers while parked in front of Pinewood that I've witnessed over the years, I might be a bit pissy if I lived there as well….

just saying.

Times have really changed. In all the days that I'm in there, I haven't seen mtb ignorance at Pinewood for years. A few weeks ago, some twats in a POS car were doing burnouts in the area, but it wasn't mtb'ers. That was the first time in a long time that I've seen something like that. I remember what it used to be like though. Guys drinking, swearing, changing at the school. Those brodawg's have moved to Fromme and Seymour now. Let the NSMBA deal with those clowns.

March 9, 2010, 12:26 p.m.

Times have really changed. In all the days that I'm in there, I haven't seen mtb ignorance at Pinewood for years. A few weeks ago, some twats in a POS car were doing burnouts in the area, but it wasn't mtb'ers. That was the first time in a long time that I've seen something like that. I remember what it used to be like though. Guys drinking, swearing, changing at the school. Those brodawg's have moved to Fromme and Seymour now. Let the NSMBA deal with those clowns.

unfortunately the shed still gets it's share of clowns. no offense to the younger crowd, but i've seen some of them in there swearing loudly or ripping by hikers w/o slowing down for them. even had a couple who were out hiking complain loudly while staring at me about how rude and obnoxious mt bikers are and how we need to slow down and respect others. or the group or bikers last year who were resting at the meadow with weed in one hand and beer in the other while every second word was fuk this or fuk that.

speaking of which, there was a green pickup there around december and the two doods who had just finished their ride were also finishing up their large starbucks coffees, as i left an hour or so later, the coffee cups were tossed to the side of the bushes. there's a freaking garbage can not even 50ft from where they were.

March 9, 2010, 1:02 p.m.

oh man, what a joke.
I've seen guys in there smoking weed and it doesn't bother me too much. I've also come across guys drinking, and that doesn't bother me too much either, as neither were causing a scene or attracting attention to themselves. But it's plain to see that even though most of us are respectful in there, all it takes is a small group of douches before the public starts viewing us all as troublemakers.

:(

March 9, 2010, 1:03 p.m.

I started this thread after seeing a bunch of riders drinking outside of the school last year:
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=120058

March 10, 2010, 8:50 a.m.

that makes me…..

March 10, 2010, 6:26 p.m.

I know those guys, they were a little older right? Harmless to say the least and they should have known better, but still good guys that have been riding in the Shed for a very long time.

Shed head!

March 10, 2010, 6:28 p.m.

PS - Whoever keeps pulling out the blockade setup @ one of the entrances to the Bender trail should go run fullspeed into a wall headfirst. I put it there for a reason, yet time after time people keep pulling it out because they are too lazy to find the PROPER entrance.

Shed head!

March 10, 2010, 6:58 p.m.

I found that trail I had been looking for yesterday… Looks good. I enjoyed the parts that I could ride:P
Yesterday there was a large group of teenagers wandering and yelling and walking on the trails. Kinda just stayed outta there way as I don't wanna piss em off and them take it out on the trails( I'm a teenager too, but not a strong one:lol:) There was about 7-8 them.

flickr

March 10, 2010, 7:40 p.m.

Here is a quick little video I made from the shed. Nothing special really, just testing out the new gopro hd and various mounting spots and editing/exporting options. Lots to learn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMrGx4IjoZQ

March 10, 2010, 8:27 p.m.

Here is a quick little video I made from the shed. Nothing special really, just testing out the new gopro hd and various mounting spots and editing/exporting options. Lots to learn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMrGx4IjoZQ

Haha, cool little vid, nice perspective too.

Shed head!

March 10, 2010, 9:36 p.m.

I found that trail I had been looking for yesterday… Looks good. I enjoyed the parts that I could ride:P
Yesterday there was a large group of teenagers wandering and yelling and walking on the trails. Kinda just stayed outta there way as I don't wanna piss em off and them take it out on the trails( I'm a teenager too, but not a strong one:lol:) There was about 7-8 them.

Wish I Was there… BTW to the folks that have lived there for years and no issues, thats great, but I didn't do a damn thing for her to start screaming at me from the end of her driveway to where I was standing at the entrance of the trail pretty much.
I'm not a $hit disturber or one to start it,but if you're going to flap your gums off at me for no reason, prepare to get it in return.

March 11, 2010, 7:43 a.m.

ya stay outta their way. last year i was out for an early sat morning ride at about 830. it was an amazing morning, no one around and the sun was just warming up then suddenly….i came out of the bottom trail i started my way towards the hill for the climb back up. just as i neared the hill i came up onto 4 big teens who looked like they were walking off a hang over. i figured with my bruce lee skills they wouldn't mess with me even though the smallest guy was about my size and the other 3 where a wee bit larger.

anyway, as i approached, one of them said "nice bike bra" and the other one mumbled "we should take it for a spin". I said thanks to the first guy but decided to keep peddling fast and not slow down and turn left for the hill where even my grandma in her walker could catch me. i got to the drop trail (or test eagles) entry and thought i had gotten enough distance so i decided to hike up it. as i started in, i heard "hey, there he is". i didn't look back but quickly hiked in and upwards. as i got 3/4 of the way up i felt a bit safe to turn and look (i was also out of breath) and sure enough, two seconds later they were peeking in through the entry looking for me. i stood still as if i was in the rice paddy feilds back in 'nam!

i doubt they would have done anything, but then again, who knows. i decided to b-line it back to my car as no one was around that morning and i didn't want to take any chances. that unfortunately was the last of my morning rides.

March 11, 2010, 8:44 p.m.

[GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2202667906816795810#[/GVIDEO]

Here's a vid I made a long while back. Ahhhh the 'shed, hopefully I will be back in there by May! Fingers Crossed!

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=20017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

March 12, 2010, 8:10 a.m.

Wow, things have changed a lot there since that video was taken. Post up when you come out trini-dad. I'd like to meet you, and head out for a ride.

:cool: