~~~~Sacred Shed Thread II~~~~

March 8, 2010, 1:01 p.m.

You guys ever have a run in with the crazy lady that lived on the corner of pine wood and whatever street that is across from the school? They used to park their cars in front of their house so no one would park there. I was happy when they had a sold sign on their house, but then notiuced they moved one house over!@!!! DAMN!!! I couldn\t believe that LOL

March 8, 2010, 1:50 p.m.

the new bender line is great. i do miss the cheese wedge jump at the bottom of shedi. that was a great practice jump.

19 ppl? yikes good thing i was too lazy to go yesterday. i ran into a large group once (about 10 teens) and they were lining up at the top of goats. i didn't want to wait around so i took off to ride the sheid. after a few runs later they showed up and started all lining up at the top of the log boner. got to a stupid point of lots of waiting around and too little riding.

wickerman1, i ride the shed alone too most of the time and i hear you about that "what if something happens and i'm alone" feeling. i rolled my ankle at the bottom of shedi once and had a hell of a time hobbling back up to my car.

one time i came across a guy who had fallen off the wooden bridge on goats and had hurt/sprained his knee badly. he could not put any weight on it and could barely move. i had to literally carry him out. that's the sort of thing that keeps me within my limits i suppose.

anyway, if you wanna hit up the shed one of these weekends, pm me.

March 8, 2010, 5:19 p.m.

Is there an SBC still in existence?

Yes the SBC still exists, only a handful of guys. my buddy who managed the website got really busy and could no longer do it anymore, so the website is down. We will be planning a trail day soon, so keep your ears open. It's tough to get everyone together with work schedules and families so we do what we can when we can. The new Bender line is our work and we are really focussing on that right now. The rest of the Goat jumps/Goats/Stairway/Shedi line we hope to work on on an actual trail day. Unfortunately, we really can only work on one trail at a time and we haven't been able to get back that line to keep it up. If anyone wants to volunteer some time to help maintain the Goat's line, PM me and we can set something up. Test Eagles is Marcus's baby and we he has full reign on that one. The Bender line should be sick when we are done but it is a work in progress.

Shed head!

March 8, 2010, 5:20 p.m.

You guys ever have a run in with the crazy lady that lived on the corner of pine wood and whatever street that is across from the school? They used to park their cars in front of their house so no one would park there. I was happy when they had a sold sign on their house, but then notiuced they moved one house over!@!!! DAMN!!! I couldn\t believe that LOL

Yeah they are idiots, people with a chip on their shoulder who want to blame everyone else for their miserable lives, especially mountain bikers. I just ignore them.

Shed head!

March 8, 2010, 5:21 p.m.

Wow thats seems really interesting. Thanks for sharing …

Keep bumping threads guy, it helps all of us,

Shed head!

March 8, 2010, 5:22 p.m.

I really need to find out which trail matches which name. A SBC map would help a lot since the Delta map has virtually no trail names on it.

Come out for a ride with us. We could show you around. We don't really have the resources to print up a proper map, so for right now it's kind of a word of mouth thing.

Shed head!

March 8, 2010, 5:35 p.m.

Come out for a ride with us. We could show you around. We don't really have the resources to print up a proper map, so for right now it's kind of a word of mouth thing.

I've never been to a SBC ride but have attended at least 1 trail day a year since I moved out to ND. I was also at the fund raiser at the pub last year.

One idea would be to take the Corp's digital map and add some names to it.

http://www.corp.delta.bc.ca/assets/Engineering/PDF/watershed_trailmap.pdf

March 8, 2010, 5:44 p.m.

I've never been to a SBC ride but have attended at least 1 trail day a year since I moved out to ND. I was also at the fund raiser at the pub last year.

Hmmmmmmmmmm……I was there as well, but I probably don't remember you as I drove straight from arthroscopic knee surgery to the fund raiser and was still coming out from the anaesthesia:lol: Actually, my girlfriend drove.

Shed head!

March 8, 2010, 6:33 p.m.

Yeah they are idiots, people with a chip on their shoulder who want to blame everyone else for their miserable lives, especially mountain bikers. I just ignore them.

I know once she came outside and said she had nowhere to park her cars and told us to park in the school parking lot because we weren't allowed to park on the street. I told her to show me where are the signs saying I cannot park there. She couldn't answer, then she said again " I don't have anywhere to park my cars" I told her" How about your driveway, you never park in it"
Another time we wre parked beside her house on Pinewood, and she came out and asked us to move across the street because we were on "her sidewalk" lol a quiet little woman that rides with us told her" How about you go in your house and try getting laid, maybe you might surprise yourself and smile for once". She stormed back in the house. I have made a sign I tape to the side f my van if ever I need to park near her place" Do not disturb Mountain Bikers" LOL

March 8, 2010, 6:40 p.m.

Cool story bros :banned:

March 8, 2010, 6:46 p.m.

Cool story bros :banned:

seen alot of thos posts today and its always the first post from them…possible spam maybe ?

March 8, 2010, 8:07 p.m.

^^^^this

Shed head!

March 8, 2010, 8:09 p.m.

I know once she came outside and said she had nowhere to park her cars and told us to park in the school parking lot because we weren't allowed to park on the street. I told her to show me where are the signs saying I cannot park there. She couldn't answer, then she said again " I don't have anywhere to park my cars" I told her" How about your driveway, you never park in it"
Another time we wre parked beside her house on Pinewood, and she came out and asked us to move across the street because we were on "her sidewalk" lol a quiet little woman that rides with us told her" How about you go in your house and try getting laid, maybe you might surprise yourself and smile for once". She stormed back in the house. I have made a sign I tape to the side f my van if ever I need to park near her place" Do not disturb Mountain Bikers" LOL

Yeah she's a douche, I've had one good run-in with her and it ended the same way, with her in a huff and nothing to say. Like I said, she is miserable.

Shed head!

March 8, 2010, 8:38 p.m.

Yeah she's a douche, I've had one good run-in with her and it ended the same way, with her in a huff and nothing to say. Like I said, she is miserable.

I don't understand how anyone can go through life so miserable, especially buy TWO homes near a park with 710 acres of mountain bike trails in it.
I wonder if it was her that sued Delta Corp year ago when the city cut out all the woodwork? wouldn't surprise me, maybe Delta Corp bought her the second house.

March 8, 2010, 10:19 p.m.

Judging by the behaviour of some mtb'ers while parked in front of Pinewood that I've witnessed over the years, I might be a bit pissy if I lived there as well….

just saying.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com