~~~~Sacred Shed Thread II~~~~

Aug. 13, 2006, 9:05 p.m.

Tool!! You made it 500 pages man!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a good day, only 10 or so of us, including the kids. We fixed Goats' Drop, and Brett did some work lower down. BBQ, GC's to Rocky's and swag. Good day, and some good work done.

Thanks to all who work endlessly to keep the Shed going strong, you all know who you are!!!!!

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=20017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Aug. 14, 2006, 10:11 a.m.

Great work! Did you guys get a chance to finish the above ladder?

Aug. 14, 2006, 6:49 p.m.

Might be riding the shed after work tomorrow

Aug. 15, 2006, 5:39 p.m.

is the shedbikeclub.org site down?

Aug. 15, 2006, 11:28 p.m.

Rode the shed today, haha you get so much speed if you nail the tranny of that table right, things are really dry in the there, i noticed the trails were getting eaten alive.

Cove Peeler For Sale, cheap.

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2717&cat=13

Aug. 16, 2006, 7:53 a.m.

is the shedbikeclub.org site down?

Working now.

http://www.shedbikeclub.org/

Aug. 16, 2006, 11:26 p.m.

Now i dont mean to be nitpicky but that berm looks off, or more likely the dirt ramp. bad angle?. and whens the next shed day gunna be?

Man this kid is totally a stalker. I can't wait to tell Matt that I told a stalker how to contact him. Do you want his address and phone number?

Aug. 17, 2006, 10:10 a.m.

that new table nearly kicked my arse last week. It tossed me up a lot higher than I expected, and I came down heavy front. I worry that the jump is what gets us kicked out of the shed, as it's just too close to civililization. Some kid is going to huck off it and mess themselves up.

I love the table, but I'm not fond of it's location.
As for the rest of the build, great job.

When's the next build day?
I couldn't make the last one due to too many babies.
:(

Aug. 17, 2006, 9:10 p.m.

the jump is a great build with hard work but its not right … kick is ok, looks good to me but the landing is ass less then a bike length and its to steep makes no sence … plus its the first hit … then u have to hit hard brakes to slow down for the 2nd one or u die. saying that the shed looks like it got great love looks good … next day im there .. u could fix the first jump by taking out the log across the top of the tranny and lessen the steep tranny buy pushing it back a bit passed the log … thats just me and i helped build and rebuild jumps on aline so i kinda know what im talking about .. can i have a go at it ?

RIDE BIKES
:canada:

Aug. 18, 2006, 9:04 a.m.

I rode the shed last night, and I have to admit, that first TT is pretty wild. It took a few attempts, but once you're confident, it really chucks you. Funny thing is, after taking that TT, the rest of the jumps are nothing.

I'll be heading back tonight.
There's some unfinished business I need to take care of between me and a ladder bridge.
:beer:

Aug. 19, 2006, 10:16 a.m.

I hear you guys and yes the tranny needs more dirt on the bottom of it to make it longer and not as steep. I was thinking that as more people land the jump the more the dirt would travel down and draw out the landing more but that's not the case, instead it's packing, which is great but it needs more dirt because you are right, the landing is too steep.

As for location, there is no where else to build jumps like these unless we get a new trail. Ideally it would be nice to put a sign up. Actually even more ideal is that people ride within their capabilites and make that decision themselves but that'll never happen. If people are unsure they can go around the jump and still hit the rest of the line no prob.

I know i'm being defensive because I worked on it but everything is always a work in progress, and to really sound whiney, it's kind of funny to hear all of this when only 10 people show up to a trail day. yes we need more communication out there but give someone a shout either for a ride or to suggest ideas or to help.

www.shedbikeclub.org go to the forum
[email protected] and get in touch with Brett
or throw out a pm

Aug. 19, 2006, 10:20 a.m.

Now i dont mean to be nitpicky but that berm looks off, or more likely the dirt ramp. bad angle?. and whens the next shed day gunna be?

For one i haven't tried it out yet and it's not supposed to be a full on wall, I wanted to have it straighten out and roll down so it can line people up for the hip.

Aug. 19, 2006, 10:27 a.m.

Lastly, I got people wanting to make the lip steeper to give more pop
:eek:

Hopefully I can get in there this coming week and add more dirt to the tranny. Ideally that log across will be covered up, that's why we framed the sides ontop of that log so the dirt can be packed up high

Aug. 20, 2006, 12:35 p.m.

does anyone wanna ride the shed this afternoon? around 3ish or 4 maybe? im looking for some people to session with and nobody wants to go out there with me yet, hahah.

Man this kid is totally a stalker. I can't wait to tell Matt that I told a stalker how to contact him. Do you want his address and phone number?

Aug. 20, 2006, 1:33 p.m.

hey just wonderin when the next building day is gonna b, might b fun to go help u guys out