Pemberton trail conditions 2014

May 12, 2014, 5:17 p.m.

A trip here might be incoming for a couple friends and I this weekend, heard some great things. Can anyone give me a little info on the trails?

Preferably looking for DH shuttles, are many trails open/dry yet? Is there one sorta central riding area? Also advice on a sweet place to camp and drop a fishing line or two would be wicked..

Cheers

May 12, 2014, 5:23 p.m.

Also if any cool cats wanna give us a bit of a tour or guidance we will glady return the favour for some summertime Iron mountain DH in Merritt

May 12, 2014, 6:45 p.m.

New guidebook has a ton of info, as well as the bike pirate site which has google maps of everything too.
Trails are almost all good to go (i haven't been in a while so can't tell you exactly). Main riding area is Mackenzie/mosquitoe lake there's also one mile lake, and PhD and reserectum are kind of off on their own. Mackenzie+mosquitoe has fire roads going around although there's also really really good climbing routes going up. Road on Mackenzie and the one up reserectum aren't very nice, 4x4 truck is good. I dunno about PhD haven't ridden it.

There's the enduro race on the 17th if you didn't know. Can't help on showing around, out of town for a while.

May 12, 2014, 6:45 p.m.

Nairn falls is the closest provincial camp ground, like 2 min out of town, Owl creek is the closest Rec Site, sometimes you pay nothing there as no one shows up to collect, lots of lakes and rivers in the area for fishing, almost all trails in Pemby are good to go at the moment….Mackenzie for DH shuttles, Mosquito lake for more pedalling type trails….

mtbskierdad

May 12, 2014, 7:21 p.m.

wicked. I read about the guidebook in my research, might have to grab one. We were thinking Nairn looked nice but will definitely look into Owl creek, we aren't too sure how it'll be camping since it is May long after all. Sounds like we will be spending some good time in the Mackenzie area. I'm surprised so many trails are open right now, really pumped up now. Is there a recommended shop in town to get the scoop?

Thanks for the info and resources

May 12, 2014, 7:57 p.m.

http://bikeco.ca/locations/

May 12, 2014, 8 p.m.

wicked. I read about the guidebook in my research, might have to grab one. We were thinking Nairn looked nice but will definitely look into Owl creek, we aren't too sure how it'll be camping since it is May long after all. Sounds like we will be spending some good time in the Mackenzie area. I'm surprised so many trails are open right now, really pumped up now. Is there a recommended shop in town to get the scoop?

Thanks for the info and resources

some trails have been good to go since January (at least until when the snow came end of February), then end of March they were back to being Pemby spring goodness….

mtbskierdad

May 12, 2014, 9:30 p.m.

Check in with BikeCo once enduro course is announced to be aware of the course on Saturday. Nairn Falls can fill up on a long weekend, nice place with riding right out of your campsite.
Whatever you ride, don't miss Creampuff.

May 13, 2014, 8:01 p.m.

Will do.. Thanks. Pretty fired up right now but we had some friends bail. Gonna try to still make it out and probably going to bring the XC bikes as well so we can try out some loops since the shuttles might suck with 2 guys. Looking forward to get a taste of both sides.

Would we be able to shred a quad for truck retrievals after the DH trails? Or do they spit out near pavement?

May 15, 2014, 9:11 a.m.

We had a motobike for retrieval up Reserectum only three of us. Might work up Mackenzie too trails don't come out near pavement that I can remember. Just a pedal back to your quad.

mtbskierdad

May 15, 2014, 4:08 p.m.

Rode PHD today. The top section has about 5 or 6 medium sized trees down across it. Only one of which is half way down a rock roll so watch out. The rest of the trail is all clear. Road is drying out a bit too save a few drainage issues.

May 18, 2014, 5:06 p.m.

Middle Earth is now clear of snow, Gravitron and Gravitrout are good to go.

May 21, 2014, 8:46 p.m.

A couple of new developments in Pemberton. First… new map!! Pick them up at the BikeCo. Second… it looks like Sabre is closing the existing gravel lot at the bottom of Mackenzie. New parking is across the tracks and on your left. Fine if it is dry but perhaps a bit muddy when wet. Trying to find someone to dump some gravel in there.

June 8, 2014, 6:24 p.m.

People are starting to ride JTR - some hiking in the snow, and "about twenty" trees down along the route.

June 8, 2014, 6:48 p.m.

Rode Nimby, Backpains to creampuff.

Awesome new signage, great work PVTA!

Top of Creampuff is sure getting worked, friend of mine is moving up there, I'm going to see if I can convince him to make this a winter project!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram