Pemberton trail conditions 2014

Jan. 6, 2014, 10:20 a.m.

One Mile Lake area:

Ice, Ice, Baby
(lots of fun on a fat bike though)

Jan. 28, 2014, 1:56 p.m.

We actually have dirt to ride now:
Happy, Waco, NIMBY to Back Pains all open. Bob Gnarly, Indy and BS[HTML_REMOVED]F in great shape. The rest of the south facing Mosquito Lake trails are clear, but there's snow and ice on the access.

March 21, 2014, 3:37 p.m.

Spring Update!

Huge melting this week - trails are now open!

Happy, Waco, all the lower front side stuff is clear. Access via Mosquito Lake is poor, still snow on the roads. Excellent Enduro conditions, I'd say.:P I've updated the shop's web site:

http://bikeco.ca/trails/pemberton-trails/

CN Rail has been nice enough to dump a huge pile of boulders at the start of the Bathtub trail, requiring a scramble - careful, they're all moving around.

Have fun!

March 26, 2014, 6:01 p.m.

NIMBY clear as far as Bob Gnarly. Trails are in great shape. The bridge at the bottom of Happy trail was about to collapse so PVTA sent Seb out to fix 'er up:
[ATTACH]9825[/ATTACH]

edit: and the picture is upside down for some reason, sorry!

March 27, 2014, 8:53 a.m.

I still don't get the CN thing. I can see them being pissed about riding ON the tracks but beside them and on the bridge which has a walkway can't be that big of a deal. Most people aren't stupid enough to go over the bridge when a train is coming. It's a 100m stretch. Plus a small crossing down the tracks. Wish we were having a bridge building party instead of a barn raising party.

mtbskierdad

April 1, 2014, 12:34 p.m.

Oh, the shockingly expensive bridge is coming, there's federal funding in place and the town is trying to get the power plant contractors to drive some piles before they move all their equipment up to Keyhole.

NIMBY is now kinda clear through to Back Pains, some snow around the creeks.

April 5, 2014, 3:41 p.m.

NIMBY is now kinda clear through to Back Pains, some snow around the creeks.

just a couple of ice patches on the last climb after the stream crossing right before BP…..BP is running primo right now!

April 6, 2014, 3:36 p.m.

One Mile Lake trails - Newsflash etc. are clear and running well. Some snow under the power lines, and not sure about the bottom of Lumpy's, the flats along the river holds the snow longer.

April 6, 2014, 8:05 p.m.

Tons of people shuttling today. Bob Gnarly, Hawaii etc all getting torn up quickly from high traffic after last night's rain. Nimby is now completely rideable to BP, looked clear as far as you can see above too.

April 6, 2014, 8:50 p.m.

Tons of people shuttling today. Bob Gnarly, Hawaii etc all getting torn up quickly from high traffic after last night's rain. Nimby is now completely rideable to BP, looked clear as far as you can see above too.

rode nimby to bp to bsf after work, finished just as it got dark and started to rain a little haha. It's gotta be clear higher, I want to give stimulus or something a shot soon probably good to go.

April 7, 2014, 3:48 p.m.

Justin H. tried Overnight yesterday, said he was post-holing at the top of NIMBY and down the road. He could ride part of the spur to Overnight, and the trail itself was good.

April 7, 2014, 3:56 p.m.

Justin H. tried Overnight yesterday, said he was post-holing at the top of NIMBY and down the road. He could ride part of the spur to Overnight, and the trail itself was good.

Really appreciate these updates!

April 7, 2014, 4:08 p.m.

bit of snow on the road from mosq lake up towards cream puff/meat grinder junction, No Err was in sweet shape, Ramble On/Moby Dick were good too, bit of fresh work in there, was that the nimby 50 guys busy?

April 15, 2014, 7:31 p.m.

I rode nimby-overnight sensation yesterday, 99% clear. Walked through snow from the split with let it go to the road. Some snow on mack FSR but the branch off to overnight and rusty trombone is pretty much all clear. Several trees down tho, too big for the little saw in my pack.

April 19, 2014, 7:20 p.m.

I rode nimby-overnight sensation yesterday, 99% clear. Walked through snow from the split with let it go to the road.

It was all clear today, no more walking required. Someone had obviously been through with a saw, as Overnight was in great shape. Thanks!